Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Circle of Opportunity

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 12 years ago by urug2000.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #637
August 28, 2002
80 Posts
Posted: June 8, 2005, 10:40 am - IP Logged

I have read much about what various persons would do if they won a major Jackpot.  There is a wide variey of purchases, travels, charities, relatives, etc., etc., etc.  This all strikes me as typical cross-representation of all that is American, and that is good, very good!

As you all probably know, I have arrived at the time in life that I do not have a lot of' 'IS' to look forward to, but I have a helluva lot of 'was' look back at!  I suppose it is appropriate now to recall that after I posted my 'bio-sketch' one LP member awarded me the title of BULL GOOSE.  I recall that there was a LP member named GOOSE who  kicked off of Lottery Post.  I also realize that there is quite a bit of BULL that is kicked around on LP.  While I cannot figuire out how or why I filful these two together.- Thanks, all compliments appreciated.

My approach to this whole matter, I suspect, is a bit differemt than most members.  I do not have a computer program.  I use only excel, and I use that really as a database.  I have designed several graphs, charts, forms, etc. that I use to study the numbers.  I try to corral these numbers in groupings that will translate their sdituation into an idea to me as what to do ... yes, play that number or not.  I do not have a computer program so there is no 'code' to crack.

To illustrate this, on drawing no. 318. 5/31/05, all 5 numbers drawn were in my number pool.  From that pool of numbers, I selected numbers for 10 games.  All 5 of the drawn numbers were 'hits'.  The problem is that only 2 lines had 2 numbers together.  This is my current problem, and I suspect that many members can identify with this situation.

All of this leads to the main entry --- what will I do when I win a jackpot?  This is segment one and I am breaking here because this is rather lengthy - will continue in a second post.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23349 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2005, 10:47 am - IP Logged

Interesting.  How large is your number pool within which the five numbers hit?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8392 Posts
      Posted: June 8, 2005, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Urug2000 Wrote: To illustrate this, on drawing no. 318. 5/31/05, all 5 numbers drawn were in my number pool.  From that pool of numbers, I selected numbers for 10 games.  All 5 of the drawn numbers were 'hits'.  The problem is that only 2 lines had 2 numbers together.  This is my current problem, and I suspect that many members can identify with this situation.

this does happen to a lot of us. in order for you to get all 5 numbers on the same line you need to have one or two things happen. put all the right numbers on one line or play enough tickets so all your numbers appear on one line. A 54 dollar wheel might cover most of your numbers. this is the big problem most of us have we can't afford to play a 300 dollar wheel so we have to hope to trap the numbers on the least amount of tickets to accomplish the task. Are you playin LiL lotto or some other game.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
        Beautiful Florida
        United States
        Member #5709
        July 18, 2004
        20233 Posts
        Posted: June 8, 2005, 11:06 am - IP Logged

a way that i have eliminated some of my problem that you have , was to expand my number pool , and then filter out the unwanted numbers in a wheel, using a "full wheel", or a "key wheel"  that is available here at LP.  Give it a try, it might iridicate some of your problems also.....            good luck.! 

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23349 Posts
          Posted: June 8, 2005, 11:14 am - IP Logged

Maddog, good point.  On the full wheels, all Gold and Platinum members can access the powerful built-in filtering abilities on the Lottery Post Full Wheels pages.  Not sure if you have tried them yet, but might be a nice way to do the filtering and wheeling in one step.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8392 Posts
            Posted: June 8, 2005, 11:19 am - IP Logged

tracking tracking and more tracking ... track the numbers that come out in your state mix hot and lukewarm numbers in your pool. Don't put numbers that aren't hitting in your pool. in a 5/39 number game put numbers from 9 to 32 in your pool. look at the history and find hot numbers that haven't hit in 7 to 10 days these are the luke warm numbers. Mix them with numbers that hit 2/3 days ago. good luck. If you play/wheel 12 numbers on 10 tickets you might trap the numbers but most likley you get 2 or 3 numbers on 2 or 3 tickets. In order to get more chances you need to wheel the numbers on more tickets. Or play two different sets of 12 numbers. Each wheel/set containing 12 different numbers. This way it's like wheeling 24 out 39. Try and make tickets that contain 3 even and 2 odd or 3 odd and 2 even.  

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
              Beautiful Florida
              United States
              Member #5709
              July 18, 2004
              20233 Posts
              Posted: June 8, 2005, 11:19 am - IP Logged

I've used them, and it's helped me tremendously...!  especially on the "full wheel" the filtering is a key asset.  If you haven't up-graded, the money verses time, and unlimited possibilities are well worth it.    Period...! 

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19896 Posts
                Posted: June 8, 2005, 12:19 pm - IP Logged

I don't know which pick5 game you're playing, but I play the Ohio Rolling Cash5 and the odds of having 2 of the winning numbers in one line is 1:10 no matter how you pick your numbers because you're dealing with a pool of 39 numbers.  If you wanted similar odds of 3 numbers being in one line, you would have to reduce the pool size to 18 numbers or less and that's a lot of numbers to eliminate without eliminating one of the winning numbers.

RJOh   

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #637
                  August 28, 2002
                  80 Posts
                  Posted: June 8, 2005, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Thanks everyone for the informative responses.  I have picked up from you a couple of idean I want to explore.

Todd:  On that drawing date my first number pool was 40.  This is generally consistant because that initial pool ranges from lower 30's to lower 40's.  From that 40 group I selected 32 numvbers from my number selection sheet.

Please understand that I am not very in to wheels.  I have not worked with wheels or studied them enough to make the best use of them.

Now on to Segment number 2.

The number 5 seems to intimidate my life.  I have 5 daughters - 2 blood and 3 step.  At the outset each would be awarded equally.  There are 5 churches which have in some way touched my life over the years. They willl each get a substantial gift, or a trust fund fund will be established benefiting all. This will be decided in a meetinhg with the reps of each church.  There are some others, and would depend upon there being enough millions in the jackpot (for example: 91M in the PB jackpot of 5/28/05).

THEN! I want to walk into our local Voluntary Fire Department and say, "Chief,if you had all of your druthers, which would you choose: anew, latest, state of the art, fully equipped, Fire Engine; or the same for an EMS  Ambulance?"  Can you imagine how many lives would be "touched" over the coming years?

AND THEN!! (and maybe before with a lower prize).  Remember I spoke above of the number 5 seeming to intimidate my life.  There are 5 games on each game card.  5 numbers are drawn for each game.  Now, taking 5 as my cue, I will share my good fortune with my 5 daughters and 5 members of Lottery Post.  My first choice of LP members is Todd.  I have decided on the remaining 4 members and will announce them upon winning 2nd tier or higher prize.

And here is how it will work.  When I win a $5,000 or larger prize, I will at least double my monthly MM/PB budget of $150.  I will continue to select numbers for 10 games, as I now do, for each MM and PB game.  I will play the 10 numbers as I now do, and then donate 5 of the number sets to LP members and 5 of the number sets to my daughters.

Now I feel like we have a win - win situation.  If I win a prize, so does one of you.  If I win the jackpot, it will be split between me and one of you (providing there is no additional jackpot winners.

BUT REMEMBER !  There is no guarantee of wins or rewards of any kind.  Also, I will not at this point in time reveal any information pertaining to how the numbers are selected.

Details on handling your tickets and getting them to you or you to them will be worked out jointly later.

LOOKING FORWARD> > > > >

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: June 9, 2005, 6:58 am - IP Logged

good luck!!

United States
                      Member #637
                      August 28, 2002
                      80 Posts
                      Posted: June 9, 2005, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Sitting in the Laboratory today waiting to have my head examined, it dawned on me that I overlooked responding to RJOH's question on which games I play.  I live in Fenwick Island area of Delaware which is across the street from Ocean City, MD.  I am only a block or to from Power Ball ticket agents and about 3 miles from Mega.Million ticket agents.  I therefore, play both BP and MM.  No others.