Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:12 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

biggest jackpots ever

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
IL
United States
Member #15146
May 10, 2005
103 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2005, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know if there is a site that shows the biggest lottery jackpots ever?  Thought I seen it somewhere but can't find it again.

MMGuy's avatar - waveform
    Houston, Tx
    United States
    Member #13043
    March 28, 2005
    119 Posts
    Posted: May 30, 2005, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

El Gordo or somethink like that has the biggest lottery about $1,000,000,000. But it's EXPENSIVE. If you're talkin about in the U.S. I think it was The Big Game at $350,000,000 in 2000 or it could be that guy that won the powerball jackpot a few years back in Virginia or West Virginia.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23352 Posts
      Posted: May 30, 2005, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

El Gordo has the world's largest payout in one day, but not the biggest jackpot.

The biggest jackpot ever in the world was $363 million for The Big Game (the former version of Mega Millions) in May, 2000.  It was split by two winning tickets (one in Michigan, and one in Illinois).  Jack Whitaker was the largest single jackpot winner in history, of a $314.9 million Powerball jackpot on Christmas, 2002.  He took the cash option, which amounted to a $113 million lump sum.

Hope that helps.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2005, 6:50 am - IP Logged

hopefully someone will replace jack whitaker as biggest jackpot winner ever because he is a disgrace to all people who love the lottery.....

danisiri's avatar - Avatar all_for_Jesus.jpg

United States
          Member #13684
          April 11, 2005
          77 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2005, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

hopefully someone will replace jack whitaker as biggest jackpot winner ever because he is a disgrace to all people who love the lottery.....

To paraphrase the cliche, the higher you are the harder the fall.  His downfall is unfortunate.  I am pretty sure that he never thought that he would become one of those lottery horror stories, but alas, money seems to do that to people who cannot control themselves.

As for the replacement for Jack as the biggest single jackpot winner, I would like to be the one to claim that title, especially if MM keeps rolling over and I hit the JP on the first drawing that includes CA!  Of course, I plan to be the most boring interviewee ever, so hopefully any publicity will die down quickly, and I can really turn to my purposes and plans for winning.

Now all I have to do is win...

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2005, 10:29 am - IP Logged

At least Jack chose cash.