Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ion Saliu's "wheel632" - newbie questions

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 12 years ago by rowdy117.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Canada
Member #12229
March 8, 2005
28 Posts
Posted: March 8, 2005, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Hi, not sure if this is the right board for such questions, but while searching I've seen Ion responding to posts here, so I'm assuming it would be appropriate :)

I've recently started getting into lottery software in general, and specifically I've come across Ion's site.  There's a lot of info there, which I'm still digesting, but I've dived in and grabbed the "pick632" bundle to experiment with.

The documentation is a little sparse, but I've found a lot of my questions answered by searching saliu.com.  However, I still have a couple of questions that I can't find answers to re: WHEEL632;

- I figured out how to get Wheel632 to work with a LEAST6 file, but does it also support BEST6 and LEAST6 together?  If so, how would the data file be configured (eg, BEST6+LEAST6+DATA-6 or LEAST6+BEST6+DATA-6)?  What value would I have to change in my strategy file to accomodate that (similar to the first row-2nd number modification in the file for LEAST6 alone)?

- from reading, I understand the selection of filters is a personal thing and requires some testing on my part to see what works, but is there a quick summary of what all the filters mean/do in my W6 files?  I've found some info via searching on some of them, but so far what I've found is a little disjointed and/or outdated.

Thanks in advance!!

Canada
    Member #8436
    November 5, 2004
    17 Posts
    Posted: March 8, 2005, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Here is some info on filters:

http://www.saliu.com/bbs/messages/917.html

Best6 option does not work in Pick632:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/101025?q=lotto632

Least6 file goes on top of your D6 file:

Least6

DATA-6

SIM-6

Also, remember not to run winning reports on data files with Least6.

rowdy117's avatar - image php?u=2413&dateline=1135265132
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #12466
      March 14, 2005
      29 Posts
      Posted: March 14, 2005, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

The filters basically are used to eliminate combinations.  When you set a filter max or min, you filter out several combinations.

Try downloading his MDIEditor and Lotto WE program and read the lottery tutorial.  It is very well written.

The way to make the filters work is to look for very large or very small filter values as compared to the median.  These rare occurances produce very few combinations.  Try Three1max=1 or Four1max =1.  They dont happen very often, but when they do, your odds are unbelieveably better.

I hope this helps.