Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Highs and Lows on the Lotto

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 12 years ago by GoArmy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
GoArmy's avatar - redcross
Waukegan, IL
United States
Member #8043
October 22, 2004
753 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2005, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I have noticed that I have winning streaks for a few months and then I go completely cold. There are times that I will have two or three boxed hits a week (I always play strt/boxed) if not a straight hit. Right when I think that I am about to hit HUGE I go completely cold and cant seem to get anything or suffer from the old "one off" saga. I dont even want to talk about this right now, very sore subject. 

I was talking to a friend of mine (who bets the ponies) and he said that when this happens to him, he will buy a lot of garlic and keep it on his fireplace mantle and write the words I AM A WINNER on his mirror in lip stick (the guy truly is a fruit cake but you gotta love him). I was wondering if anyone else has any little superstitions that they use to break the bad luck.  

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
    Member #9517
    December 10, 2004
    1272 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2005, 6:00 am - IP Logged

And did that weird seremony actually help your friend with his winning streaks?

Waukegan, IL
      United States
      Member #8043
      October 22, 2004
      753 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2005, 6:02 am - IP Logged

Not at all but it never fails to crack me up to no ends. He actually does really good at them when he wins (in one week took in over 7 grand profit). Bets a ton but when he loses.........he really loses.

Waukegan, IL
        United States
        Member #8043
        October 22, 2004
        753 Posts
        Posted: March 6, 2005, 6:11 am - IP Logged

To be completely honest with you, I was about to try it...........about ten minutes after I started this thread I found out that I had finally hit a pretty notable profit on the P-4. This isn't meant to be a mystical thread but I guess it could go either or. Just curious if anyone else ever has Highs and Lows and what they do when they are slumping a bit.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
          Member #4416
          April 22, 2004
          1075 Posts
          Posted: March 6, 2005, 8:29 am - IP Logged

GoArmy,

I think most everyone who bets on a regular basis goes through hot and cold streaks. When I'm on a winning high, I just keep picking my numbers the same way and sometimes I'll start betting a little more. When I'm on a losing low, I usually will stick with my methods if the losing streak doesn't go on for too long. If the streak does continue for a very long time, I'll start trying new methods or old methods that have worked well in the past. I usually keep betting at the same level when I'm on a losing streak, but I never increase my bets when on a losing low.

aye'

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
            Beautiful Florida
            United States
            Member #5709
            July 18, 2004
            20119 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2005, 8:42 am - IP Logged

i too have ups and downs in the game, but i've learned a long time ago that you "can't" force the numbers no matter how hard you try. whenever i'm in a slump so to speak, i back off and after collecting my thoughts, i do the opposite of what i'm thinking and go against my way of playing until i get back on track. everybody goes through slumps and i think everyone has a different way of handling it. the " ups and downs " are just another "pot hole" on the highway of life, the more you can avoid, the smoother the ride......!

so whenever i'm in a slump, i don't bet as much until my methods get me back on track..!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Waukegan, IL
              United States
              Member #8043
              October 22, 2004
              753 Posts
              Posted: March 6, 2005, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

Aye and Maddog,

Thank you for responding. I cant believe that just a short time after I posted this I found out that I had hit a good little lick. The feeling was mighty good!!! Been in a slump for a while and it gave me a little more confidence..............too much confidence.........got 46 bucks on the lottery tonight!