Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

?? for the computer experts on here

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: May 1, 2005, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I have reasons to believe my computer has been hacked. Is there a sure way to tell.. ? and is there a way to find out where the computer was that hacked it..

I am not sure how to ask the right questions here.. Any input on the matter will be grateful...

As you all remember twice, a man has came on this forum to give me hard time...

Well I believe he has done something that is prdventing me from coming to lotto post on my own computer..

This computer I am using now isn't mind..

Help if you can.. Thanks for reading

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8363 Posts
    Posted: May 1, 2005, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Did you at one time or another exchange information via email back and forth. If so it is possible to get your ip address that way.  

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: May 1, 2005, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

ok.. is the ip address from a computer or from the house..

We did years ago..

I have new computer now..

Now back in October he found me here... So could he found out info from posts I made here?

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: May 1, 2005, 8:17 pm - IP Logged

I was hoping there were more experts on here..

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8363 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2005, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I might not be  a computer expert but i have had my share of trouble with my pc. One thing you could do is run your antivirus software. Or any other security software you have installed on that pc. Your internet ip address is attached to your screen name that you use to sign on your isp with. You can find out what your ip address by typing ( what is my ip address in your search engine).

to find out if somone has captured your log in information you can call your isp and see if anyone from a different location has accessed your pc. Or signed on using your screen name. On thing for sure if in fact that has happened then you will need to contact your isp and ask them to delete your old screen name you use to sign on to your isp with and explain to them the whole problem you are having. You might also want to get a new login password. Have you tried a different screen name and pasword on the pc you had problems with.

This problem you are having might be bigger than anyone on here can deal with.  

There are also some nasty viruses out there that can take over your pc.

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2005, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

Thank you very much..

i am going to try that..

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: May 1, 2005, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

download a free firewall like zonealarm and avg antivirus, avast or some other free antivirus, then download spybot and adaware you can also download spyware guard and spyware blaster, last download Winpatrol.

Now you have to set their options right and run them, that is use them, you also have to set the security, privacy and the advanced right on Internet Explorer.

Last change your user name and password for your ISP and Email, here on the forum change your password, set all the options right for your pc, internet explorer and the above programs, if you need more protection than that use an encrypted anonymous proxy server connection to surf the net thru with.

All of this might be a little too much for you, but you can learn a little at a time. Download those programs, install them and go from there.

The most important ones are the firewall (ZoneAlarm Freeware) and The AntiVirus (AVG antiVirus Freeware or some other good one).

Then get Spybot Search and Destroy and then ADAware, those are the only ones that you really need.

The others are just for extra-protection just in case you really ned it:

Spyware Guard, Spyware Blaster and Win Patrol, all the programs I told to you about have freeware versions, get those, if you want to pay you can get the Zone Alarm Pro version, it's a little better than their freeware version, I just use the freeware stuff myself.

As for an encryted proxy server anonymous connection that is only for the very most really extreme cases, in case that nothing else works out O.K.

Also change your user-name, IP adress and passwords, and all email addresses and passwords and also the Lottery Post password, only if you really really have to then also change your Lottery Post user name, but that is an extreme measure, changing your password should be enough.

Also as I said before changing all your Internet Explorer settings to make it more secure is a very good idea.

Go to tools above then internet options then security then fix those settings, then go to privacy and fix those and last go to advanced and fix those, that all as said above should do it.

I have learned a few things on my own, nobody taught me.

When you are paranoid about security like me, you learn, but it takes a while.

Use only Internet Explorer and no other browser, it's the most secure of them all, also get all your Microsoft Security Updates for your PC and browser.

Good luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."