Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to Steal a Billion Dollars...

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia City, Indiana
United States
Member #2978
December 9, 2003
381 Posts
Posted: April 6, 2005, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

The Hoosier Lottery Issue Is Now Dead.

To all Members of LotteryPost.com:

The Hoosier Lottery cannot be stopped. LosingJeff and I recently learned that lottery reform sponsor Representative Robert Alderman has announced he will give up his seat after sdventeen years. No reason was given, but the move coincides with the election of our new governor.

In addition, the Hoosier Lottery is rapidly filling positions with people who are quitting the Marion County Prosecutor's Office, which is the body charged with investigating the Hoosier Lottery frauds. What do you suppose they'll find?

To all those who pitched in to help, especially LOTTOMIKE, Pick-4_Master and Mark, many thanks for your diligent efforts. 

Special thanks to Todd, without whose help we wouldn't have gotten as far as we did.

To those of you who chose to sit on the sidelines and watch, I hope you'll remember this when the same thing happens in your state. With the death of Indiana's lottery reform bill, RNG's will soon become standard.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

SirMetro's avatar - center
    East of Atlanta
    United States
    Member #6191
    August 11, 2004
    1389 Posts
    Posted: April 6, 2005, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Just my personal and not so humble opinion, but I think here in GA, they know if they mess with the system we might get just too rambunctious with them. We still believe in hanging thieves in the South and we don't hesistate to let em know.

Sir Metro

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23274 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2005, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Jim,

It's really sad that things have gotten so bad in Indiana.  I can only imagine all the shifty moves happening behind the scenes.  I hope Indiana residents remember this when they go to the polls.  I wonder how it got so bad.  I thought NJ was supposed to be the state with all the government funny-business.  Guess not. 

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ineed9million's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg
        Philadelphia, PA
        United States
        Member #11436
        February 13, 2005
        176 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2005, 4:59 pm - IP Logged

jim695, i really feel sorry for you and all the other lottery players in Indiana.  Hopefully, things will change someday. 

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
          Greenfield
          United States
          Member #3587
          February 2, 2004
          557 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2005, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Jim is right. They are unstoppable now. Would someone please check the past weeks midday pic 4 payouts and put them on here.  I would ask anyone to check the past weeks payouts and give us a report on here. As you will see, the payouts are so low it is literally funny. I am bankrupt now so I can thank the Lottery for that. Fun is so good! Since I retired from the Corps I just cant believe how bad the integrity issue is in the civilian world. I am so depressed that this kind of crap exists here. Oh well, please, someone volunteer to give us a report on the past weeks midday pic 4 games. That way I can make sure I am not just seeing things. Who knows, maybe I will get on the Hoosier Millionaire show and they will say " Hi Losing Jeff this is your 3rd time on the show" HAHA.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
            Yinzer Country, PA
            United States
            Member #4067
            March 18, 2004
            2741 Posts
            Posted: April 6, 2005, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

wow. 3rd time on the show? did you come up big?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Greenfield
              United States
              Member #3587
              February 2, 2004
              557 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2005, 8:07 am - IP Logged

That was a joke! The odds are 1 in half a million of getting on that show, yet they always have return players. Amazing isnt it. Just a matter of time before everyone loses their money. Its a no win situation. Go figure, I had 115 dollar water bill, my house payment went up 50 per month last year cause they buily a school. Now they say that may not be enough so they want to raise taxes another 84% (100+) dollars a month. There are 4 sale signs everywhere. The roads are awful/ Theywant to fund a new sports stadium with tax money even though we lead the nation in Bankruptcy. I have 1 question? Where is all the money going?

Greenfield
                United States
                Member #3587
                February 2, 2004
                557 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2005, 8:08 am - IP Logged

The problem with the lottery is simple. You are gonna have problems when you have an agency that goes unaudited for 16 years. The accountablility here is a joke!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

jim695 and losingjeff i hate to see this,DON'T GIVE UP! just when you think things can't be changed something will happen and there will be a ray of light.they will slip up give it time....

Columbia City, Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #2978
                    December 9, 2003
                    381 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2005, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

LOTTOMIKE:

Again, we appreciate your support, but it's not a matter of giving up; we've exhausted all of our resources.

The press will no longer give us an audience.

Our legislators stopped speaking to us after they were satisfied we had no knowledge of the scratch-off ticket scandal (before it went public).

People who work for the police agency (Marion County Prosecutor's office) charged with the investigation are quitting and going to work for the Hoosier Lottery.

Lottery revenues are being shoveled into the Policemen's, Firemen's and Teachers' pension funds, so what can we expect the State Police to find during an investigation which will affect their own pensions?

Representative Alderman feigned indignation and promised to force the Hoosier Lottery to return to an honest game. That bill died in committee when the Democrats staged a walkout, with the express purpose, in my opinion, of defeating lottery reform in Indiana. Other bills which died as a result of the walkout are being resurrected by other means, but not the one that would fix the lottery.

Alderman suddenly announced he is quitting with no explanation. Is it just a coincidence that he served on the Indiana Gaming Commission as well? With the departure of Governor Joe Kernan and his band of thieves, maybe Alderman is no longer getting his share of the loot from our crooked state lottery, and has decided to retire to Bermuda.

We've been to see the FBI, the SEC, the Marion County Grand Jury, countless reporters, 60 Minutes, 48 Hours and other TV news magazines, local news directors, legislators, attorneys general, private-practice attorneys and Hoosier Lottery officials. LosingJeff even contacted Ralph Nader's consumer advocacy group.

No luck.

Law enforcement officials don't want to look into it too deeply because, as near as I can tell, they're terrified of what they might find. Our lawmakers don't want anything done because they perceive a non-existent loss of revenue for the state when the lottery is shut down and retooled (the state actually benefits very little from our lottery; most of the money raised goes directly to those pension funds, to "shore them up"). We can't get an attorney to sue in civil court (we've contacted four) because they're afraid the legislators and police will make it very difficult for them to make a living. Our own Attorney General told us that, if any wrongdoing were proven, his office would be defending the crooked lottery officials. 

We fought as hard as any two people could. When we first decided to make a stand, I truly believed we would prevail, since we we had the truth and indisputable evidence on our side. Sadly, even at that time, if I had to make a wager, I would have had to bet against LosingJeff and I. Two people allied against an entire army is something more than a longshot, so we were probably beaten before the first salvo was fired. We needed more people on our side.

I blame the people of Indiana. If they weren't so blatantly obtuse, they would have listened to the alarm we raised. They chose to ignore it, so now, unwittingly, they'll be paying for that mistake for many years to come, as I seriously doubt the Hoosier lottery will develop a conscience anytime soon.

Ignorance is bliss, as they say, but stupidity can be a very expensive commodity, as the citizens of Indiana will dventually discover in another twenty or thirty years or so.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2005, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

i just read what you wrote above....looking at the full scope of things it seems like everybody is connected to everybody else that has a hand in this lottery business.they've got it structured where everybody is intertwined one way or another whether its the police,the attorneys or whoever and they are all guarding the secret with their life.they've built a wall around them that can't be penetrated UNLESS someone gets disgruntled and blows the whistle on the whole corrupt way its being run....i think sooner or later this will happen and when it does it will blow them right out of the water,it'll be huge,someone on the inside will be courageous enough to gather files and take this info and expose them for what they are,sooner or later they will slip up,if you guys lived near ohio and illinois you could play their lotteries,i wouldn't put another nickel in the indiana lottery coffers....the fight is not over yet,give them time they'll cut their own throats sooner or later