Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Todd's outdone himself again!!

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 12 years ago by honey bee.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
konane's avatar - wallace
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #1265
March 13, 2003
3333 Posts
Posted: May 31, 2005, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

Check out the calendar drop down on the prediction page.  Fantastic when you want to find out previous days to years predictions.

Totally awesome addition!!  Thank You Todd!! 

Good luck to everyone!

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
    Alaska
    United States
    Member #16217
    May 27, 2005
    287 Posts
    Posted: June 1, 2005, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Ummm...it's not working for me. Am I doing something wrong? -Bonnie

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23273 Posts
      Posted: June 1, 2005, 12:05 am - IP Logged

Thanks Konane.  I posted an entry in the Change Log showing some of the new stuff there.  As a bonus to Gold and Platinum members (always trying to increase the bang for the buck), you can now view the entire predictions history, all the way back to the first predictions registered on February 7, 2004.  (A total of about 13 million numbers predicted during that period, and all online, available in an instant.)

(Standard free members don't lose any abilities - I have only added capabilities for premium members as a big "thank you" for supporting this web site.)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31360 Posts
        Posted: June 1, 2005, 12:12 am - IP Logged

thank you todd

love to nibble those micey feet.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: June 1, 2005, 12:16 am - IP Logged

Todd, what is the name of the board software used prior to this one? And is the current one just an upgrade, or a different program? The older one seemed to work better for me.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Alaska
            United States
            Member #16217
            May 27, 2005
            287 Posts
            Posted: June 1, 2005, 12:19 am - IP Logged

Ok I really hate to be a pill but this is still not working for me. I know that as a standard member I can only look at the past 10 days and the next 6 days. I am trying to get back to yesterday and it won't let me. I think I may be the only person who uses linux on this site so I am wondering if it has something to do with that. Help! -Bonnie

Atlanta, GA
              United States
              Member #1265
              March 13, 2003
              3333 Posts
              Posted: June 1, 2005, 12:26 am - IP Logged

Ok I really hate to be a pill but this is still not working for me. I know that as a standard member I can only look at the past 10 days and the next 6 days. I am trying to get back to yesterday and it won't let me. I think I may be the only person who uses linux on this site so I am wondering if it has something to do with that. Help! -Bonnie

The latest version of Internet Explorer works best on this site. 

I'm having a problem with the same thing you are on Firefox.  However, Todd will iron out the rough spots and get it working soon.  He always does!! 

Good luck to everyone!

Alaska
                United States
                Member #16217
                May 27, 2005
                287 Posts
                Posted: June 1, 2005, 12:31 am - IP Logged

That is good to hear/read. Unfortunately since I use Linux, Internet explorer is not an option for me. Thanks. -Bonnie

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23273 Posts
                  Posted: June 1, 2005, 2:01 am - IP Logged

The Firefox issue for those pages should be fixed.

In the process of fixing this problem, I discovered a Firefox BUG (which caused the problem that I had to work around).

Anyway, another point I'd like to make is that if this took a while this evening to fix, it's not because it was all that hard to fix (it took about 15 minutes total) -- it's that nobody tells me what the problem is.

If you (not singling any one person out here, just making a general statement) have a problem with a page, write me a private message and provide lots of detail about what browser you use, what page (the URL) that the problem was on, and exactly what happened, step-by-step.  I can't tell you how much quicker things would be turned around if this were the case.

Sometimes I find out that someone has been living with a bug for months, and simply never took one minute to tell me about it, so they kept working around something that could be easily fixed.  I am one person, so I can't find everything myself (or I'd be testing everything for days before releasing it, and that would not be good for progress).

Please test to be sure you're able to use the calendar in Firefox now.  Thanks.

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23273 Posts
                    Posted: June 1, 2005, 2:08 am - IP Logged

The latest version of Internet Explorer works best on this site. 

I'm having a problem with the same thing you are on Firefox.  However, Todd will iron out the rough spots and get it working soon.  He always does!! 

Konane,

You're right about IE working pretty well, in that it is pretty forgiving when there are coding errors.  However, it is starting to be the case that for regular look & feel, Firefox surpasses IE in some key areas, mainly those dealing with consistent use of CSS style sheets.

For example, in every message thread on the forums, in IE you'll notice a 2 pixel-wide white space between the author's name block and the little message header that says what time the message was posted.  In Firefox, that little white space doesn't exist - the author block runs together with the header.

Firefox is displaying the format as I intended to show it.  There is some kind of bug in IE, in which those two blocks absolutely refuse to connect to each other, no matter what I tired.  So I just gave up and I'm living with that little space there.

It's a small thing, but that happens a lot.  I spent a lot of time specially coding certain parts of the web site just to make it work in IE.

Microsoft is claiming that version 7 of IE will be totally W3C standards compliant, which will be just awesome for webmasters.  It should make the job of web design work much better across browsers.

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23273 Posts
                      Posted: June 1, 2005, 2:10 am - IP Logged

Todd, what is the name of the board software used prior to this one? And is the current one just an upgrade, or a different program? The older one seemed to work better for me.

All Lottery Post forum software is custom coded by me.  I don't use pre-packaged software.

While I appreciate feedback greatly, I cannot possibly try to improve anything with generic comments that do not provide any detail.  On the contrary, members will tell you that if you provide detailed feedback, I am very responsive.

Atlanta, GA
                        United States
                        Member #1265
                        March 13, 2003
                        3333 Posts
                        Posted: June 1, 2005, 6:26 am - IP Logged

Todd:  "For example, in every message thread on the forums, in IE you'll notice a 2 pixel-wide white space between the author's name block and the little message header that says what time the message was posted.  In Firefox, that little white space doesn't exist - the author block runs together with the header."

Yes, I know the devil is in the details but until you mentioned it I NEVER  noticed that white spot. 

My concern is more with navigation and security on a site which has not been a real problem here! 

Now if I can just learn to build my webpage to be able to relink the little Ho Ti Buddha as part of my signature then life will be indeed fine!  That's a steep learning curve on my part but quit and fail have never been part of my vocabulary!

Thank you again for all your work!!

Good luck to everyone!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: June 1, 2005, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

All Lottery Post forum software is custom coded by me.  I don't use pre-packaged software.

While I appreciate feedback greatly, I cannot possibly try to improve anything with generic comments that do not provide any detail.  On the contrary, members will tell you that if you provide detailed feedback, I am very responsive.

Thanks Todd.

I was just asking because I wanted to use it, but since it's custom coded, I'll look for an alternative. I wasn't making a complaint against the site. No worries.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                            Clarkston, Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #76
                            January 6, 2002
                            8528 Posts
                            Posted: June 1, 2005, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

pretty kewl Todd.......thank you!!

Sandy

honey bee's avatar - animaniacs40
                              VA.
                              United States