Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lost and the cursed numbers 4 8 15 16 23

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 12 years ago by MADDOG10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Toronto
Canada
Member #12127
March 6, 2005
1 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2005, 9:05 am - IP Logged

It's probably rare when a popular TV show has a set of lottery numbers as the main character in an episode. Last week during Lost on ABC the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 not only were prominent in the plot, they were also cursed. So, I imagine that thousands (or millions?) of viewers played them this week. I know I did. I only matched two numbers for Lottario -- so apparently my life will not be cursed also. Did anyone else play these numbers, and did you win anything?

The curse of the numbers mostly fell on the character Hurley and his family. After winning $156 million when the numbers 4 ... 8 ... 15 ... 16 ... 23 ... and the bonus ball ... 42 were pulled, misfortune struck. His grandfather had a heart attack, his new house burned down, his mom sprained her ankle, he was falsely arrested, a company he owned burned, and the dvent lead up the the plane crash. Others who previously used the numbers were also in dire straits or dead.

onenumber's avatar - swordgirl
    Chicago, IL
    United States
    Member #8354
    November 2, 2004
    1580 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2005, 9:19 am - IP Logged

Yes Thomaus,

You and I and everyone who watched that episode played those numbers and have continued to play those numbers.  That night it aired, I played those numbers in the Illinois Little Lotto and got 2 numbers which pays one dollar for two numbers.  So, I know I missed the curse!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20119 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2005, 9:55 am - IP Logged

i too played the numbers, but i think only two came out so i guess the "curse" has passed me by..... at least i hope so!!!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "