Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 3:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto South matrix

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Is 6/49 (1:14m odds) for LS too small?

Yes [ 4 ]  [40.00%]
No [ 6 ]  [60.00%]
Can't guess [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 10 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: April 19, 2005, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

Take the combined populations of Georgia, Kentucky, and Virginia, and add the fast growing population of the South...

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: April 19, 2005, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

remember that there are three states taking part in this game, which is designed like a single-state lotto game. 6/49 is way too small a matrix for a multi-state game. it should be more along the lines of 6/59 or 6/69.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: April 19, 2005, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

dr:

I feel LS should be 6/52 or 6/53 without expanding; 6/54 or 6/55 with just one more state...

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
        North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2005, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

It would be good for Jackpots to rise to $30 or even $40 million with this game.  I hope more states join so that jackpots might start out at $3 million and rise about $2 or $3 million if no one wins.  Lotto South is a great game and I love to play.  I do agree KY,VA, and GA need to look at making it better.  And other states around the south such as TN SC and LA need to look at lotto south as an option.  (Really LA and SC need to look more into it than TN because there is always a chance TN will start their own state lotto game).  SC doesn't plan to start a state ran lotto style game and LA's lotto game is really weak if you ask me.  LA and SC could really benifit from lotto south. 

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3351 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2005, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

The Matrix of Lotto South is high enough, period. 

In Georgia we need a 6 number game with a lower matrix.  Our very successful Lotto Georgia 6/46 was discontinued in favor of joining Lotto South.  Lotto Georgia was fun to play although jackpots didn't skyrocket, and most of all we were able to win every once in awhile which is a definite incentive for me to play more. 

However with the higher matrix of Lotto South 6/49 wins are less often,  fun of playing has plummeted .... and I don't play very often so their efforts have been self-defeating for players like myself

We southerners are frugal, not nearly as stupid as some may characterize us as, can count, and quit playing when we don't get something in return for our effort and $$$$ spent

Good luck to everyone!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #14
            November 9, 2001
            31549 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2005, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

konane - right on.  i don't play it.  do play F5

love to nibble those micey feet.

North Dakota
              United States
              Member #13397
              April 5, 2005
              1623 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2005, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I remember my Mother played Lotto GA and won over $1000.  5/6 of course.  She has also been that lucky with lotto south.  Me on the other hand have only started playing the lottery when TN started.  I just turned 18 and thought one day to start playing.  I guess if I give it a few year I might hit something. 

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: April 20, 2005, 12:00 am - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by konane on April 19, 2005

The Matrix of Lotto South is high enough, period.

In Georgia we need a 6 number game with a lower matrix. Our very successful Lotto Georgia 6/46 was discontinued in favor of joining Lotto South. Lotto Georgia was fun to play although jackpots didn't skyrocket, and most of all we were able to win every once in awhile which is a definite incentive for me to play more.

However with the higher matrix of Lotto South 6/49 wins are less often, fun of playing has plummeted .... and I don't play very often so their efforts have been self-defeating for players like myself.

We southerners are frugal, not nearly as stupid as some may characterize us as, can count, and quit playing when we don't get something in return for our effort and $$$$ spent.

I like LS, but I agree with you. I miss Lotto Georgia.

(insert signature here)

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: April 20, 2005, 12:04 am - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by Tnplayer805 on April 19, 2005

It would be good for Jackpots to rise to $30 or even $40 million with this game. I hope more states join so that jackpots might start out at $3 million and rise about $2 or $3 million if no one wins. Lotto South is a great game and I love to play. I do agree KY,VA, and GA need to look at making it better. And other states around the south such as TN SC and LA need to look at lotto south as an option. (Really LA and SC need to look more into it than TN because there is always a chance TN will start their own state lotto game). SC doesn't plan to start a state ran lotto style game and LA's lotto game is really weak if you ask me. LA and SC could really benifit from lotto south.

LA's Lotto is really meant to be kind of a mid-range jackpot game, more than a Pick 5, lower than a typical Pick 6. IMO, they need to work with the legislature to lower the minimum purchase age back to 18, or at least 19.

(insert signature here)

North Dakota
                    United States
                    Member #13397
                    April 5, 2005
                    1623 Posts
                    Posted: April 20, 2005, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Yeah I can't even buy tickets in LA.  LA should kick their lotto to the curb and add lotto south.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: April 20, 2005, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

LA Lotto is all-cash.