Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Broad vs Narrow Band Reductions

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by johnph77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1184 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2005, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

How much do you filter out? If you do to much, you filter or reduce your number right out of the game with very few payouts. If you don't reduce/filter enough, then your left with a huge amount of combinations to pick from. This is what I'm calling narrow band (alot of filtering/reduction) vs wide band (very few filters or reductions).

The trend from what I've seen is to filter/reduce the amount of combinations down to a small level then hope the actual numbers meet ALL the criteria you used. Maybe even use random picks of the combinations that are left over.

But, what about wide band? I've been toying with a couple ways to look at the vast amount of combinations and reduce them down to a very few. So far the results have been encouraging, but needs more work.

The first one goes like this:

Start the loops to run all your combinations

FOR A=1 TO 18
FOR B=2 TO 26
FOR C=8 TO 32
FOR D=14 TO 38
FOR E=22 TO 39

REM ASCENDING ORDER CONSTRAINT**********
IF A>B OR A=B THEN GOTO [SKIP]
IF B>C OR B=C THEN GOTO [SKIP]
IF C>D OR C=D THEN GOTO [SKIP]
IF D>E OR D=E THEN GOTO [SKIP]

Establish what filters/reduction methods you wish to use.

The ones that don't meet the criteria end up going to [skip] and are not counted.

The ones that do meet the criteria are counted

REM MOST OCURRING NUMBERS
REM MON(A)=MON(A)+1
REM MON(B)=MON(B)+1
REM MON(C)=MON(C)+1
REM MON(D)=MON(D)+1
REM MON(E)=MON(E)+1

[skip]

NEXT E
NEXT D
NEXT C
NEXT B
NEXT A

You then take the totals for each lotto number and turn them into a percentage. You do this because the amount of solutions will probably vary from game to game. You then take the highest pecentage lotto numbers as your picks. I'll usually compare my picked numbers to the printed combinations on the screen to make sure it's a valid combination to the criteria I've used.

The second method is very similiar. Except, I use paring.

Start the loops to run all your combinations

FOR A=1 TO 18
FOR B=2 TO 26
FOR C=8 TO 32
FOR D=14 TO 38
FOR E=22 TO 39

Establish what filters/reduction methods you wish to use.

The ones that don't meet the criteria end up going to [skip] and are not counted.

The ones that do meet the criteria are counted

REM MATCHING HITS BETWEEN FILTERED L#'S
MSETS(A,B)=MSETS(A,B)+1
MSETS(B,C)=MSETS(B,C)+1
MSETS(C,D)=MSETS(C,D)+1
MSETS(D,E)=MSETS(D,E)+1

[skip]

NEXT E
NEXT D
NEXT C
NEXT B
NEXT A

Using this method, I print out all the matches, between all the lotto numbers, on my screen and select the ones with the highest matching totals. And again, compare against the combinations that meet my criteria.

Both methods assume that after using your filter/reduction method that some numbers will appear more frequently than others. And be matched to some more frequently than others.

I'm just throwing this out for discussion and would like any thoughts you might have.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2005, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

I don't know programming so I don't know how you make the combinations, but first of all, I would make sure that there are no repeat combos like:

45 21 50 27 11 31 = 11 50 45 31 27 21 different numbers per position, but same number.

So the numbers must or should go from lowest to highest to make sure that there are no repeats, also you must make sure that only certain numbers are made per position (first filter).

You have to make a list of filter rules to go by., Many combinations are a no no and must be filtered out. I have some ideas about this, but I am already working with somebody on these things, why don't you join the group and help us with your ideas and programming skills, I don't program so I can only help with ideas, the other person programs and also has ideas.

Your stuff looks like basic, but I am not familiar with some of the commands or keywords, I only messed very very little with commodore 64 basic, but very little and long long ago.

By the way, Do you also play the pick 3 and pick 4 or only jackpot games ?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
      Member #5599
      July 13, 2004
      1184 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2005, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

Lantern,

Thanks for the offer of joining a group. However, my position at the lottery post has always been one of keeping an open forum and advancing the group and the concepts it uses. My programming skills are adequate to the task, but never directed to publishing any software.

I posted this topic because it seems almost everbody is running up against the same wall.... a ton of possibilities after applying a variety of methods. I am of the opinion, the next step in advancing is focusing in on how the filtered/reduced combinations are handled.

Hopefully, this topic is broad enough that people won't feel that they're giving away their systems by talking about it.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: March 25, 2005, 11:12 pm - IP Logged

Jking

That is exactly the problem, people can't afford to have their methods known by everybody and also by the state lotteries, on jackpot games you have to share the prices with other winners.

A private very small group on the other hand might be better.

Good ideas and computer programming should be welcome and no, the programs will not be made commercial they will stay private.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19816 Posts
          Posted: March 25, 2005, 11:14 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by LANTERN on March 25, 2005

I only messed very very little with commodore 64 basic, but very little and long long ago.

If you know C64 Basic then you can program in GWBasic which will work in the DOS Command Window if you're running Windows on your computer .  You can download a free copy of it  and a tutorial at Programmer Haven.  C64 basic had almost the same syntax as GWBasic except you had to put a space between the key words.  I started with a Vic20, then a TI99, then a C64 and then a Tandy1000 and there wasn't much difference between any of their Basic.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2005, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Rjoh

Yes, I know, you can also use bascom.zip and or other programs to compile it to exe for DOS and or windows I think Power Basic and or Turbo Basic, there is also Asic, Best Basic and other basic compilers both for DOS and for Windows.

Thank you much. I also still have all of my C-64 Books and also have GWBasic and QuickBasic tutorials.

Thank you again.

United States
              Member #5599
              July 13, 2004
              1184 Posts
              Posted: March 25, 2005, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

RJoh,

You've been around...what's the plus's and minus's of what I'm saying on this topic?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19816 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2005, 12:02 am - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by JKING on March 25, 2005

RJoh,

You've been around...what's the plus's and minus's of what I'm saying on this topic?

I do something similar but in a different way.  I use a RNG to pick my combinations and I put the limits or parameters into the RNG so there is no need to filter the output afterward.  I load the data file of previous winners and compare the new combinations with that file and the other combinations that has  already been picked before adding it to the group of combinations to play.  I can change the parameters on the fly if the RNG has picked all the combinations possible with in those limits or parameters and gets stuck in a loop.  This is a lot faster than wheeling a big group of numbers and going back later to eliminate most of them.  Since I haven't won a jackpot yet, I keep an open mind.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5114 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2005, 1:12 am - IP Logged

LETS GET SERIOUS:

ONLY............mystical posters know whats goings ....ON ,,,,,,,,,,,,ON.............THIS.............................THREADDDDD

Lets try.....ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyASTRAL....PROJECTION!

NOT...........OB.............................................EXPPPPPPPP!

MONEY..........MO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PSYKOMO

johnph77's avatar - avatar
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #2987
                    December 10, 2003
                    832 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2005, 5:21 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by JKING on March 25, 2005

FOR A=1 TO 18
                    FOR B=2 TO 26
                    FOR C=8 TO 32
                    FOR D=14 TO 38
                    FOR E=22 TO 39

JKING -

Shorten computer run time by using:

FOR A=1 TO 18
                    FOR B=A+1 TO 26
                    FOR C=B+6 TO 32
                    FOR D=C+6 TO 38
                    FOR E=D+8 TO 39

You'll eliminate the need to skip.

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=