Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball wants your opinion.

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by ryanm.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: May 14, 2005, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like "The Blue Game" could be a resurrection of their international lottery concept.  If they did come up with an international game, I would be interested to see if California will sell it.  They are a MUSL member, and became one with the intention of participating in an international game.

I'm lukewarm on the game, BTW.

California left MUSL when they decided on selling Mega Millions. And like Georgia, I'm doubtful they'd be allowed back in.

I did not see that anywhere.  Where did you see it?  Or is that an assumption?

It was because the CA Lottery website was moved to the non-members link section.

(insert signature here)

twisted's avatar - underground
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #2376
    September 25, 2003
    582 Posts
    Posted: May 14, 2005, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

I dislike the 5/59 + 1/2/59 concept.

5/59 + 2/8 is much more user friendly.

I like the idea. To win the jackpot you would have to match the five white balls and then any of the two bonus balls. The $500,000 second tier prize sounded really good also. Also they would have the powerplay option on the lower tier prizes!!!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: May 14, 2005, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

if they do this and it works then mega millions would probably answer with a game of its own....

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
        North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: May 14, 2005, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

You would have thought MM would have started the Megaplier but did they?  Nope.  I think MM will do nothing at all the top this if it does start up.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: May 14, 2005, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

mega millions would be left behind....powerball is thinking up all kinds of new ideas to try to stay fresh.....

whodeani's avatar - lightening

United States
            Member #2484
            October 9, 2003
            212 Posts
            Posted: May 15, 2005, 9:59 am - IP Logged

I am also lukewarm to the idea. I am just curious to see if this "Blue Game" is started, if Powerball will be able to maintain the minimum $5 Million dollar increase per drawing. Creating a new game may hurt Powerball sales and sales may not justify the increase in the next drawing. On the other hand, people may not be able to justify spending $2 on the "Blue Game" when the jackpot is really low and will stick with Powerball. It will be interesting to see what people will do when the "Blue Game" jackpot gets really high. I have said before in the past, people can't justifty spending a buck on Powerball when the jackpot is $200 million. How will those people justify spending 2 bucks on the "Blue Game" when its jackpot is $200 million?

Also, not that I would take it but a $1,000,000 annuity on the second prize would have to a smaller number of years. With cash options on jackpots now almost always being the standard, people want their money now or at least more money now. The max number of years on that annuity would have to be 10 or maybe even 5. If someone is willing to wait to get the million, then the lottery has to up the ante have give more cash in each payment. A minimum of $100,000/year or $200,000/year in the case of 5 years.

Greenwich, CT
              United States
              Member #4793
              May 24, 2004
              1822 Posts
              Posted: May 15, 2005, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

I always Powerplay a line or two, so I could justify the $2 price...prizes would be higher.  But I would only buy a Powerplay ticket for $4 when the jackpot was really high.

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: May 15, 2005, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

The odds per $1 would be virtually double that of Powerball.

Morrison, IL
                  United States
                  Member #4657
                  May 13, 2004
                  1884 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2005, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Thank goodness there will still be Powerball though.  I'd rather play that at $1 per play even if the "blue game" has a really high jackpot.