Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

finding Pick 6 abbrev. 5if5of32 wheel?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Canada
Member #12229
March 8, 2005
28 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2005, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Hi there.  I'm looking for an abbreviated 5if5of32 wheel (pref. in software rather than paper - although I wouldn't necessarily mind picking up Bluskov's or Howard's books if they have them, pref. not too pricey) - I see the "lottery wheels" section on the left doesn't have one, and some brief searching didn't turn one up either.  So, I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

(I realize this type of wheel will likely generate a lot of tickets, but for now I'm testing a pet theory, so I can eliminate some more combos later.)

Thanks!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: March 19, 2005, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

Since there are 201,376 combinations of 5's in 32 numbers and 6 combinations of 5's in each group of six, you are talking about at least 30,000+ combinations of 6's.  CoverMaster might be able to produce such a wheel, but it will take a while to optimize it.  Most published wheels are smaller than 1,000 combinations, so you will have to create a custom wheel.  If I was going to cover that many possible combinations, I would use a RNG that would eliminate any combinations of 4's that had come up in an earlier drawings and avoid any repeat of combinations of 4's within the group.  In the Ohio649 game 5of6 pays $1,500 and 5of6+B pays $10K so it doesn't make sense to play over 1500 combinations even if you get lucky.  Good luck.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Canada
      Member #12229
      March 8, 2005
      28 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2005, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the suggestions.

Canada
        Member #12229
        March 8, 2005
        28 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2005, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Well, you certainly weren't kidding about CoverMaster's "optimized" wheel taking a while :) I let it run overnight and into this morning, and if it continued at it's current rate, it would have taken about 15 days of continuous processing time :) My processor's a bit old, but still half-decent (Athlon XP 1700+) - I may try it again on a faster computer that I can leave on all the time...

At any rate, an unoptimized wheel didn't take that long, and generated 36544 combos, so that's a good start....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2005, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

When you are optimizing a wheel that large, you probably would be better off with an older and slower dedicated computer with good cooling that you could check once a day until it was done.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

Canada
            Member #12229
            March 8, 2005
            28 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2005, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Out of curiousity, is there an average # of combos that an optimized wheel reduces the resulting wheel by?  Or am I misunderstanding what it's optimizing exactly?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2005, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

I have optimized smaller wheels and have reduced the number of combinations by 5-10%.  With a larger wheel there should be some potential to do even better, but that is a lot of swapping and comparing and it would take quite a while.  I would think it would be a little faster to optimize the wheel as it is generated but I've never had the patience to allow my computer to be tied up that long. 

RJOh

Evil Looking       

Maine
                United States
                Member #12412
                March 13, 2005
                21 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2005, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Hi Mabman,

Do you mean you'd like a wheel for 32 numbers?  Gail Howard has a book "Wheel Five to Win"  for $19.95 U. S.  The web site to order is Smartluck.com.  There are hundreds of wheels in this book!  Good luck with your theory.

Germany
                  Member #11388
                  February 12, 2005
                  3 Posts
                  Posted: March 22, 2005, 10:18 am - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by mabman on March 19, 2005

Hi there.  I'm looking for an abbreviated 5if5of32 wheel (pref. in software rather than paper - although I wouldn't necessarily mind picking up Bluskov's or Howard's books if they have them, pref. not too pricey) - I see the "lottery wheels" section on the left doesn't have one, and some brief searching didn't turn one up either.  So, I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

(I realize this type of wheel will likely generate a lot of tickets, but for now I'm testing a pet theory, so I can eliminate some more combos later.)

Hi,

I can send you the system 5 if 5 of 32 by e-mail or I can tell you the link for my German lottoforum. There are a lot of systems for free download.

WeEf

Canada
                    Member #12229
                    March 8, 2005
                    28 Posts
                    Posted: March 22, 2005, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm certainly open to looking at other wheels (as CoverMaster has generated one for me already), so feel free to PM the link directly to me if you'd like. (I don't speak German, so hopefully the wheels are clearly labeled ;)

Thanks!

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                      USA
                      United States
                      Member #8242
                      October 29, 2004
                      1133 Posts
                      Posted: March 22, 2005, 7:29 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by Gailfan on March 21, 2005

Hi Mabman,

Do you mean you'd like a wheel for 32 numbers?  Gail Howard has a book "Wheel Five to Win"  for $19.95 U. S.  The web site to order is Smartluck.com.  There are hundreds of wheels in this book!  Good luck with your theory.

overstock.com has it for $14.42