Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick Three, why you like it & dislike it

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 12 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
Chicago,IL.
United States
Member #2902
November 29, 2003
1424 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2005, 11:44 am - IP Logged

I was looking to get people's opinions on why they like and/or dislike Pick Three. First let me start by saying I do play pick three. What I don't like it about it is the fact that you feel like you can beat the game, or atleast I do. An I don't mean all the time I just mean hitting a straight is not impossible and a box win is fairly easy. As where with Pick Four and jackpot games I have little expectations even though I do research. But Pick Three really draws you in beacause you get a taste of winning on a more frequent basis. Slot machines do a similar thing by giving you smaller jackpots frequently which intices you to keep playing and losing more money. An some consider people who play slots to be suckers. So what about Pick Three? A sucker's game? I would think Pick Three is the leading money maker for most states lottery coffers also Pick Three most active forum here at L.P. so this is definitely a lot of interest in this game and was wondering what people's thoughts were on it. Thanks. fast eddie

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8359 Posts
    Posted: April 1, 2005, 11:56 am - IP Logged

actually the money maker for all states is scratch offs.

I like pick 3 because if you are lucky enought to find the winning number and play it for 5/10/20 bucks individual tickets that you can forgo the tax issue. i think it's harder to win pick 3 because you have seven numbers to choose from after the last draw if you de select those numbers that hit. wherein as you only have six numbers to choose from in pick 4 that haven't hit in the last draw. pick 4 has the better payout for sure but has a tax issue. 

Chicago,IL.
      United States
      Member #2902
      November 29, 2003
      1424 Posts
      Posted: April 1, 2005, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Really? Scratch offs offer the worst odds. Truely a sucker's game.

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8790 Posts
        Posted: April 1, 2005, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I really like pick 4 however I play pick 3 the most.

WHATT

onenumber's avatar - swordgirl
          Chicago, IL
          United States
          Member #8354
          November 2, 2004
          1580 Posts
          Posted: April 1, 2005, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

FastEddie,

I like playing pick three.  I do a lot of studying and research and have some success.  I like playing doubles (I know you hate doubles) because you spend less and you could win more if you combo the numbers.  The one thing I hate about the pick three is spending time studying numbers and then they will repeat a number.  That burns me up because I have just wasted my money and time. 

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
            Florence, Alabama
            United States
            Member #8658
            November 13, 2004
            1993 Posts
            Posted: April 1, 2005, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm like you onenumber, I like playing doubles. I usually look at the year and play the doubles that have been out the most and pick out one and put more money on it. If it comes out I'll rotate to another number on my list. I also play the pick 4 but most my money goes to pick 3. The tax issue also helps kep me with pick 3. I've done workouts on pick 4 and had winners but never played them. I only play 3 numbers on pick 4 and in the past 10 years of me playing pick 4, I've only hit the pick 4 straight once.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
              Florence, Alabama
              United States
              Member #8658
              November 13, 2004
              1993 Posts
              Posted: April 1, 2005, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

I figure I have a better chance of winning pick 3 by playing doubles that regularly come out since doubles appear to come out around 18 times a month between both midday and evening draw.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8359 Posts
                Posted: April 1, 2005, 2:33 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by fast eddie on April 1, 2005

Really? Scratch offs offer the worst odds. Truely a sucker's game.

almost every states lottery reports big revenue from scratchers. The main reason for this is there easy to get you don't have to stand in long lines many states have machines. The average joe dosent spend money on pick 3/4 games. Only die hard lottery players play pick3/4 games on a regular basis.

people that play scrachers or mainly interested in one thing. ..... buying the top teir ticket. or wining the money they spent back.

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
                  Norfolk , Va
                  United States
                  Member #4541
                  May 2, 2004
                  25088 Posts
                  Posted: April 1, 2005, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

Fast Eddie , I like playing the pick 3 lottery simply because I have 2 chances a day to get a win .  Also , the tax issue as Four4me mentioned. I can win 599 without worrying about the tax man standing there with his or her hand out. In pick 3 you have a chance , in pick 6 you have a snowball chance in hell in getting even a small win. I have used winnings to buy tires for my car , pay a bill or two or just go out to a nice place to eat once in a while. Can't say I have won all the time, there's plenty of losses but the losses are a couple of dollars here and there the wins are a couple of hundred here and there. I dont keep track so I cant say this vs that but it sure feels good when there is a win. I haven't got very far with pick 4 which I have dabbled with once in a while and when I am able to master pick 3 I will move on to pick 4 with my winnings from pick 3. I suppose everyone will have their favorite games but I don't think pick 3 is a suckers game unless your one of those I see in line buying 40 any order tickets for 50 cents each with all different numbers. I've seen it plenty down here.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: April 1, 2005, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

I like to play pick 3 a lot.    If I win ......sometimes I can trade the money for sex from my wife ....and that gets pretty expensive at times. Staights are what I concentrate on now a days..... because a crummy Box hit just doesn't mean the same thing that it use to mean to me.  So....when you hear me say ......."I just got lucky" ......I really mean that ! Really

I owe the Pick 3 a lot!  So do my kids "Skip","Trip", and our youngest...named  little "digit". 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #4313
                      April 11, 2004
                      2389 Posts
                      Posted: April 1, 2005, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Fast Eddie...I'm like a horse player. I get a thrill out of picking the winning number. I just enjoy playing Pick 3. Playing the numbers have been in my family ever since I was a little girl. It's a way of life. My cousin have hit for 20 bucks straight on 124, and my greatest hit was for 5 bucks straight on 308. I consider the numbers my hobby. I just love to figure out what's going to fall.

Gentlespirit
                      'Be Loving and Peaceful'Blue Angel

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31337 Posts
                        Posted: April 1, 2005, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

love the pick 3.have enough hits to keep me happy.  keeps me sharp.  fine hobby.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Chicago,IL.
                          United States
                          Member #2902
                          November 29, 2003
                          1424 Posts
                          Posted: April 1, 2005, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the input guys.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                            Beautiful Florida
                            United States
                            Member #5709
                            July 18, 2004
                            20106 Posts
                            Posted: April 1, 2005, 7:08 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by WIN D on April 1, 2005

I like to play pick 3 a lot.    If I win ......sometimes I can trade the money for sex from my wife ....and that gets pretty expensive at times. Staights are what I concentrate on now a days..... because a crummy Box hit just doesn't mean the same thing that it use to mean to me.  So....when you hear me say ......."I just got lucky" ......I really mean that ! Really

I owe the Pick 3 a lot!  So do my kids "Skip","Trip", and our youngest...named  little "digit". 

good explanation win_d                                                                                         

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                              Member #5344
                              June 30, 2004
                              23641 Posts
                              Posted: April 1, 2005, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

I like manipulating numbers and working out the strategies.. It tickles me pink to see the digits I play fall.  The money is great too..

One thing that has enlightened me the most is that my hubby was totally against the number game.. He says the money is with his ballgames.. Well he does well there.. but here lately he hasn't been able to keep up with me..

I have set a limit on the time I spend on picking numbers.. He is all the time asking.. Why aren't you doing your number thing..  He wants me to play his account.. lol

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44