Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Missing numbers on lottery ticket

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 12 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
south Carolina
United States
Member #5288
June 28, 2004
21 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2005, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

I recently pickerd up a ticket for powerball for the next drawing  The ticket fell in the water          I was told being the bar code on the bottom of the ticket  was good I could find out if its a winner after the drawing is held. I cant see all the numbers I played so I asked could I exchange the ticket For another ticket by you scanning the bar code. They told me  no .that to wait till after the drawing to determine if i won any money  So the ticket is still good but I cant trace all the numbers on it.      My question  is Ive purchased tickets in the past for multi drawings and won some money. I was able to get my money for winning that week and they gave me a ticket back saying exchange being I still had drawings left on it.If they were able to exchange it then isnt there a way I could determine what numbers Ive played  without having to wait for the drawing  to come  out.        Has this ever happened to anyone else here. 

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
    Clarksville
    United States
    Member #487
    July 15, 2002
    17638 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

If u have a multi draw ticket, u can ask them to scan it but if u don't have any winners, the machine won't give u that new replacement ticket. 

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

United States
      Member #12495
      March 15, 2005
      76 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2005, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

It is good thing that they can not replace your ticket. Otherwise just imagine when you have a winning ticket, how surprise it will be when you find another duplicate already claimed your money.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8366 Posts
        Posted: May 24, 2005, 11:21 am - IP Logged

The store clerk can't tell you what numbers you've played on that particular ticket. But lottery headquarters might or should be able to. Depending on how far away you live from headquarters or how important it is to you to know these numbers. Powerball tickets cannot be exchanged.