Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:12 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Probability Question

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 12 years ago by johnph77.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Lakewood
United States
Member #7327
September 30, 2004
92 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2005, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

here is my advice

do what the lottery is doing, dont try to outsmart it, dont try to out think yourself

play your gut

Play a number that wont leave you alone it keeps naggin at ya night and day.

you hear it knockin but something is telling you ,"no way" and so you pass over it again and again and again and again

that's the number

well it is if your me.

I always think like this..

I try to picture myself after the drawing, I have now seen the winning numbers and I hear myself saying

Man i knew that number was coming up!

I was reminded of it several times and i thought about playing it yesterday and man what is wrong with me why didnt i play it?

And if i did play it i try to hear myself saying

Man why didnt i play those two numbers together

Maybe I was just talking to someone how 40 and 41 might come up together in Lotto and then it does and i dont play it together but i have each all over several different tickets, but not together.

Better get it right

thats my advice

If you need to Calm down try this exercise

say this 3 times over slowly

CALM DOWN

CALM DOWN

CALM DOWN

What number is in your head?

right now?

play it!

johnph77's avatar - avatar
    CA
    United States
    Member #2987
    December 10, 2003
    832 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2005, 12:52 am - IP Logged

Fenris -

The chances of a 9 appearing in any particular draw, whether it has appeared in the immediate previous draw or not, is still 271::1,000.

Your math for a 9 not appearing in consecutive draws is correct. And the way you would determine the odds of a 9 not appearing in x number of consecutive draws is to take the chances of a 9 not appearing - 729::1,000, or 0.729 - and determining its result by using your consecutive draw number as an exponent in the same manner you did before - say (0.729^x).

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Ontario
      Canada
      Member #4249
      April 5, 2004
      13 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2005, 8:25 am - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by johnph77 on April 1, 2005

Fenris -

The chances of a 9 appearing in any particular draw, whether it has appeared in the immediate previous draw or not, is still 271::1,000.

Your math for a 9 not appearing in consecutive draws is correct. And the way you would determine the odds of a 9 not appearing in x number of consecutive draws is to take the chances of a 9 not appearing - 729::1,000, or 0.729 - and determining its result by using your consecutive draw number as an exponent in the same manner you did before - say (0.729^x).

gl

j

Thanks John! I always had a bit of trouble with probabilities. Would you know of any good books that focus on probabilities? I have a few general statistics books, but they have very small probablity sections in them.
        johnph77's avatar - avatar
        CA
        United States
        Member #2987
        December 10, 2003
        832 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2005, 1:05 am - IP Logged

Fenris -

Not offhand, and I'm on the road right now. I'll do some research and get back to you when I return next week.

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=