Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LuvToWin616 STRAIGHT trips in PA

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CalifDude.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Poway CA (San Diego County)
United States
Member #3489
January 25, 2004
14120 Posts
Posted: April 1, 2005, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

LuvToWin616PennsylvaniaDaily NumberStraight Triple$500
    Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: April 2, 2005, 9:17 am - IP Logged

Is there such a thing as a boxed triple?  THey're all straight aren't they?

Who would try and play a triple as a box?

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
      Member #3489
      January 25, 2004
      14120 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2005, 12:18 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by Badger on April 2, 2005

That's the way it is listed on this site.  You might ask Todd about it.  When I play online, if I'm doing a lot of numbers at one time, I just play box.  It there is a triple in the group of numbers and I win, it pays like a straight anyway.  We often talk about 3-way numbers (numbers that have doubles), 6-way numbers (no doubles), and triples are 1-way numbers, although we usually don't call them that.

LuvToWin616's avatar - happy
        Canton, Michigan
        United States
        Member #12088
        March 4, 2005
        1165 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2005, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Party Time

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
          Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2005, 12:06 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by CalifDude on April 2, 2005

That's the way it is listed on this site.  You might ask Todd about it.  When I play online, if I'm doing a lot of numbers at one time, I just play box.  It there is a triple in the group of numbers and I win, it pays like a straight anyway.  We often talk about 3-way numbers (numbers that have doubles), 6-way numbers (no doubles), and triples are 1-way numbers, although we usually don't call them that.

Hmmm...That's interesting that online companies would pay a trip at the same odds as a straight even though you would play it boxed. Makes no sense to me. May be something they (the online companies) haven't realized they are shorting themselves on. Like that one company (sounds like "rimes") that doesn't have the CT Mid day available, but has the Iowa games available...which means they don't understand that all Iowa does is use the Illinois P3 draws as theirs. So anyone playing Iowa and Illinois could just as easily double-up their wagers on Illinois; since that's where the drawings come from.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
            Member #3489
            January 25, 2004
            14120 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2005, 1:00 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Badger on April 3, 2005

Quote: Originally posted by CalifDude on April 2, 2005

Hmmm...That's interesting that online companies would pay a trip at the same odds as a straight even though you would play it boxed. Makes no sense to me. May be something they (the online companies) haven't realized they are shorting themselves on. Like that one company (sounds like "rimes") that doesn't have the CT Mid day available, but has the Iowa games available...which means they don't understand that all Iowa does is use the Illinois P3 draws as theirs. So anyone playing Iowa and Illinois could just as easily double-up their wagers on Illinois; since that's where the drawings come from.

The online service you are talking about pays according to the odds when you play a box.  Here is what they pay for a BOX:

Unique Digits

3 Pick Payout

4 Pick Payout

900 to 1

9,000 to 1

300 to 1

2,250 to 1

150 to 1

750 to 1

NA

375 to 1

Notice that for a BOX they pay according to how many unique digits are in the winning number.  This, in fact, makes a LOT of sense.  So, for a BOX that has ONE unique digit (a triple) they pay 900:1 (same as if you played it straight).