Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto / Fantasy 5 And Excel

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 12 years ago by sixinfourtynine.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
mangoten's avatar - chi
New Member
Orlando
United States
Member #15905
May 23, 2005
5 Posts
Offline
Posted: May 23, 2005, 2:42 am - IP Logged

Howdy! Just joined this board & wanted to share a recent story about a small recent win.

"You know, I just won $60 the other night using =COMBIN(7,5) to use 21 combinations of 7 numbers, with 5 numbers in each combination; the total pool of numbers to pick from is 1 through 36. I matched 3 out of 5 numbers, winning 6 out of 21 combinations. Each combination won 10 dollars & I spent 1 dollar on each combination (21 dollars total.)

 

If I had matched 4 numbers out of 5, I would have won 3 sets of 4 numbers & 12 sets of 3 numbers. 4 number matches in this particular game wins on the average about 125 dollars each ticket most of the time, but sometimes up to 900 dollars each ticket on special days. Generally, I would have won =SUM(125,125,125,12*10) or 495 dollars if 4 numbers matched.

 

I've got my somewhat recursive/un-iterated spreadsheet set up & once in awhile 21 dollars is not bad to spend if you like to choose 7 numbers covering all possible 5 number combinations. 7 out of 36 numbers in itself gives covers 19% (7/36) leaving 81% (29/36) still to beat. The actual odds on this game are 1:376,992 to win 5 numbers, 1:81 to win 3 numbers.

 

I find the PEARSON function rather interesting in finding out how accurate one LOOKUP table compares to another LOOKUP table."

I have'nt browsed some of the other posts yet, but I hope some of y'all use Excel to keep track of your state's lottery.

    Avatar

    United States
    Member #986
    January 5, 2003
    280 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: May 23, 2005, 2:57 am - IP Logged

    mangoten, you have an example of your spreadsheet?  And how do you get down to picking only 7 numbers, that's what really has my interest.  Best I can do is 20 numbers.

      mangoten's avatar - chi
      New Member
      Orlando
      United States
      Member #15905
      May 23, 2005
      5 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: May 23, 2005, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

      Maryland,

      I can attach my worksheet & macro to an email & send it to you privately since I do not know how to upload a worksheet on this page.

      In picking 7 numbers, out of 36, for a Fantasy 5 draw, you generally can use a number of ways to figure out your numbers. Generally, the two ways I know of are to get the percentages of each time a number comes up as a win; second, keep track of a 7 day cycle of numbers & play the numbers which have not come up in the previous 7 days. Even though some numbers repeat frequently in Fantasy 5, generally you can get away with choosing numbers which have not already won within the last 7 days. 7 days * 5 numbers each day gives you 35 numbers drawn, leaving you with a better chance of seeing which numbers come up.

      Even though this method is not fool proof, it should help you out!

        sixinfourtynine's avatar - driver
        New Member

        Turkey
        Member #15998
        May 24, 2005
        4 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: May 24, 2005, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

        mangoten,

         

        could you send excel file to my e-mail also? I want to have a look.

         

        regards,