Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hi Ohio! I'm your new Lottery Director.

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: April 20, 2005, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

Rolling Cash 5:

In the recent string of new jackpot-driven 5/39 games (IL's new Little Lotto and MI's Fantasy 5), this one is the only one with a fair payday for 4 out of 5. In other words, it needs no changing.

Super Lotto Plus:

O.K. This needs changing. 3 out of 6 gets butkus in this game (except when they do that promotion in which 3/6 gets a free ticket). At least with New York Lotto you get $1 in real money. There needs to be changes.

1. The bonus ball will only be good for the 5/6 + Bonus prize. It won't count in any other case.

2. Pay $5 for matching 3 numbers.

3. All other elements remain unchanged.

Kicker:

I like the Kicker, but you should be able to pick your own numbers, as well as the ability to play it with RC5. I propose draws everyday, and play slips for choosing ones own numbers. And one more thing, a free SuperLotto or RC5 play (with Kicker) prize for matching the last number.

(insert signature here)

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: April 20, 2005, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

jimmy:

NY Lotto does not deserve any praise.

United States
      Member #13801
      April 14, 2005
      48 Posts
      Posted: April 20, 2005, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Nice discussion, JimmySand9.  I've played a lot of state lotteries and Super Lotto Plus was surprisingly one of my favorites (due to the large jackpots).  I'm a 6/49 guy, so I tend to favor these kind of games.

I've put some thought into the rule that you only get a free ticket with 3 out of 6, and my feelings are that it may be the best decision.  Obviously I would like to get some money when matching 3 (like you do with Lotto South), but the problem is that it would come at the expense of the jackpot or the minimum rollover.

While Lotto South only starts at $1 million, Super Lotto Plus starts at $4 million.  If the Ohio lottery commission could give $5 for matching 3, and only lower the starting jackpot to $3 million and still guarantee a $1 million minimum rollover, then that might be a pretty good option.  But, if they would have to lower the starting jackpot all the way down to $1 million or drastically lower the minimum rollover amount, I would have to favor keeping it the way it is.

You have to remember that the majority of people play jackpot games for one reason:  to hit the jackpot.  If you lower the amount of a jackpot or lower the minimum rollover to satisfy players who are more interested in the smaller prizes, then you are probably doing more harm than good.

As far as the Kicker, I never really got into it.  I prefer the Rolling Cash 5 over the Kicker.

Overall, I'd have to say that Ohio has one of the best state lotteries that I've played.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: April 20, 2005, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

lp:

Lotto South starts at $2 million.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
          Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2741 Posts
          Posted: April 20, 2005, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

it's a nice idea, but remember that holding drawings costs the lottery more than just the payout.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
            Member #13801
            April 14, 2005
            48 Posts
            Posted: April 20, 2005, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Lotto South starts at $2 million.

My mistake, CASH Only.  I should learn to proofread before I hit the submit button.

NY Lotto does not deserve any praise.

I've never had the chance to play the lottery in NY, but I would have to say that my least favorite state lottery is Pennsylvania.  I just didn't like many of the games PA had.  Great state, mediocre lottery.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: April 20, 2005, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

lp:

I _hate_ PA Unlucky for Life. As for NY, avoid Lotto 6/59 (terrible payback) and the "million-dollar" scratch games (annuity-only).

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2005, 4:42 am - IP Logged

rolling cash is a good game......

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19824 Posts
                  Posted: May 14, 2005, 11:24 am - IP Logged

Ohio have the best games for me because I live in Ohio.  The pick3 and pick4 games are the same as most other states.  I don't waste time wishing I lived in California when their SuperLottoPlus is $50M+ or wishing I lived in a PowerBall state when its jackpot is $100M+.  If none of the payouts are big enough, I wait till one is and then play. 

RJOh 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: May 14, 2005, 11:43 am - IP Logged

The Kicker should be booted.