Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Social Security Lottery

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 12 years ago by fast eddie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Chicago
United States
Member #2661
October 31, 2003
38 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2005, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

It's no joke! I heard on one of the news channels, Fox I think, that one of the proposed bailouts for Social Security is a NATIONAL LOTTERY.  Now, if they would let China play via the net we could also solve the balance of trade in one package deal.  Just the fact that some lawmaker has injected the idea says that some day we will have a national lottery.  Probably need one very soon if that nation debt keeps on going and going!

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    United States
    Member #3013
    December 13, 2003
    3051 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2005, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

A national lottery to bail out social security or eduction federally would not surprise me and I would play if the ticket cost was a dollar per play.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8361 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2005, 11:19 am - IP Logged

A national lottery was tossed around a while back and if memory serves me the USA decided that it was not a good idea they sited many reasons from corrupt countries pouring drug money into the pot in an attempt to launder it. And poor countries not being able to compete with it. More reason were sited besides these.

As far as social SS lottery. We would benefit more if every taxpayer in addition to paying their weekly ss tax donated 5 dollars towards it every week and that money was put into a high yield fund.  

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23262 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2005, 11:48 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by grandmapat on March 11, 2005

It's no joke! I heard on one of the news channels, Fox I think, that one of the proposed bailouts for Social Security is a NATIONAL LOTTERY.  Now, if they would let China play via the net we could also solve the balance of trade in one package deal.  Just the fact that some lawmaker has injected the idea says that some day we will have a national lottery.  Probably need one very soon if that nation debt keeps on going and going!

I see this is your first post - Welcome!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
          Chicago,IL.
          United States
          Member #2902
          November 29, 2003
          1426 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2005, 11:54 am - IP Logged

grandmapat, Welcome to L.P.. It's nice to add another  Chicago player to the mix.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"