Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Added State Lottery Report Card

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 11 years ago by konane.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lottobrain's avatar - box
Smyrna, DE
United States
Member #10074
January 1, 2005
125 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2005, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Recently I was discussing lottery play with a KY player and after going to the Kentucky Lottery website and looking up the numbers that had his this year, I was surprised to see how many numbers seemed to repeat during a week and how many triples had hit there so far this year. It made me feel that perhaps the day draw was by RNG and therefore, it was like having two separate pick 3 games in the state which I thought might account for the increase in the triples. In the first 5 months of 2005 thre have been 6 triples.....0s, 1s, 2s, 3s, 4, and 7s. I tried to do a little research there and couldn't verify anything, but after seeing Todd's posting of the results of all state lotteries, I see that both day and night draws in KY are by ball machines.  Since the law of averages would say a triple once in 100 draws, this is pretty amazing.......5 months at apprx. 60 draws per month = 300 draws/6 trips= 1 in every 50 draws!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23267 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Recently I was discussing lottery play with a KY player and after going to the Kentucky Lottery website and looking up the numbers that had his this year, I was surprised to see how many numbers seemed to repeat during a week and how many triples had hit there so far this year. It made me feel that perhaps the day draw was by RNG and therefore, it was like having two separate pick 3 games in the state which I thought might account for the increase in the triples. In the first 5 months of 2005 thre have been 6 triples.....0s, 1s, 2s, 3s, 4, and 7s. I tried to do a little research there and couldn't verify anything, but after seeing Todd's posting of the results of all state lotteries, I see that both day and night draws in KY are by ball machines.  Since the law of averages would say a triple once in 100 draws, this is pretty amazing.......5 months at apprx. 60 draws per month = 300 draws/6 trips= 1 in every 50 draws!

Now, try to imagine what would happen if it were a computerized drawing: the lottery would see that strange result and the programmers would start tinkering with the drawing algorithm to make sure it doesn't happen that way again.  Something like "it's not random enough!"  The nightmares of computerized drawings....

With a true lottery drawing, we can just sit back and enjoy the oddness of true randomness! Big Grin

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: June 14, 2005, 6:31 am - IP Logged

lets put an end to computerized drawings,its really great triples are hitting in kentucky....the beauty of ball drawings,the players benefit!

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23267 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2005, 9:57 am - IP Logged

Sadly, I had to add the three regional Western Canada games to the computerized drawings category, bringing their overall grade down to a D.

Like so many computerized drawing states, if not for the national (or multi-state) games, they would be 100% computerized.

konane's avatar - wallace
          Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #1265
          March 13, 2003
          3333 Posts
          Posted: June 21, 2005, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Georgia has Quick Cash an online Keno game which is computerized.

1.It's easy! First, get a Quick Cash playslip from any Quick Cash retailer. Mark the box corresponding to the dollar amount you wish to play per draw in Section 1.

2.Next, choose how many numbers (spots) you want to play in Section 2.

3.Then, in Section 3, pickup to 10 numbers from a field of 1 through 80. Make sure you pick the same quantity of numbers that you chose in Section 2. Or choose the Quik Pik option.

4.Then, mark the box corresponding to the number of consecutive draws you wish to play in Section 4. Hand your completed playslip and money to the Quick Cash retailer.

5.Every 4 minutes, 20 numbers from the field of 1 through 80 are selected and displayed on the Quick Cash monitor.

6.You win based on how many numbers you match each draw.

http://www.galottery.com/stc/games/quickCashKeno.jsp?focus=games

Good luck to everyone!

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23267 Posts
            Posted: June 21, 2005, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

Konane,

It is assumed, by way of logistics, that 4-minute Keno games are all going to be computerized.  I don't think there's any expectation that human beings are going to work like Lucy in a candy factory to draw the lottery balls, quickly set the up again, and run the drawing again -- all day long.

Maybe others could offer different opinions on this, but my opinion is that the existence of a computerized 4-minute Keno game is not a negative when evaluating a lottery, as long as the standard daily lottery games are drawn using a real lottery machine.  In fact, I would rather look on the offering of 4-minute Keno as a positive factor, in that the lottery is offering additional game options, without sacrificing the quality or quantity of daily games.

Any other opinions?

United States
              Member #1826
              July 11, 2003
              2645 Posts
              Posted: June 21, 2005, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

The bottom line is that balls should be used whenever practical. Every 4 minutes isn't practical, unfortunately, for balls to be used.

(insert signature here)

konane's avatar - wallace
                Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #1265
                March 13, 2003
                3333 Posts
                Posted: June 21, 2005, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Konane,

It is assumed, by way of logistics, that 4-minute Keno games are all going to be computerized.  I don't think there's any expectation that human beings are going to work like Lucy in a candy factory to draw the lottery balls, quickly set the up again, and run the drawing again -- all day long.

Maybe others could offer different opinions on this, but my opinion is that the existence of a computerized 4-minute Keno game is not a negative when evaluating a lottery, as long as the standard daily lottery games are drawn using a real lottery machine.  In fact, I would rather look on the offering of 4-minute Keno as a positive factor, in that the lottery is offering additional game options, without sacrificing the quality or quantity of daily games.

Any other opinions?

Love your synopsis!!  ROFL  ROFL  ROFL    You're absolutely correct!!

Good luck to everyone!