Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you were the Lottery Director?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5396 Posts
Posted: May 16, 2005, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if this question was ever posted here at the Lotterypost.

If you were the Lottery Director of your state, what would you change?

Add new games?  Type

Remove old games?

If I was the Lottery Director of my state I would remove the computerized Midday drawing with a live drawing.

I would dump all the state Lottery Games except Powerball and I would add a 6/32 Lottery game with more chances to win.

I would increase the Pick 3 payouts from 500 to 1 to 750 to 1.

Create a state sanctioned online pick 3 game where you set up an account and pick your numbers.

Just to name a few.

Like this will ever happen!!

Good Luck!!!

Winsum

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: May 16, 2005, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

What state are you from? And I have done things like this numerous times in the past, go back in the archive and look for them.

(insert signature here)

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
      USA
      United States
      Member #8242
      October 29, 2004
      1133 Posts
      Posted: May 16, 2005, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I would make NY Lotto much better, and make Take Five a jackpot game like CashOnly mentioned... if not a jackpot game, then whenever there's an extra number, the payouts would pay the same as if there was no extra number, meaning if I hit 2 regular #'s and the extra # I get $15-$20, not just $4.50! ...  and do something to Pick 10.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
        North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: May 16, 2005, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I would have lotto 5 drawings daily.  I would offer junior, giant, and Jumbo Jumbo Bucks.  Create an instate Lotto game with drawings Tuesday and Friday.  I would change lotto 5's name to TN triple star bucks or Tristar 5 (That's if Tristar and starbucks didn't want to sue me).  I would add midday drawings to cash 3 and 4. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
          North Dakota
          United States
          Member #13397
          April 5, 2005
          1623 Posts
          Posted: May 16, 2005, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Oh yeah add a match 2 out of 5 prize for lotto 5.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: May 16, 2005, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

TNPlayer has some great ideas there. I'd play his lottery. But I should point out to maverick that Take 5 is the way it is because so many people buy tickets, to the tune of about 900,000 per draw. That would make rollovers rare, and when they would occur, you could expect 6-7 top prize winners because then Take Five would really fly off the shelves. Changing T5 to a jackpot game would require increasing the matrix to a 5/42-5/46, or something like that. And I'm sure popularity would wane, seeing that New Yorkers don't typically repond well to change. Remember when NY Lotto went to 1 play per dollar? It may've been a better game after that, but it was too radical of a change, at which point they went to the old format with a bigger matrix, with moderate success. But his other ideas are great. Take Five would benefit greatly from a regular bonus ball feature. And NY Lotto needs bigger smaller prizes, but no other changes. The payout is it's only flaw, albeit a major one.

(insert signature here)

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3114 Posts
              Posted: May 16, 2005, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

the new First of all if I were a lottery director being paid the yearly equivalent of a lottery jackpot I'd stop trying to figure out how to win and start trying to figure out how to get the suckers to drop more on the games so I'd get a bigger bonus.

Pretty much it's all a numbers game.  Just about everything is pre-decided as to the percentages so all you can do is shuffle the perameters to make it look like the games have changed for the better.  When the take drops off, shuffle the perameters again and buy ads to promote game. BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19903 Posts
                Posted: May 17, 2005, 1:08 am - IP Logged

That's the way it done in Ohio. When the lotto game first started it was a 6/44 game, 2 chances for $1 and a match 3/6 paid $3 and the jackpot rolled $4M if it wasn't won.  Over the years as the game improved it change to a 6/49 +1 game, 1 chance for $1 and a match 3/6 pays nothing and the jackpot rolls $1M if it not won.  They are thinking about making some more improvements to regain the level of interest the game use to have.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

spookysoozy's avatar - acepent
                  South Georgia
                  United States
                  Member #100
                  January 28, 2002
                  3734 Posts
                  Posted: May 17, 2005, 1:24 am - IP Logged

a 2 digit game.. as in front or back pair. Thats all I want.

A small change.. not asking much..a nice new non-taxable game.

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
                    Greenfield
                    United States
                    Member #3587
                    February 2, 2004
                    557 Posts
                    Posted: May 17, 2005, 3:36 am - IP Logged

If I were Lottery Director the Hoosier Lottery would go back to using Balls TODAY! I guarantee the payouts would skyrocket! Need I say more.

LosingJeff's avatar - flower
                      Greenfield
                      United States
                      Member #3587
                      February 2, 2004
                      557 Posts
                      Posted: May 17, 2005, 3:49 am - IP Logged

Maybe the payouts would skyrocket just like our property taxes do around here. Here we go again, my house payment will go up 60 dollars per month again next month. It just went up 50 per month last year! Ive lost track of the years before that. If there are any Legislators from Indiana out there I have a question. "Where is all the money at?" and how much longer before we lose our homes?

Why does a State in such bad economic condition as Indiana buy a new Stadium? Instead, dont build this stadium and give us a tax break. How many old arenas have we destroyed when they should have been renovated. I think its time the Legislators started answering to the people. Better yet, we need to make every effort to elect a completely new group of people to the Legislature. That way we can rid ourselves of the entire regime that put us in this mess!

I only wish the Federal Government would come here and take a look at what is going on here. We need help.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                        USA
                        United States
                        Member #8242
                        October 29, 2004
                        1133 Posts
                        Posted: May 17, 2005, 4:55 am - IP Logged

I forgot to say... winsumloosesum, great thread. Lottery games don't always stay the same. Some get better, some get worse, which is why it's nice to see this as a new thread.