Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Letter from MUSL

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 12 years ago by JAG331.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: April 10, 2005, 2:06 am - IP Logged

We are doubling the Match 5 and Match 4 prizes (to $200,000 and $10,000). This way, if someone buys the Power Play and we draw a 5x, they will win $1 million. We should have a few dozen $1 million winners a year. We are also going to occasionally add a 10x to the Power Play wheel.

Oh god! That will get people adding the PowerPlay. 10X!!!

Two new games are in the mix depending if we can talk the states into them. Another big jackpot game an a fun little Pick 6 game. Only in this one, if you buy at least three plays, then you can match numbers from any of the plays; not just one line.

I wonder if this is replacing Hot Lotto? In any case, it's nice to see more states are into offering "Match 6" style games. I hope it's a just $1 (Cash4Life was a dollar, great value).

I thought Daily Millions would be a great hit. $1 million in cash to everyone who won no splitting of the jackpot but people stayed away from the game. They told us that they wanted ten people to win $1 million rather than one person winning $100 million, but they didnt mean it. Oh, well, live and learn.

But if once you fail, try, try again.

Yes, I do buy FL and CA and MM whenever I travel. About the only games I can play. Still working though.

Keep pickin' at it Chuck. I'd love to see the look on their face when the leader of the kingdom of Powerball invades the Republic of Mega Millions.

(insert signature here)

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: April 10, 2005, 2:09 am - IP Logged

i like the idea of adding a 10 to the wheel, but i'd be pissed if i were the director of a small state and had a $200,000 winner with a 10 coming up. it would just about cripple the lottery. remember that some of these lotteries only make into the millions of dollars in sales. and to think if it were to happen in the USVI. oh boy. they wouldn't be up and running for much longer.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: April 10, 2005, 2:10 am - IP Logged

how would they determine if and when to add a 10 to the wheel.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: April 10, 2005, 9:56 am - IP Logged

now i might play,the new rules and higher prize amounts are appealing......

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
          North Dakota
          United States
          Member #13397
          April 5, 2005
          1623 Posts
          Posted: April 10, 2005, 10:32 am - IP Logged

I've only powerplayed once.  If they add 10 to the wheel I may play it a lot more.  The question is how will players respond?  In my opinion when the states start selling winning Million dollar nonjackpot tickets they will start to powerplay.  Maybe mega millions will learn from this and bring in megaplier for all states.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: April 24, 2005, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

When Hot Lotto is replaced, it should be with another annuitized jackpot game.

Yinzer Country, PA
              United States
              Member #4067
              March 18, 2004
              2741 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2005, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

wow. i never would have thought you to be one to say that.

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2005, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

dr:

MUSL needs a secondary jackpot game that includes PA.

Greenwich, CT
                  United States
                  Member #4793
                  May 24, 2004
                  1822 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2005, 5:07 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on April 24, 2005

When Hot Lotto is replaced, it should be with another annuitized jackpot game.

The End is near!!!!  CO utters praise for an annuity.