Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Newbie with a couple questions please

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BuddahBoy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
BuddahBoy's avatar - zzz om.gif
Yogaville
United States
Member #15547
May 16, 2005
5 Posts
Posted: May 17, 2005, 9:27 am - IP Logged

Greetings - I just happened on the site a couple days ago and am just blown away with it; super great site and participation.

I would like to ask a couple of questions [hope I don't sound too dumb] about how to use the wealth of information offered.  I've spent many hours reading posts and looking at the various sections and I feel like a moron because I don't really grasp how to best use the info here - I'm interested in the pick 3 and 4 games - just starting out as must be obvious LOL - can I ask for tips on:

How to use the predictions

Where can I read up to understand how to use Wheels

How will I benefit from a premium membership [do I need more knowledge first]

Thank you and I hope this is in the correct thread.  

Ron 

Believe!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23275 Posts
    Posted: May 17, 2005, 10:08 am - IP Logged

It can be overwhelming at first, but my advice is to be a little patient, and follow all the various posts from day-to-day.  Although your interest in in Pick 3/4, try not to dwell only in those forums, because there is a lot being said that may interest you in the other forums.

The most important function on the whole web site (in my opinion) is the Active Topics page.  It is the first item in the Forums menu.  That page tells you every topic that has been started or replied to since the last time you were here.  It is typically the first page I will go to when I open the web site.  By using it, you do not have to scan through every forum and every topic to find the new messages.

Secondly, make use of the popup menus.  Any time you see a member name or game name, you can click it to popup a list of options.  With members, you can go directly to their predictions, search for their other messages posted, see their Blog, and view their statistcs (amongst other things).  With games, you can see detailed information about the game, view past results, and you can Deflate or Inspect that game's past results (for Pick 3 and Pick 4 games).

When you start to become more familiar with everything, you can take a look at what a Premium membership would offer.  Click Premium Memberships on the left side of the page for a matrix which shows all the different features offered.

There is a lot you can do with your standard membership, you just relax and enjoy, and then once you figure out what is available and how it works you can make an informed decision.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Yogaville
      United States
      Member #15547
      May 16, 2005
      5 Posts
      Posted: May 17, 2005, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Thank you very much Todd - greatly appreciate your kind response and I'll take your advice and be patient [as patient as I can be! LOL] 

I did notice the super features that the site offers and that was one of the things that I was very impressed with when I first got to it - the popup menu structure is just sooooooooo classy!  I do websites myself, transitioning to Mambo now from php Nuke, and have to say that this site is THE best I've experienced in a long while - and I've been impressed much lately.  Alot of very hard work, much thought and tons of love have gone into this baby, that's for positive.  

I'll take your advice and I'll also not be bashful with writing questions either - - thanks again for your response and for keeping all those bottles so squeaky clean!!

Ron 

Believe!!

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23275 Posts
        Posted: May 17, 2005, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Ron,

Thanks for the compliments regarding the popup menus.  I really like them myself, although I haven't gotten much positive feedback about them.  I thought maybe it was just me who liked them! 

Enjoy your stay, and I hope you're able to find everything you're looking for.

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23275 Posts
          Posted: May 17, 2005, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

Ron,

By the way if you build websites yourself, you may be interested to check out the code work (not sure if you go there or not).  I just converted the whole site to be 100% XHTML 1.1 compliant, with a table-less layout.  It was about a 6-month project, and finally ended last month (whew!).  I sure did learn a lot during that 6 months.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: May 17, 2005, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

BuddahBoy,

Welcome to the forum!

You asked how to use predictor's picks.  There's several ways.

1) Select 'predictions' and then 'top predictors'.  You can then filter it by game, state, 30 day / lifelong stats, etc.  That will tell you the top predictors.

2) If you're looking for analyzing tools, I have found these to be very useful tools...Deflate and Inspect.  Read the instructions, check it out...you get 20 free tries at it.  I use it every day. 

3) Follow the forum posts, watch the feedback.  Some good pickers prefer posting on the forum so watch who's hot.

Good luck! 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Yogaville
              United States
              Member #15547
              May 16, 2005
              5 Posts
              Posted: May 17, 2005, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

"I just converted the whole site to be 100% XHTML 1.1 compliant"

Well Todd, a friend of mine was over when I was writing you earlier and she had a FIT saying that I NEVER compliment a site [not really true but hardly ever LOL] and she's never heard me go on about one like today LMAO!!  I did look at the code and also saw the validators in addition, at which time I said "that dude is a glutten for punishment! how the hell did he get all these components to work together and stay separated in both IE and Firefox??  Somebody been through the wringer!!"  At the risk of "overkill", the deeper I go the more impressed I am - like the login for example - secure or unsecure options - now that's just plain classy and I'm willing to bet that you put in quite a bit of work to integrate that one - and most likely very few even notice - but it's still a fab touch.  

Well, I'll just keep lookin around and reading - back to school for this old dog!!  Thanks again for  

RICK: thanks for taking the time to gimme some tips - much appreciated indeed and I'll take it for sure. 

Ron 

Believe!!

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23275 Posts
                Posted: May 17, 2005, 4:17 pm - IP Logged

Ron is my new best friend. 

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23275 Posts
                  Posted: May 17, 2005, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

The hardest part to XHTML 1.1 compliance was getting all the posted messages to validate, considering that anyone can enter anything into the editor.  (For example, if you click the validate button on this thread, in which people have posted a bunch of various HTML.)  The cleanup routines are pretty hairy.

In all seriousness, it's great when someone who's into these things can check out the resulting code, because it was among the more challenging projects I've ever done.

Yogaville
                    United States
                    Member #15547
                    May 16, 2005
                    5 Posts
                    Posted: May 17, 2005, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

Cool - I like new friends - hehehehehehe

"it was among the more challenging projects I've ever done."

and a fine job of it too!!  LOL

Believe!!