Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ever (briefy) thought you won?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Oregon
United States
Member #11764
February 23, 2005
46 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2005, 12:50 am - IP Logged

With Powerball, I always know instantly that I didn't win the Jackpot because the website says what State it was hit in (it's almost never Oregon). But with Megabucks being an in state lottery there's always a brief moment of excitement when I rush to compare my ticket with the winning numbers.

I had a vague memory that one of my plays began with the number 6. The winning number tonight began with 6. So, with my heart racing I ran and got my ticket.

My hopes were dashed when I found out only one of the numbers matched. But for about 15 seconds, I felt that excitement (what if I won?).

Anyone else have that kind of experience?

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2005, 2:23 am - IP Logged

I wait for a week before I even check. If no one claims it in a week and it was hit in Washington then I might think something is possible. Played (and lost) the last big Megabucks run but that person claimed it within the week.

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2005, 7:19 am - IP Logged

It happens.  Past Wednesday powerball draw I had 19 numbers picked, bought 8 tickets.  When I looked up the numbers on the Internet I immediately saw I'd missed the red ball, but that the other numbers were all my numbers.  I was reasonably certain I'd have a ticket where they were all arranged to at least win a few hundred, maybe even the 100k for 5 right numbers and no red ball.

The multiplier turned out to be a deuce, so even though I picked 5 out of 6 numbers tickets were too scattered with the numbers to get me back the price of the 16 bucks for the tickets.

Did get my juices flowing for a while, however.

Jack