Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

GA pick 4-Has anyone heard...?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
Alaska
United States
Member #16217
May 27, 2005
287 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2005, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

A friend of mine told me that she had heard that the Ga lottery was planning on adding a feature to the Cash 4 where you could win if you get 3 out of 4 numbers. Has anyone else heard this? If so does anyone know the details? Like how much someone would win getting 3 of 4? I don't know how many times I have been one number off. If this were truly the case I might just start playing this one again. -Bonnie

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2005, 8:45 am - IP Logged

A friend of mine told me that she had heard that the Ga lottery was planning on adding a feature to the Cash 4 where you could win if you get 3 out of 4 numbers. Has anyone else heard this? If so does anyone know the details? Like how much someone would win getting 3 of 4? I don't know how many times I have been one number off. If this were truly the case I might just start playing this one again. -Bonnie

Boy, that is hard to believe. The reason being is that there are wheels out there that can guarantee you 3 out of 4 digits on every draw (assuming no double or triple digits hit) using only about15 combinations.

Now the lottery commissions must know that. So it's hard to believe that they would go with somehing like that. They'd lose their shirts.....unless they stipulate that you have to get three of four in order. I can't believe they would allow something like that boxed.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Tang's avatar - abstract
      Atlanta, Georgia
      United States
      Member #465
      July 9, 2002
      2211 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2005, 8:57 am - IP Logged

I haven't heard anything but it would be nice or if she paid players for having the front/back pairs. She needs to do something to make the game more interesting for Cash 4 players.

Thanks for the info

Don't forget to flip those 6's/9's.

takeitez's avatar - japheth
        Carters Lake, Ga.
        United States
        Member #5313
        June 29, 2004
        1065 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2005, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Badger,

If they go front 3 or back 3, how would that affect the pay out?

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
          Alaska
          United States
          Member #16217
          May 27, 2005
          287 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2005, 10:43 am - IP Logged

I'm with you badger. When I do play, the most I play is about $5 worth of $.50 boxed plays but more often than not, I will end up with 3 of the numbers, though not in order. If they made it to where you could win on 3 boxed numbers, I would be making a killing. I don't think they would do that. I have also checked the GA lottery press releases on their website and I have found nothing about something like that. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard through the grapevine anything along those lines and what was the total deal to do with it. -Bonnie

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19828 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2005, 11:31 am - IP Logged

Boy, that is hard to believe. The reason being is that there are wheels out there that can guarantee you 3 out of 4 digits on every draw (assuming no double or triple digits hit) using only about15 combinations.

Now the lottery commissions must know that. So it's hard to believe that they would go with somehing like that. They'd lose their shirts.....unless they stipulate that you have to get three of four in order. I can't believe they would allow something like that boxed.

Badger,

Since 3of4 if no repeats can be covered with 14 lines, paying out $7 or less for a $1 bet would still be within the the 50% payout rule and affordable but probably would disappoint more players than it would attract.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
              Mid-Missouri
              United States
              Member #644
              August 31, 2002
              4271 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2005, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Howdy All,

If GA does go to that it will probably be like MO's. MO has front three/back three and they do have to be in order and the payout is the same as if you caught a Pick 3 /Cash 3 straight. It would probably pay $500 dollars, it is $600 here.

Later,

Bryan  :)

Hot-N-Spicy's avatar - littleapple
                Nassau
                Bahamas
                Member #9706
                December 17, 2004
                110 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2005, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

In The Bahamas we do that we call it front end and tail end

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
                  Mid-Missouri
                  United States
                  Member #644
                  August 31, 2002
                  4271 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2005, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to mention a while ago that the add-on, if it is to be, will cost you an extra buck to play. Any little add-on will cost an extra buck. I have included the MO P4 prize pay-out to give you a peek at what GA may be in for. Just click on the link and scroll down to the yellow section.

http://www.molottery.com/aboutourgames/howtowin/numbergames/pick4/pick4.shtm

Best of Luck,

tojacobs's avatar - army
                    decatur
                    Georgia
                    Member #1837
                    July 13, 2003
                    111 Posts
                    Posted: June 3, 2005, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I called the GA lottery office yesterday,and they stated that there are no plans in the works for 3 0f 4 winners

tj

Shawnintennesse's avatar - British Pint_414_.jpg
                      Springfield,Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #14006
                      April 19, 2005
                      3972 Posts
                      Posted: June 3, 2005, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to mention a while ago that the add-on, if it is to be, will cost you an extra buck to play. Any little add-on will cost an extra buck. I have included the MO P4 prize pay-out to give you a peek at what GA may be in for. Just click on the link and scroll down to the yellow section.

http://www.molottery.com/aboutourgames/howtowin/numbergames/pick4/pick4.shtm

Best of Luck,

Missouri dosent say anything about paying for 3 numbers.. 

Thats only if you play front 3 back 3..You have to know what three are going to come either side...

If it weren't for Vtracs and STXS where would we be?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: June 3, 2005, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

i wonder if they'll ever add that to the cash 4 in tennessee,probably not....