Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 9:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Too many numbers

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 12 years ago by FloridaGirl.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2005, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

What is the amount of numbers do you play for each state?

I was told several times when I first started that I was covering too many numbers..

I have since cut back to less than 8 per state.. If I can not feel real good about 8.. I dont play..

It feels better not getting a number in that was on a long list, than to find your number wasn't there after playing a long list.

With all the many methods available out there, I dont see why anyone would play more than 8 per state...

What are your opinions on this?

When I view the prediction page for a state, I dont care to look at those predictions that have more than 10 listed.  It  is as if they aren't so sure about the numbers, and they have to list more than 10...

If I have more than 8 on a list, I look to see how many of each are chosen by the group to narrow it down to 8.  If That doesn't help, I don't play that state.

Then if many states are knocked out, I combo the states that I have less than 8 and go for straights.  This seems to work best.

The only problem I have with making the predictions before the draw, is that by the time I get all this research done, it is too late to do both, play and post...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

undress's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
    roseville, MI
    United States
    Member #5980
    July 30, 2004
    18205 Posts
    Posted: May 25, 2005, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I like to play about 5-6 numbers.....

Mad ALL IN!Mad

flaboi's avatar - peace
      miami
      United States
      Member #15147
      May 10, 2005
      59 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2005, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I play 2 50 cents games.. Im cheap until i find something that works for me..

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: May 26, 2005, 11:43 am - IP Logged

I thought I would get more responses on how to play less than 10 numbers...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23274 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2005, 11:56 am - IP Logged

If you truly "dont care to look at those predictions that have more than 10 listed", then you're missing the boat, IMHO.

A lot of newbies tend to scoff at people who post more than 10 picks, but for a long-timer here, I'm surprised by your remark!

Many people posting more than 10 picks do so to help you narrow down your own picks, not to tell you to play all of their numbers.  Assuming that you've been able to narrow your list of numbers down to a reasonable size (say, under 50 picks), now if you compare your numbers to those posted by predictors you trust, (here's where a tool like Deflate 3 works wonders), then you can come up with numbers to play.

A Deflate user would take your numbers, combined with the numbers from one or more predictors, paste them all into the Deflate utility, and would generate a prioritized list of numbers to play.

tntea, am I telling you something new, or have you been doing this already?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

If I have say,  "12 " numbers I will look to see if those predictors have those any of those "12" and if the majority of them do, I consider the number.

I still have to limit the amount to 8 or less to make a nice profit..

If I didn't, I would go box all the time.

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1389 Posts
              Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

I have narrowed my list of numbers down to no more then 5 Cash 3 and 2 Cash 4 numbers. Seems that since I started playing in this manner, I am still 1 digit off. I am spending less, yes, but at least I can say the result is pretty much the same. So I try to stick to a select few with an occasional doubling up on one or 2 sets from time to time.

As far as filtering it down, I look at the sort method and the grid I produced plus the other work-outs the others have created (especially Destiny's). Then with the various combined work-outs, I look for commonalities amongst all, picking only the select few that seems to be appearing across the board. No, I have not hit with this method, but then again, stranger things have been known to occur.

Sir Metro

Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23274 Posts
                Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

If I have say,  "12 " numbers I will look to see if those predictors have those any of those "12" and if the majority of them do, I consider the number.

I still have to limit the amount to 8 or less to make a nice profit..

If I didn't, I would go box all the time.

It doesn't sound like you understood what I said.  I never said to play a lot of numbers.  I did not suggest any number of picks to play.  I described a technique of using people's predictions to narrow down your own selections.

To suggest that someone who posts 20 numbers (for example) expects anyone to play all 20 numbers is misleading, and I am desperately trying to get that across.

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23274 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

I have narrowed my list of numbers down to no more then 5 Cash 3 and 2 Cash 4 numbers. Seems that since I started playing in this manner, I am still 1 digit off. I am spending less, yes, but at least I can say the result is pretty much the same. So I try to stick to a select few with an occasional doubling up on one or 2 sets from time to time.

As far as filtering it down, I look at the sort method and the grid I produced plus the other work-outs the others have created (especially Destiny's). Then with the various combined work-outs, I look for commonalities amongst all, picking only the select few that seems to be appearing across the board. No, I have not hit with this method, but then again, stranger things have been known to occur.

Sir Metro

Sounds like some good, creative use of various predictions here.  That's just what I'm trying to say above:  there are an infinte number of ways to use all the numbers posted here.  It's up to each person to try to creatively figure out what is their best approach.  Sometimes through trial & error.

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
                    Norfolk , Va
                    United States
                    Member #4541
                    May 2, 2004
                    25100 Posts
                    Posted: May 26, 2005, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Tntea , I play about 5 sets of numbers a draw . Costs me 5 bucks. I go through a list of anywhere from 10 to 40 sets of numbers. I try to post 20 or less . After I have a list of numbers and post them , I go through them and eliminate some to give me the 5 picks I will play. I look for numbers that will have 1 that will be a repeat from the prior draw if the past weeks numbers show that is happening . I also use the longest numbers out at times. I check past years history and see what followed the prior draws numbers. usually I go back 5 years. I do that using the number I'm searching for in straight order. When I'm done I pick the 5 I will play.

A few months ago I stopped posting the numbers I came up with using the deflate list . Maryland and Virginia were two I did pretty regular. I stopped because I felt it was too many numbers to post. I figured , how can anyone play all of these numbers ( about 40 or more ) . I see what Todd is saying now , that folks can go through the list and look for what they like and compare to others.

Maybe I'll start it again because it did come up with winning numbers I just didnt want people wasting money on what I posted.

Right now I'm trying to find better ways but it is a long proccess and lots of hours work .

Thanks for the post.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

ga.
                      United States
                      Member #7829
                      October 14, 2004
                      614 Posts
                      Posted: May 26, 2005, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Tntea...I totally agree with you....I rarely look at predictors that have over 10 numbers listed..sometimes some have 12 or so and I will look...but when it gets to 20-50 numbers...well  my thought there is the same as yours....thats not that good of odds. I try to find a common number or pair for the state in which I am playing....It would be great to see all predictors scale down to 10 each,but I understand there are many ways to pick a winner so most like to pick many numbers and then compare.....thanks for all you do!

GracieGirl

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: May 26, 2005, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Tntea , I play about 5 sets of numbers a draw . Costs me 5 bucks. I go through a list of anywhere from 10 to 40 sets of numbers. I try to post 20 or less . After I have a list of numbers and post them , I go through them and eliminate some to give me the 5 picks I will play. I look for numbers that will have 1 that will be a repeat from the prior draw if the past weeks numbers show that is happening . I also use the longest numbers out at times. I check past years history and see what followed the prior draws numbers. usually I go back 5 years. I do that using the number I'm searching for in straight order. When I'm done I pick the 5 I will play.

A few months ago I stopped posting the numbers I came up with using the deflate list . Maryland and Virginia were two I did pretty regular. I stopped because I felt it was too many numbers to post. I figured , how can anyone play all of these numbers ( about 40 or more ) . I see what Todd is saying now , that folks can go through the list and look for what they like and compare to others.

Maybe I'll start it again because it did come up with winning numbers I just didnt want people wasting money on what I posted.

Right now I'm trying to find better ways but it is a long proccess and lots of hours work .

Thanks for the post.

Yes I agree, it can be lots of hours of work.  I finally found a way for it to be a great pay off without having to play so many numbers.

At one time, I was shooting at all states, playing too many numbers and missing the majority, and not making a profit.

Hubby didn't like that method of playing at all.  What was the point?  I just wanted to win..lol

Now using the double warning.. and looking to see what was drawn the month before, has helped a great deal. The research method works great with states that have two drawings..

I dont'  feel that I have to play everynight, that is the greatest feeling. When I first started I felt I needed to play each draw.

I haven't played midday, however, I did pick out some numbers last night to play today, but decided not to bother.  I have to work tonight, so I may only play TN and CA tonight.

CA has been the easiest money maker for me.

United States
                          Member #1759
                          June 29, 2003
                          1156 Posts
                          Posted: May 26, 2005, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I have a new strategy that I'm working on that will give me 2 straight combinations too play.

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: May 26, 2005, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I have a new strategy that I'm working on that will give me 2 straight combinations too play.

that is fantastic...

My straights are pure luck.. or I make them happen by playing combos..

If I only feel good about 3 or 4 numbers.. I spend the extra to play them st..

Hubby does better at the st thing.. He cannot explain it though.. He calls it his thicket method.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                              FEMA Region V Camp #21
                              United States
                              Member #520
                              July 27, 2002
                              5699 Posts
                              Posted: May 26, 2005, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

There is only one winning combination per game.  Every other combination you play in that game is a loser.  Losses have to be made up with wins.

4-10 plays per game seems to be a range where profit can be made.  Playing more than 10 picks per game requires consistent winning to offset the losses.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).