Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 10:48 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Reducing filtered combinations help

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 12 years ago by time*treat.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
Member #5599
July 13, 2004
1192 Posts
Posted: April 14, 2005, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Hi,

The debate of which filters/reductions will vary from member to member. There is a wealth of methods buried in previous posts. It's just a matter of which ones appeal to you. Only one comment, as you filter out more and more combinations, it is more and more probable that the actual picks will fall outside one or more of the parameters you've chosen. Less is better. At some point, you'll have to deal with all the remaining combinations and decide a selection method.

Good luck.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19895 Posts
    Posted: April 14, 2005, 10:16 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by SHTh on April 13, 2005

I've determined the profile of my 6/49 lotto and used these unique parameters as filters to generate 90,000 combinations (6if6 if all parameters meet). Back testing and dry paper runs give good jackpot results so far.........   

Are your good results due to the number of combinations generated or their parameters .  You might want to compare those results with 90,000 randomly generated combinations to see if those combinations are unique before applying a filter.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SirMetro's avatar - center
      East of Atlanta
      United States
      Member #6191
      August 11, 2004
      1389 Posts
      Posted: April 14, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

A process I used recently on Fantasy 5 helped me reduce my list of 252 numbers down to 7. First, I decided on the group of numbers that I liked. This turned out to be 10 numbers that just looked like they was worth using. Then, I used Lottery Posts Wheel for 5 Number Games, using the 10 number selector (only have 16 or so uses left dang it). I copied and pasted the wheeled numbers into a text editor, inserted comma's where I needed em, saved the file as a TXT file and then imported the numbers directly into Excel.

Then I created the formula to look at the sum total of each line. Next, I looked at the complete past history of how many times the sum total had occurred for the last game and what the next sum to fall was. There appeared to be a usuable pattern that helped me reduce my selections down to 7 sets of numbers. Now unfortunantely, only 2 out of my 10 numbers hit which actually earned me a free quickpick fantasy 5 ticket (which gave me 2 more numbers for another free quickpick ticket).

In otherwords, once you have determined what numbers you want to play, with "PAID" access to Lottery Post, you could actually set the filter up to wheel all your numbers and provide you with only the combinations that match a sum total that you think could be next in line to hit. (Filters will not work for cheap folks like myself). I have not hit anything more then a free ticket, but keep in mind, if the numbers you select don't fall, it doesn't matter how many ways you filter it. But I do think the sums total does offer usuability.

Just my opinion and everybody knows I have been wrong more then once.

Sir Metro

SHTh's avatar - baby

United States
        Member #1959
        August 1, 2003
        42 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2005, 11:35 am - IP Logged

JKING thanks for your response.
        I generated all combinations of 6/49 and then reduced this down to 80,000 combinations, using filters such as Sum, OE, Gaps, Consecutive etc. (I did not use any economic filters). I'm happy with the filters used and the size of the passes. For instance contained within my generated 90,000 combinations was the winning Jackpot combination for Wed 13th April 2005, UK lottery. (Though the previous 2 draws I failed on 2 parameters).

Essentially why I posted is that I'm stuck on the next stage reducing these combinations down 5,000 or less. I absolutely do not want coverage for smaller prizes 3/4/5. I'm only looking for jackpot (or 5+B). I was hoping for possible suggestions or methodology.

Do I need to look at the frequency of individual numbers or pairs in my generated combinations?

SHTH.

9 years hunter, 17 weeks trapper. While the pursuits of hunting and trapping may be contiguous activities the ideology and actions involved are easily distinguishable.

SHTh's avatar - baby

United States
          Member #1959
          August 1, 2003
          42 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2005, 11:46 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on April 14, 2005

Are your good results due to the number of combinations generated or their parameters .  You might want to compare those results with 90,000 randomly generated combinations to see if those combinations are unique before applying a filter.

RJOh

Hi RJOh,

The 'good' results are due the parameters used for my filtering. I generated the 90,000 combinations by filtering all combinations of  6/49. Please Note the combinations vary slightly from draw to draw, since some of the filters change, particularly the zonal groups & filters like 'repeats last draw'.

SHTH

9 years hunter, 17 weeks trapper. While the pursuits of hunting and trapping may be contiguous activities the ideology and actions involved are easily distinguishable.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19895 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2005, 2:34 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by SHTh on April 14, 2005

The 'good' results are due the parameters used for my filtering. I generated the 90,000 combinations by filtering all combinations of  6/49.......particularly the zonal groups & filters like 'repeats last draw'. 

Since there are only 18,424 combinations of 3's in a group of 49 numbers, you must be repeating every combinations of 3's" an average of 5 times.  You might consider adding a filter that would limit the occurrence of any combination of 3's to two times of less.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

AriesMoon's avatar - ind ankh2.jpg
              Cleveland
              United States
              Member #11541
              February 17, 2005
              100 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2005, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Greetings All!

I'm certainly NOT ignoring this wonderful thread....
              just taking it ALL in...
              for a WIN!!

RipSnorterJack, you've given us a lot to consider and, no doubt, considering it we are.

There is definately a method to what some might call "our" madness to relating to these numbers.  To me, it's a way of finding one's peace in  the midst of chaos (winning numbers representing the "peace"...)

Keep it comin'!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3112 Posts
                Posted: April 15, 2005, 2:22 am - IP Logged

You're boot strapping, playing against the past rather then the future. Take those 90,000 combinations and try them against a randomly chosen 6/49 game from another state and see how many of those draws are hits.

Most draws will fail at least one filter meaning no jackpot for you.

BobP

United States
                  Member #12495
                  March 15, 2005
                  76 Posts
                  Posted: April 15, 2005, 5:49 am - IP Logged

This is an interesting idea.

I think RJOH's suggestion is an economy partial filter, which would not fit with your original idea.

BobP has a very good point here. Extending his way of thinking, I think any idea you are seeking to find here will be another filter that add to your system. The more filters you add, the higher chance that a jackpot will hit one of your filters.

I think you'v got to varify BobP's point before you go any further. Take Canada 6/49 history and see how many jackpots do you hit. The odds is 1 out of 14 million. So if you hit more than 6.4 out of thousand with your 90,000 number, you'v got something here. I do not know the standard deviation, but I guess anywhere between 4 and 9 will be within expected range.

What is an OE filter?

btw, I do not like the idea of previous draw repeat filter. For example, past 6 draws will therotically give you 36 numbers (will be a little less after removing repeats), which is more than half of 49 numbers. The chance of at least 3 number repeats is so obvious. If you think about the statistical disbribution of that, filtering out 2 number repeat is not reasonable. If consider past 12 draws, it should cover almost all numbers except for those "long overdue" numbers. Will it be a good idea to play against those overdues? I don't think so.

United States
                    Member #5599
                    July 13, 2004
                    1192 Posts
                    Posted: April 15, 2005, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Why is 5000 so important? Do you intend to gamble $5000 on one draw? If not how do you intend to pick that one winning combination out of the 5000?

SHTh's avatar - baby

United States
                      Member #1959
                      August 1, 2003
                      42 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2005, 9:07 am - IP Logged

<fx:lol> Really JKING now you wouldn't really expect me to say in open forum. Put it this way, i've never seen a poor hunter.

Seriously reduction to 5,000 or even less is only stage 2. After incorporating posters suggestion, back testing and dry runs. Stage 3 aka LAST STAGE will be further reduction but I have some ideas how to select from the 5,000 (unfortunately far to frivolous, irrelevant and risky to use on reducing the 90,000). From then on it's pure luck.

SHTH

United States
                        Member #5599
                        July 13, 2004
                        1192 Posts
                        Posted: April 16, 2005, 12:25 am - IP Logged

SHTh,

Have you considered changing the accuracy level of your filters? Personally, I like working at the 98%/99% acurracy level for most of my filters and then select just a couple other filters at a lower level of accuracy (only to get the amount of combinations down). Some people like working at 90% or 95% levels. Since errors are multiplicative when combined together, you can assess your overall filter strategy.

Just a thought.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: April 23, 2005, 12:41 am - IP Logged

there are more ways to filter than there are numbers to filter. The question is a lot like playing hangman (or Wheel of Fortune© It's kind of hard to suggest something new without knowing what's already been used.

2 questions. What language are you using? And how complex a filter are you willing to code?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                            Member #12495
                            March 15, 2005
                            76 Posts
                            Posted: April 23, 2005, 6:28 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by time*treat on April 23, 2005

there are more ways to filter than there are numbers to filter. The question is a lot like playing hangman (or Wheel of Fortune©. It's kind of hard to suggest something new without knowing what's already been used.

2 questions. What language are you using? And how complex a filter are you willing to code?

Really? Is there a place that list all the methods people used? I know there is a no link rule here, please send to my private box if you know somewhere. I am new in this game and learning.

Thank

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                              Member #13130
                              March 30, 2005
                              2171 Posts
                              Posted: April 23, 2005, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

more ways to filter than there are numbers to filter.

refers to the number of permutations possible. Given that most systems comprise at least two groups of numbers: 1) those you play & 2) those you don't play, there are more such two-group arrangements possible than there are actual numbers in the two groups. You can test it yourself using, say, 4 numbers total. nPr >> nCr. Hope this clears it up.

49C6 = __,_13,983,816 <== ~14 mill

49P6 = 10,068,347,520 <== + 10 bill

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.