Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

After Seeing "Jackpot!"

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

After seeing "Jackpot!", do you think you'd go all out if you won big?

Yes. [ 5 ]  [16.13%]
No. [ 16 ]  [51.61%]
Depends on the amount I win. [ 10 ]  [32.26%]
Total Valid Votes [ 31 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2005, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

There was, more than once, a "Jackpot!" game show.

Oregon
    United States
    Member #11764
    February 23, 2005
    46 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2005, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

If I won a major jackpot like like the $86,000,000 Mega Millions grand prize, I'd probably set aside about 2 million dollars that I would spend on major things like a new house and things to furnish the house and a new car. Then I'd set aside 1 million to spend as frivolously as I possibly can just to get the spending spree urge out of my system (think Brewster's Millions) 

After I go through the radical "OH MY GOD I WON THE LOTTERY" phase and settle back to normal, I'd be happy to live off the interest of my investments.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
      Member #9517
      December 10, 2004
      1272 Posts
      Posted: April 3, 2005, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

If I won more than 12 million norwegian kroner(aprox $ 2 million dollar) I would be able to buy an appartment and live on the interests from the rest of the money.

The jackpots are not very high compared to USA.

I have no interest of drinking champagne every day. I would of course buy me some of the standard luxury stuff like a Rolex or Patek Philippe watch and HIFI equipment from Krell.

The relatives would also get something of course. But there still would be enough to live on the interests.

United States
        Member #1826
        July 11, 2003
        2645 Posts
        Posted: April 3, 2005, 9:03 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on April 3, 2005

There was, more than once, a "Jackpot!" game show.

Going for the Super Jackpot riddle...

(insert signature here)

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: April 23, 2005, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

jimmy:

I see you remember it too...

Baton Rouge, LA
            United States
            Member #4602
            May 7, 2004
            699 Posts
            Posted: April 23, 2005, 1:44 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by DoctorEw220 on March 28, 2005

if i were to win a mega millions or powerball jackpot, i would split it with my cousin. his mother (my aunt) has only days left to live, and he could really use the money. after that, i would buy a house (not a modest one, but one that would be nice to live in. i'd send my kids (when i have, or adopt, them) to private school. i would want them to grow up thinking independently. i'd buy a mini-van and take it to west coast customs in LA to get it "pimped out". i'd purchase top of the line video production equipment, and use some of that money to start up a production company. i would also buy a nice TV. the rest would go to living expenses. if i ever become rich, i would still teach my kids (when i become a dad) the same values that my parents taught me. i would make sure that they don't let the fact that i'd be rich get to them. i wouldn't spoil them too much, maybe buy them a TV, computer, and VCR/DVD player. no pool in the house (i can't swim). maybe a hot tub. maybe a game room (i've kinda wanted a pool table.). it would also all depend on how much i win.

I would like a nice home, but like you, I wouldn't want a pool. I grew up in a house with a pool and managed to live through most of my childhood not knowing how to swim. I just took sensible safety precautions and had no problems. Around age 11 or so, my parents started forcing me to spend time in the pool everyday wading in the shallow end and at age 13, force me to take lessons. Between the ages of 11-14, they basically crammed it down my throat, denying me all of the things I enjoyed doing and forcing me to swim daily. Even one summer, they banned from everything not swimming related, TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, and only allowed me to read books about swimming and diving. The end result of this was if I have a choice, I will not do it. Why am I telling you this? I don't run into many people who will admit to not knowing how to swim and know I could have been amongst your ranks if I had been left alone.

Even though I wouldn't want a pool, I do like Jacuzzis and would definitely have one in my new home. I would also have a room for my computers and my ham radio. I'd probably build the ham station I've always dreamed of with top of the line equipment and a great antenna system. I'd also have a nice media room with a good TV, DVD, stereo, etc.   Not into video games, so I probably wouldn't have one of those.

The rest of the money I'd invest, put in savings, etc. so I wouldn't have to work for the rest of my life, and could pursue my interests full time. That would be a good life.

PrisonerSix

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: April 26, 2005, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

LA-Los Angeles or Louisiana?

New York, NY
                United States
                Member #13514
                April 7, 2005
                235 Posts
                Posted: April 26, 2005, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I pretty much have an idea of what I would like to do, but I would really want to be careful so I don't end up totally broke like some past winners have become!!!

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2005, 5:15 pm - IP Logged

Has Jack Whittaker squandered all his winnings yet?

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                    Yinzer Country, PA
                    United States
                    Member #4067
                    March 18, 2004
                    2741 Posts
                    Posted: April 26, 2005, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

he's getting there.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: April 27, 2005, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

That would be a shame.