Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 3:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much do you make in pick 3 & 4?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 12 years ago by fast eddie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #8899
November 21, 2004
428 Posts
Posted: March 30, 2005, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

I know that pick 3 and pick 4 are the most popular lottery games played.  I was just wondering generally how much do you make(profit) in a given period of time?

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
    Chicago,IL.
    United States
    Member #2902
    November 29, 2003
    1436 Posts
    Posted: March 30, 2005, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Profit, what's profit?

Hit a dollar straight in pick four and I can play off the five grand for a year. Hit a pick three straight and I might be up a few bucks at the end of the month.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8797 Posts
      Posted: March 30, 2005, 6:23 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by fast eddie on March 30, 2005

Profit, what's profit?

Hit a dollar straight in pick four and I can play off the five grand for a year. Hit a pick three straight and I might be up a few bucks at the end of the month.

Oo'Ka

Pick 3 Fairy's avatar - faery
        Texas
        United States
        Member #44
        November 15, 2001
        3839 Posts
        Posted: March 30, 2005, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

nada, zilch,zero but that's cause I play in Texas

The Fairy

MollyG's avatar - happy
          TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
          United States
          Member #9019
          November 25, 2004
          523 Posts
          Posted: March 30, 2005, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

I would venture to say that very few people actually show a profit off Pick3.  There may be SOME, but not very many.

I started last year, keeping a record of my purchases and wins...NO profit, not even close.  I continued with it this year.......nothing.  When you can see, in black/white, how you are doing, it makes a difference in how much you spend.  I know there are those who will say "you have to spend money to make money"....but, I have cut back A LOT.  If I am going to "spend-to-make" it will be in a different line of business.,,lol

Others ought to keep a record of their expenses vs. wins and see how they "profit".  I just made a spreadsheet and list my ticket amount for each day....it's really easy to do.

HERE'S HOPING EACH OF US SHOWS A PROFIT IN 2005!

Pick 3 Fairy's avatar - faery
            Texas
            United States
            Member #44
            November 15, 2001
            3839 Posts
            Posted: March 30, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Well, MollyG, I tried keeping a record and a big old OUCHY.  I just be stupid cause it hurts to see it on paper.  Buttttttttttt, I have cut back considerably and I agree, there is not much profit in playing Pick 3

The Fairy

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
              Chicago,IL.
              United States
              Member #2902
              November 29, 2003
              1436 Posts
              Posted: March 30, 2005, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Molly, I keep a record of all my lottery play and separate the amount I spent on all games. It sure does open your eyes. I'm like I just hit a straight for $290.00 that's awesome, actually is was for $32.00.  when you subtract the month's losses. Pick three is the worst game beacuse most people think they can beat it. No other lottery game gives you such a taste of winning. Pick four st's/bx's are hard to hit and jackpot games odds are crazy but in pick three you can hit more (straights especially) so it draws you in. I bet in your head you have a 1,000 near misses that you remember. It's like if your playing slots and you get three sevens right below the payline or get a few small wins, it lures you in. Pick three seems beatable but it's not and it will leave your wallet empty. So play with caution.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"