Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Harnessing the Power of Appreciation

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
konane's avatar - wallace
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #1265
March 13, 2003
3333 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2005, 9:32 pm - IP Logged
 "Harnessing the Power of Appreciation

By Noelle C. Nelson, Ph.D.

We tend to think of appreciation as a'nice' thing you're supposed to do. Rarely do we think of appreciation as what it really is a phenomenally powerful energy, which can be harnessed, willfully and proactively, to bring about joyous outcomes in every area of life, from the sublime ' attracting love in your life' to the everyday losing those extra pounds.  The energy of appreciation is grounded in science, for it is science that teaches us that all things are first and foremost energy, and that energy, in the form of frequency of vibration, interacts freely and fully with all other energies. The art is in knowing how to work with those vibrations.

Enter appreciation. Appreciation's frequency of vibration is a peculiar combination of valuing and gratitude. That's what gives it such power. Valuing is the active figuring out of what something is worth to you, why and how it matters to you. Gratitude is what you feel for something that is valuable to you. Valuing engages your mind, gratitude your heart, and therein lies the magic of appreciation. For when you value something and are grateful for it, you vibrationally align your mental and emotional energy with the energy of what you seek, and since according to the laws of science, like attracts like, the end result is an experience matching that which you appreciate.

So how does this apply to your life? The following five-step approach is designed to implement the power of appreciation in a variety of areas. Here's how to use that approach to attract abundance into your life.

Step One:

Describe what you want. Get specific: I want to double my salary, or I want to have three times as many customers. You can now connect to your desire in a real way.

Step Two:

Attach a value to your desire. What does doubling your salary mean to you?  Proclaiming, I'll be rich! is not enough.

What would the value of more money be? How would it matter? How would it change your life? That extra income could pay your bills, help a parent in need or allow you to save for retirement. Your clear, focused thoughts can be felt easily, because they are based on what is valuable to you.

Step Three:

For your vibration of appreciation to be most powerful, align your thoughts and beliefs with what you want. You can't think, I love having money, bring it on! and in the next moment look at the lonely dollar in your pocket and think, One miserable dollar? What can I buy with that? These contradictory thoughts cancel each other out vibrationally.

Step Four:

Launch your vibration of appreciation with clarity, focus and intention by vigorously thinking thoughts of appreciation for the abundance you want and allowing great feelings of gratitude for the abundance coming. Stay with this powerful thinking/feeling for a few minutes and come back to it several times during your day.

Caution! You cannot attract more dollars if you don't appreciate the dollars you already have. You are aligning with a positive vibration about money. If you have only one thin dime to your name, treasure it.

Step Five:

Once you launch your vibration of appreciation for what you want, anticipate its arrival with joy and enthusiasm. Constantly look for signs of its coming into your life. Attracting abundance does not mean looking for $15,000 under your pillow. Nor does it mean your boss will suddenly announce he or she is tripling your salary.

It means your vibration of appreciation will begin to attract experiences, situations and people that align with what you want. Be alert to the unfolding of your desire, take appropriate actions to further it and consciously choose attitudes and feelings that support it.

For example, the vibration of'tripling customers' will begin to align with experiences you have: you may overhear a conversation that gives you an idea about how to attract more customers or your boss may give you a customer everyone else has found too difficult to handle.

Then 'work' your appreciation. When you hear a conversation that gives you an idea about how to attract more customers, don't just file it under 'good ideas.' Act on it.

When your boss says, Here's Mr. Smith. No one else can deal with him; it's your turn, don't think, Just my luck, another impossible-to-please customer. Instead, appreciate the opportunity: I might be able to turn old Scrooge around worth a try.

By applying these steps to whatever concerns you, whether it is transforming your love life, getting your mother-in-law to treat you with respect, improving your health, or attracting a fulfilling career, you will experience the magic-for-your-life that appreciation truly can be. "

Noelle C. Nelson, Ph.D., is the author of The Power of Appreciation: The Key to A Vibrant Life "

http://www.aquarius-atlanta.com/jan04/gratitude.shtml

Good luck to everyone!

BIRD's avatar - hiro bird.jpg
    clarkston georgia
    United States
    Member #555
    August 8, 2002
    3348 Posts
    Posted: March 17, 2005, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss

spooky soozy 888

birdshouse.ning.com

join us at birdshouse

bird 4=7

Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #1265
      March 13, 2003
      3333 Posts
      Posted: March 17, 2005, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Bird!!  We always get more of what we keep our minds on and feed energy to, so why not appreciation and gratitude as if we already have what we desire in the first place?? 

Good luck to everyone!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31355 Posts
        Posted: March 17, 2005, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

love to nibble those micey feet.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2005, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

Do you ever supplement this technique with gratitude affirmation rituals?

I'm bumping this thread because it's got a lot of potential.  I'd be interested in reading your personal experiences with the techniques in the article.

Jack

Atlanta, GA
            United States
            Member #1265
            March 13, 2003
            3333 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2005, 12:03 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Rip Snorter on March 26, 2005

Do you ever supplement this technique with gratitude affirmation rituals?

I'm bumping this thread because it's got a lot of potential.  I'd be interested in reading your personal experiences with the techniques in the article.

Jack

Based on the principle that there has to be an equal exchange of energy, when you're desiring something you first have to put out the energy of thankfulness for having received whatever you desire to manifest, out into the universe before you can receive it back to you in its highest form.

Affirmation rituals??????  Perhaps you could call it that because you have to have a mindset of having already achieved the goal in concrete form and are giving thanks to the powers that be for having granted your desire.  A simple thank you doesn't seem quite appropriate for such a wonderful gift from the universe, so many thanks and expressions of gratitude seem more appropriate over a period of time ~ all framed as if what you wanted had already in fact happened in real time.

I call the above exercise jokingly "three days of delirium" in which privately you mentally pretend that you've already achieved what you intend to create, you experience all the emotions involved in that occurrence including total joy which is quite magnetic and powerful.  During that time the affirmations are that you are giving thanks for already having in past tense.... which requires setting your logical mind aside.  Some people term at least portions of this as "claiming." 

However, setting your logical mind aside is vital to creating anything because it's only too happy to tell you that you can't.  Also sharing what you're doing with others at the time you're attempting it accomplishes the same purpose through their logical selves telling you that you can't ... because can't creates a well paved road of failure we've been taught to believe is concrete reality. 

These suggestions help create a probability of another reality which we're directly responsible for the content and outcome by the amount of quality time and energy we put into creating it.  Wear it out until you're completely tired of it, let it go and forget about it completely so it can manifest in your life.

Disclaimer:  I am in no way suggesting taking irrational action or engaging in unlawful activity while doing any of the above.  Above suggestions equates to an adult version of the pretend we once engaged in as children where we created whatever scenario, whatever parallel universe that became real in our minds, all of which is far more powerful when done in a meditative state we lived in most of the time as children.

BTW, I don't believe you can thank the universe too much for anything your heart desires and you're able to achieve.  Also in any form of manifesting, don't expect things to drop from the sky or materialize before your eyes as Hollywood portrays it.  You're creating synchronisities that you have to be aware enough to tune into, and also motivated enough to follow through with the necessary work accomplish your goal.   

Good luck to everyone!

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2005, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Makes sense.

It's not the way I do my gratitude rituals, but my purpose is to affirm my own gratitude, remember it as much of the day as I can remember to do it, as opposed to manifesting desires.  I tend to use creative visualization for the second part.

Jack

Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #1265
                March 13, 2003
                3333 Posts
                Posted: April 3, 2005, 5:27 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by Rip Snorter on March 27, 2005

Makes sense.

It's not the way I do my gratitude rituals, but my purpose is to affirm my own gratitude, remember it as much of the day as I can remember to do it, as opposed to manifesting desires.  I tend to use creative visualization for the second part.

Jack

What I described basically creates a parallel universe in which what you've visualized has already manifested, and with the emotion of joy and appreciation it's much easier to make that parallel universe a concrete reality.  Worked for me for a 5 out of 6 number IL Lotto win for $2400 a few years back.     

Check out this article posted last night ....  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/110560

BTW, am really happy to have you posting because you're contributing an enormous amount to our information pool!!  Thanks and please continue!!   

Good luck to everyone!

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: April 4, 2005, 12:15 am - IP Logged

Thanks kokane:

Glad to be here, mostly. 

The facets and nuances of reality are so varied it seems to me it's as much a matter of where a person directs his footsteps as is 'how' to direct them. 

The paths are all abraded, interwoven, and when you look at that tree out on  the horizon and point yourself there the intermediary ways and byways are more internal adventures than they are crucial to the goal. 

I do a lot of pendulum dowsing with intent, consulting the IChing daily, meditating, both with intent and without it, depending on how I'm feeling at any given time.  I find mantras to be a powerful tool, as well as crystal tapping.  I use Reiki, both for healing and with other intents more personal goal oriented.  I've found EFT tapping with intent to be a powerful ritual tool, as well.  I use third-eye focus, also mostly with intent, both for distance healing and for personal goals. I do the affirmations for gratitude and forgiveness, and I think I'd hesitate to try to crowd intent into the picture.  They're sacred to me as they are.

Those are a few of the major ones I use regularly, daily.  I have a number of other methods I use intermittently, as the mood strikes me.

Frankly, I find almost anything, once you go into 'that place' where the mind slips out of phase and things happen energy-wise, can be directed for use with intent, as well as for passive, inner-growth and peace.  I steal anger energy from the air, particularly when I'm in traffic, and convert it to something positive, white, usually with intent.  I try to intercept fear when I sense it around me, and do the same.  I'm religious about dedicating the energy of every sexual climax to the universe, for one intent or another, or as peaceful, passive energy, a sort of spiritual incense, candlelight offering if only one of balance.

Each of these involves training, discipline, determination beginning far into years I've already lived.  I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, thinks I, to adopt more unless I can feel something new dragging me in that direction.

Thanks for the remarks.

Jack