Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 12 years ago by NewClub.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Saleo Paleo's avatar - Trek DS9worm3.gif
E-Town,Ky
United States
Member #3493
January 25, 2004
6348 Posts
Posted: June 7, 2005, 9:52 pm - IP Logged

If you ever find a lottery system that makes money or even pays for itself, you won't have to worry about finding investors, if fact there are people who would buy that system and do all the investing themselves.

RJOh

Rjoh, There is no perfect sysyem that will pay for itself,It is just a game of chance and luck and there will never be one.When you play you are just taking another chance.in this world of luck and misfortune.

Saleo Paleo    

E-Town,Ky
    United States
    Member #3493
    January 25, 2004
    6348 Posts
    Posted: June 7, 2005, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

If you ever find a lottery system that makes money or even pays for itself, you won't have to worry about finding investors, if fact there are people who would buy that system and do all the investing themselves.

RJOh

In a large jackpot game, the odds are heavily skewed against the secondary prizes so that the top prize grows larger and attracts more player.  Under those conditions, the profitability of the system also depends on how well capitalized you are.  You know that the odds of the largest prize is perhaps 130 million to 1.  If your system can improve your odds by 100-fold, the odds are still 1.3 million to 1.  If you're capitalized as such that you can invest $ 450 per drawing, the odds are you'll get a hit within 3 years playing twice a week.  The next question becomes how much of a drawdown on this investment is expected to occur during the course of waiting for the big payoff and how committed the investors are to the system.  i would guess that in addition to someone who'll act as an accountant there would need to be a legal agreement among the partners.

There would have to be Legal documents for all parteners to sign and abide by, and a very good Bookkeeper or an Accountant. 

Saleo Paleo    

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: June 7, 2005, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Saleo Paleo,

I've read all your posts and now I'm confused.

"I would be willing to invest $30.00 to $40.00 per month If we could find enough people to invest and someone who would be willing to be over the buying of the Tickets and do the paperwork involved.and draw up the necessary documents for each invester.there is a very good potential of winning with enough tickets bought."

"After Initial investments it should pay for itself,getting enough people and the right person to take care of the finances and picking the #'s, but that is the problem getting the investors and the perfect perso to take care of the finances."

"There is no perfect sysyem that will pay for itself,It is just a game of chance and luck and there will never be one.When you play you are just taking another chance.in this world of luck and misfortune."

"There would have to be Legal documents for all parteners to sign and abide by, and a very good Bookkeeper or an Accountant"

Are you saying you can win if you buy enough tickets with a system or are you saying it just luck no matter the number of ticket or the system?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

E-Town,Ky
        United States
        Member #3493
        January 25, 2004
        6348 Posts
        Posted: June 8, 2005, 6:50 am - IP Logged

Saleo Paleo,

I've read all your posts and now I'm confused.

"I would be willing to invest $30.00 to $40.00 per month If we could find enough people to invest and someone who would be willing to be over the buying of the Tickets and do the paperwork involved.and draw up the necessary documents for each invester.there is a very good potential of winning with enough tickets bought."

"After Initial investments it should pay for itself,getting enough people and the right person to take care of the finances and picking the #'s, but that is the problem getting the investors and the perfect perso to take care of the finances."

"There is no perfect sysyem that will pay for itself,It is just a game of chance and luck and there will never be one.When you play you are just taking another chance.in this world of luck and misfortune."

"There would have to be Legal documents for all parteners to sign and abide by, and a very good Bookkeeper or an Accountant"

Are you saying you can win if you buy enough tickets with a system or are you saying it just luck no matter the number of ticket or the system?

RJOh

I think you can win both ways,but it is mainly a game of pure luck and chance.I don't think the states that have the lottery will ever let any one system work,long enough to win very much,but that is just my opinion I could be wrong.The only way you could be sure to win would be to buy up all the odds on lets say the PB or MM which would be in the millions,but I still love to play and still try to beat the odds.

Saleo Paleo    

United States
          Member #12495
          March 15, 2005
          76 Posts
          Posted: June 8, 2005, 7:28 am - IP Logged

RJOh

In a large jackpot game, the odds are heavily skewed against the secondary prizes so that the top prize grows larger and attracts more player.  Under those conditions, the profitability of the system also depends on how well capitalized you are.  You know that the odds of the largest prize is perhaps 130 million to 1.  If your system can improve your odds by 100-fold, the odds are still 1.3 million to 1.  If you're capitalized as such that you can invest $ 450 per drawing, the odds are you'll get a hit within 3 years playing twice a week.  The next question becomes how much of a drawdown on this investment is expected to occur during the course of waiting for the big payoff and how committed the investors are to the system.  i would guess that in addition to someone who'll act as an accountant there would need to be a legal agreement among the partners.

lchono, if you have that system, how about I invest 1.3 million per draw every time jackpot is over 80 million? Wink Then your share of $450 will still give you 28 thousand in prize.

In fact, I will feel very luck if I can find a system that double or triple the odds. The one I am using now can only increase the odds by 25%.