Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What does it mean??

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 12 years ago by mswiz777.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Whirlwind's avatar - candle
Pensacola Florida
United States
Member #12418
March 13, 2005
146 Posts
Posted: April 23, 2005, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

What does it mean when you can't play a number on pick 4? I went to play the 0000 and the computer says it had sold the alotted amout of tickets for that number???? They count the number of plays on tickets???? Has any one else ever had that happen??? Man I'll be so down if 0000 falls tonight in Fl. 

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: April 23, 2005, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Whirlwind,

I've heard this happens elsewhere also. It's when a popular combination (like 0000) hits a cirtain number of tickets, the lottery cuts it off, because otherwise it it does come in, the lottery will end up paying a lot more out in winning tickets than they take in.

Remember, the states run the lottery to make money for themselves, not for the players.  If they don't make money, they will have no reason to continue to run the games.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Pensacola Florida
      United States
      Member #12418
      March 13, 2005
      146 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2005, 7:01 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by Badger on April 23, 2005

Whirlwind,

I've heard this happens elsewhere also. It's when a popular combination (like 0000) hits a cirtain number of tickets, the lottery cuts it off, because otherwise it it does come in, the lottery will end up paying a lot more out in winning tickets than they take in.

Remember, the states run the lottery to make money for themselves, not for the players.  If they don't make money, they will have no reason to continue to run the games.

Thank you Badger,

I sure didn't think about that. It makes sence just sad I didn't play the numbers earlyer in the day. Next time I'll know.... Thank you again....

United States
        Member #1759
        June 29, 2003
        1156 Posts
        Posted: April 23, 2005, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Yes this is TRUE awhile back I tried to play 333 and 4444 it would not except my numbers for the same reason.They are allowed to bankrupt you but you are not allowed to bankrupt them.

United States
          Member #1759
          June 29, 2003
          1156 Posts
          Posted: April 23, 2005, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

Make sure you play any such number combos very EARLY in the day so you can get yours in before the cut-off amount.

Pensacola Florida
            United States
            Member #12418
            March 13, 2005
            146 Posts
            Posted: April 23, 2005, 7:19 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on April 23, 2005

Yes this is TRUE awhile back I tried to play 333 and 4444 it would not except my numbers for the same reason.They are allowed to bankrupt you but you are not allowed to bankrupt them.

Great reply.... Thank you!!!! And I will play earlyer next time...... I just never dreamed that they did that, but now I know..... I wonder have many tickets it takes to cut a number off from being played?
              four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8359 Posts
              Posted: April 23, 2005, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

if you think tripples or quads are going to hit. Buy your tickets a day or two ahead of time. I know this might not be apealing to some but if you think they might win and that's your kind of pick then getting your tickets ahead of time is a lot better than saying i waited too long and the number sold out.

Pensacola Florida
                United States
                Member #12418
                March 13, 2005
                146 Posts
                Posted: April 23, 2005, 7:52 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by four4me on April 23, 2005

if you think tripples or quads are going to hit. Buy your tickets a day or two ahead of time. I know this might not be apealing to some but if you think they might win and that's your kind of pick then getting your tickets ahead of time is a lot better than saying i waited too long and the number sold out.

Your right, my problem is that I have set numbers I play and just decided that I wanted to play the other numbers today but now I know and I will take your advice. I had never played tripples or quads on pick 4 befor so this was a learning thing.... lol....
                  SirMetro's avatar - center
                  East of Atlanta
                  United States
                  Member #6191
                  August 11, 2004
                  1389 Posts
                  Posted: April 26, 2005, 10:58 am - IP Logged

If you check the GA Lottery Website and do some back history peeking. You will see that GA has paid out $9 MILLION because of a Cash 4 Quad. The Limit is set so that the payout does not exceed 50% of the estimated gross intake (or whatever preset payout percentage as dictated by your state lottery system). BTW, 9 Million is only 1,800 tickets. Not really that many in the overall scheme of things.

Sir Metro

1977's avatar - flower2
                    st. pete
                    United States
                    Member #6680
                    September 3, 2004
                    1226 Posts
                    Posted: April 26, 2005, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

I went to play 1902 two taday in a row in fla. and they had close that number /It was only 11am --go figure

good ol' georgia
                      United States
                      Member #13908
                      April 17, 2005
                      32 Posts
                      Posted: April 26, 2005, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

GA has a liability limit of 8 million on the CASH 4 and 18 million on the Cash 3

mswiz777's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                        Va Beach
                        United States
                        Member #532
                        August 2, 2002
                        17701 Posts
                        Posted: April 26, 2005, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

If I like a number and I play it all the time I play it for the week. Then You have make sure you have it in so give it a try.