Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 2:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery winnings

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

how long did it take you to win on any game including scratchers and numbers

in the first two weeks [ 16 ]  [55.17%]
in the first two months [ 6 ]  [20.69%]
in the first two years [ 5 ]  [17.24%]
never won any prizes [ 2 ]  [6.90%]
Total Valid Votes [ 29 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2005, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

how long did it take you to get your first good win.mine was a couple months down the line when i hit on cash 3.....

MMGuy's avatar - waveform
    Houston, Tx
    United States
    Member #13043
    March 28, 2005
    119 Posts
    Posted: May 29, 2005, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

In the first two weeks I won $150 in megamillions.

IL
      United States
      Member #15146
      May 10, 2005
      103 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2005, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I've never won a good prize, probably because I stick to the jackpot games. I won 42 dollars matching 4 of 6 on state lotto but that's about it.

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #620
        August 25, 2002
        205 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2005, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

In 30 years, I think the biggest amount I won was $78.  To date, I estimate that I have spent about $10,000 playing the lotto during those 30 years.

I play to dream and dream of winning a major jackpot!

LuvToWin616's avatar - happy
          Canton, Michigan
          United States
          Member #12088
          March 4, 2005
          1165 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2005, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

WOW rabbitfoot you should of won alot more then that in 30 years Coffee

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
            USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: June 2, 2005, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

That's a normal statistic I'm sure, and at the same time... maybe it's time to trade in that rabbits foot for some number selection methods... or then again, RabbitFoot may hit BIG soon.

Lep

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: June 3, 2005, 7:39 am - IP Logged

anything is possible! 

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                Florence, Alabama
                United States
                Member #8658
                November 13, 2004
                1993 Posts
                Posted: June 15, 2005, 11:45 am - IP Logged

I hit within the 1st week and that may be why I'm hooked to it, lol.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Blaine WA
                  United States
                  Member #17275
                  June 15, 2005
                  117 Posts
                  Posted: June 16, 2005, 6:03 am - IP Logged

after about twenty years I hit four plus bonus last year

Blaine WA
                    United States
                    Member #17275
                    June 15, 2005
                    117 Posts
                    Posted: June 16, 2005, 6:20 am - IP Logged

sorry

make that five plus the bonus

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                      Florence, Alabama
                      United States
                      Member #8658
                      November 13, 2004
                      1993 Posts
                      Posted: June 16, 2005, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

I had done a work out for the 4 plus bonus game here in ky and come out with 2 sets of numbers to play and didn't play them. It's was New Years Eve and I thought to myself, "It won't come out tonight......." YES it did and I didn't play. I missed out on $200,000. I'll never forget the date or the numbers 8-12-16-30(23) Dec 31, 2002.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: June 18, 2005, 5:12 am - IP Logged

I had done a work out for the 4 plus bonus game here in ky and come out with 2 sets of numbers to play and didn't play them. It's was New Years Eve and I thought to myself, "It won't come out tonight......." YES it did and I didn't play. I missed out on $200,000. I'll never forget the date or the numbers 8-12-16-30(23) Dec 31, 2002.

whew i bet you were depressed!Sad

lottobrain's avatar - box
                          Smyrna, DE
                          United States
                          Member #10074
                          January 1, 2005
                          125 Posts
                          Posted: June 18, 2005, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

My first lottery experience was with pick 6 games in MD and DE back in 1989.  I played them both regularly and won 4 out of 6 several times with the DE pick 6 as it only had 30 numbers at the time. I think MD was 6/40 at that time and after about a year of playing, I purchased a lotto program for my computer and picked 20 numbers based on certain statistical values the program generated. I plugged those into a 230 combination system in the program and got 2 tickets with 5 numbers the first time I played along with 2 or 3 tickets with 4 of 6. I won about $1200 each for the 5 or 6s, and about $60 each for the 4 of 6s.  One of the 5 of 6s was one digit off on the 6th number from a $4 million jackpot. That hooked me and I tried the program several more times, but only won a couple of 4 of 6s. I later learned that the system I used did not have more than a 3 of 6 guarantee at best, so I had been very lucky. I began to use smaller systems and would win 4 of 6 ever so often in MD. However, they continued to make changes to the game to make it harder.  I then begin to explore pick 3 after subscribing to Lottery Player Magazine and learning about the Steve Player systems. It took me awhile to start winning anything with pick 3 and I spent more time working on lotto.  A few years later I moved to DE and only played that lotto game and pick 3. I improved on my pick 3 winnings over the next few years, but it took 10 years of studying and charting in DE before I finally selected the right 6 numbers for a jackpot win at lotto. I also won several 5 of 6s just before that win and after it. But then they started adding more numbers and making it harder and I have only been able to get 4 of 6s. Now they have done away with a decent lotto jackpot prize, though they lowered the numbers by 3 to 6/35. Lottobrain

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
                            Alaska
                            United States
                            Member #16217
                            May 27, 2005
                            287 Posts
                            Posted: June 19, 2005, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

Like you KyMystikal, I came sooooooo close to getting the GA Fantasy Five once. I will never ever forget the date nor the numbers. It is like they are embedded in my head for the rest of my life and everytime I think about it, I have to sigh to myself. The date was 5-23-2002 and the numbers were 07-09-14-20-32. I did play one ticket that night with all these numbers07-09-18-20-32. I told my husband that I was sure about the other 4 numbers but that 18 was bothering me. He told me if I felt that strong about it to go ahead and get all of the combinations with the 4 numbers I was sure of. I didn't and I will always wish that I had been a little more agressive. I think I am beginning to learn. I mean if I had gone and spent $35 dollars on the Fantasy Five and lost, I would be a little miffed but as it stands I didn't spend the other $34 and I am alot miffed. 20/20 hindsight. I did get $109. I guess you just have to find the right balance between being an aggressive player and being a stupid player. I mean I don't want to go to the poorhouse from spending too much on losing lottery tickets. -Bonnie

Baton Rouge, LA
                              United States
                              Member #4602
                              May 7, 2004
                              700 Posts
                              Posted: June 19, 2005, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

When the Louisiana Lottery first started, all they had was scratch off tickets.  I would sometimes buy them and a few times, did win prizes of $5.  That was only a couple of months into the Lottery's existance.  I did later when $50 on Lotto, twice, which is the most I've ever won.  I have won $20 a couple of times on scratch offs, but that's about it.  I'm still going after the big one.

PrisonerSix