Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Make copies if you play online!!

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Badger.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: April 4, 2005, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

This makes 4 times I have had reports of short payoffs at the Quarter store.  

Please Make copies folks ! They should not be making these mistakes. They check by hand ....they say to err is human. Funny ...I have yet to hear those humans over paying

Next time you talk to their customer service....tell them you heard on your forum that they stiffed a customer on a triples payoff !  Let them know we talk to each other....and we are watching together. 

They had to pay off...because there was a copy...this time!!!!

If you play in advance....make sure your plays go forward too.

Just ask customer service ....Hey we heard some stuff...what protections are in place for the players? 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
    Chicago,IL.
    United States
    Member #2902
    November 29, 2003
    1427 Posts
    Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Win D, I stopped playing on-line because the fear of not getting paid. Let's say you were lucky enough to hit for 100 grand and they decided not to pay you, what recourse would you have?  Except that you could trash them to other players the play at the same site or hop a plane to Costa Rica and crack some skulls.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

Poway CA (San Diego County)
      United States
      Member #3489
      January 25, 2004
      14120 Posts
      Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Good advice, Win d.  I haven't had a problem, but I do copy them.  The way I do it is to "review tickets" then on IE go to "File" then "save as".  I then save the "web page only" and give it a name.  I normally use 5xxxxx-0404.html.

United States
        Member #3489
        January 25, 2004
        14120 Posts
        Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:07 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by fast eddie on April 4, 2005

Win D, I stopped playing on-line because the fear of not getting paid. Let's say you were lucky enough to hit for 100 grand and they decided not to pay you, what recourse would you have?  Except that you could trash them to other players the play at the same site or hop a plane to Costa Rica and crack some skulls.

Playing Pick 3 and Pick 4 you probably would not win "100 grand"!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23277 Posts
          Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

I have been doing some nosing around, and may have a better alternative for everyone in a month or two.  We'll see, stay tuned.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
            Member #3489
            January 25, 2004
            14120 Posts
            Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:12 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Todd on April 4, 2005

I have been doing some nosing around, and may have a better alternative for everyone in a month or two.  We'll see, stay tuned.

Thank you, Todd.

North Carolina
              United States
              Member #4313
              April 11, 2004
              2389 Posts
              Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Thanks fellas...I always print my bets. That's my proof of purchase just in case I do have to lose my gentle spirit and crack heads!!! However, if I ever hear of them not paying off a sizeable bet, or too many small bets..I'm finished with them.

And if NC gets a lottery soon, I'm finished with them anyway. At least my betting money will be helping my state.

Gentlespirit
              'Be Loving and Peaceful'Blue Angel

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1303
                March 27, 2003
                1508 Posts
                Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:30 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by CalifDude on April 4, 2005

Good advice, Win d.  I haven't had a problem, but I do copy them.  The way I do it is to "review tickets" then on IE go to "File" then "save as".  I then save the "web page only" and give it a name.  I normally use 5xxxxx-0404.html.

Yes, this is what I do in general. And yesterday I hit 2 straights and when I checked, they had listed them as losers. Now...to their credit when I called their customer service, I got pronto attention and they corrected it and credited my account within 5 minutes. But I did have the ticket numbers to give them because I saved my plays.  But yes.....the advice to anyone playing online is SAVE A COPY OF YOUR PLAYS EACH AND EVERY DAY.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #1303
                  March 27, 2003
                  1508 Posts
                  Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:38 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by Gentlespirit on April 4, 2005

Thanks fellas...I always print my bets. That's my proof of purchase just in case I do have to lose my gentle spirit and crack heads!!! However, if I ever hear of them not paying off a sizeable bet, or too many small bets..I'm finished with them.

And if NC gets a lottery soon, I'm finished with them anyway. At least my betting money will be helping my state.

Well we have a lottery in my state, but I stopped playing it because the payout structure is such that you can't make a profit. That is why I went to online play. It's a "gamble" but that is what this all is anyway. Buying tickets instate for the local lottery costs twice as much minimum bet and produces about half the payout odds. I did that dance for too long. To me, this isn't about giving money to my state. (I do more than enough of that in taxes) It's about making a profit. By playing online, I have been able to do that for the last six months. So if NC ever gets a Pick 3/4 I hope the payout structure isn't like here locally ; 80 to 1 for a box and 100 to 1 for a straight. If so, you may find it very hard to make a profit. I think Payout structure and money management is just as important as picking winning combos. You can have a lot of winning tickets and find yourself in the hole overall quite easily if the payout structure isn't good enough. Just my 2 cents worth FWIW.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Chicago,IL.
                    United States
                    Member #2902
                    November 29, 2003
                    1427 Posts
                    Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

12  bucks straight on pick four. A dollar straight pays 9,000 x 12= $108,000. Now I want my money? So CD are you saying it's o.k. to play on-line but don't wager too much because you might not get paid? Winning 100 bucks or 100 grand. You got to get paid.

LUCKYCHICK80's avatar - chick
                      NASSAU
                      Bahamas
                      Member #10638
                      January 20, 2005
                      1368 Posts
                      Posted: April 4, 2005, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

lol!!

Chicago,IL.
                        United States
                        Member #2902
                        November 29, 2003
                        1427 Posts
                        Posted: April 4, 2005, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

When you bet with a bookie, unless he goes to jail right when your going to collect on a  bet (which can happen) your going to get paid. An when you bet on credit and don't pay up, your legs might get broken (actually they usually just beat you up because with broken legs you can't work, which means you can pay them) not that I know about that,  I always pay up. lol. It's a mutual agreement among freinds.  

United States
                          Member #3489
                          January 25, 2004
                          14120 Posts
                          Posted: April 4, 2005, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

12  bucks straight on pick four. A dollar straight pays 9,000 x 12= $108,000. Now I want my money? So CD are you saying it's o.k. to play on-line but don't wager too much because you might not get paid? Winning 100 bucks or 100 grand. You got to get paid.

I'm going to stop making comments in the forums.  I didn't say don't wager on line, etc., etc.  I didn't think that anyone could win 100 grand playing Pick 3 or Pick 4 on line.  You have proved me wrong and it seems that people either don't understand me or read between the lines on my posts.  So, no more.  I will probably continue to post on the Prediction Page but I'm tired of people putting words into my mouth or misunderstanding me.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: April 4, 2005, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Check your plays as soon as make them with "the quarter store"..

Make copies.. either like CD suggested or by printing them..

I have had to call them to credit my account...

They do pay out..

They charge a fee if paying out more than once a month.. I guess they are hoping you will lose it before you cash out..

They have taken my "quarters " before and not post my bets.. I have had to call them about that.

I was about to quit playing the "quarter store" altogether after that..

But since the strategy is working so well and hubby has an interest.. I play ...

He likes the money too much..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Chicago,IL.
                              United States
                              Member #2902
                              November 29, 2003
                              1427 Posts
                              Posted: April 4, 2005, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

CD, You sound like me after you posted that poll " How many questions will fast eddie ask?'' I'm sorry, I was just busting your chops. Please continue to post, I can't run a pick contest without my right hand man.