Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how do you pick your lotto number

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Mouche.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #5453
July 5, 2004
135 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2005, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

i have been a member for almost a year. if you look at my post # is low . you can say i am not that active . still a newbie in the lottery game

any tips or advise you can give . in terms of number selection

what do you use  to select your number

trends , pattern , every 30 draws , 10 draws , math , any system

Lithia Springs
    United States
    Member #12772
    March 22, 2005
    553 Posts
    Posted: June 15, 2005, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

i have been a member for almost a year. if you look at my post # is low . you can say i am not that active . still a newbie in the lottery game

any tips or advise you can give . in terms of number selection

what do you use  to select your number

trends , pattern , every 30 draws , 10 draws , math , any system

fyi911, hunches, dreams and a little luck, thats how I get my numbers.  My dreams is the most reliably.  Hunches, for example, your member # is 5551 that is a beginning, try playing it in P4 games in your state.

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
      Alaska
      United States
      Member #16217
      May 27, 2005
      287 Posts
      Posted: June 15, 2005, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I use a number of ways to pick my numbers. None of them any better than others. I win a few, lose a few. But here are a few ways. I ask my kids for numbers, tag numbers of cars in the parking lot of the store I'm going to. Sometimes I look up and the time on the clock will make me go "Aha!" and I'll play it. I have one cash 3 system that half way works and I chose numbers from that. I use birthdays, numbers with special meaning in the Bible. Hot numbers, cold numbers, over due numbers. And quick picks. Believe me I have tried alot of things. I am still looking for the best system for myself. It is a process that is continually changing.

Just look around where you are sitting right now. I'll bet there are numbers all over the place. Sitting right here at my desk there is a box of disks, 1.44 mb. 144? Cash 3? There is a piece of paper with a phone #, 5768. Cash 4? There is a book I got at a thrift store with a .25 price sticker. May be a number in the pick 5?  A Cd player with this inscribed on the top. 45 second esp. What ever that means. Could that be one of the LottoSouth or MegaMillions numbers? I am tired and I am rambling but I hope this helps you to just take a look around if nothing else. Numbers are everywhere. -Bonnie

Amsterdam
        Netherlands
        Member #17942
        June 30, 2005
        25 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2005, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Hi!

I am a new member as well and I love to play with patterns as a layman though (no mathemetical background). I have been successful on paper, but I still have to win the bucks (will keep you informed). What I do is look at the past 17 draws (in Dutch lottery, approx. 90% of the numbers in the current draw can be found in the last 17). Look at repeaters, overlaps etc. Lotto Logix has some interesting articles (Lottery Concepts) on recognizing mathematical patterns.

To elaborate what I do I will use this example of the last 2 draws of the Dutch lottery:

15 - 24 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 37 (B:14)

2 - 9 - 19 - 37 - 44 - 45 (B:33).

I had correctly predicted 2 numbers, 9 and 19, to be derived from the first 2 numbers of the previous draw: 15 + 24 and 24 - 15 gives ..9 in both instances. Often the sum of the previous numbers and sometimes the deduction can be used as an important indicator (but also think of the overlaps ..8 and 10. I use a pick 5 26 number wheel with one key number (which must be correct to have a solid profit). Furthermore, look at the bonus ball and of course the numbers in the last draw. 14 leads to 44, 45, so do 15 and 24. 30 also leads to 19 (10, 20, 40 minus 1). 31 and 32 lead to 2 and 24 reverse (42) also leads to 2. By the way 2, 9 and 19 were relative cold numbers. 37 was difficult, it repeated itself for the 4th time! I dont say it is easy, also look at the patterns in the divisions. You may have the last digits alright, but the whole number counts of course. Still, with a wheel of 26 numbers this should work out. It is a bit expensive my way of doing this *337 lines*. Look at the wheels page of Lottery Post for different wheels and try some of this on paper...

Good Luck!

empassioned1's avatar - abns7
          Saint Louis, Missouri
          United States
          Member #17000
          June 9, 2005
          46 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2005, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

Picking numbers for the lottery can take many forms.  If you've been reading the "systems" forum currently we're doing some fun work with the "Union Jack" method for Pick3 Lotto.  We've even developed some pretty good Excel files that do much if not all of the work based on this method for you. 

What I'm doing is more toward developing trends and patterns RATHER than whims and hunches.  I'd like to do some statistical analysis of the formulas and see where they take me.  Using the Union Jack Mon-Sun gives me three to five times the number of hits (boxed) than the recommended method by the original creator (Atomic Dog).  Using the Sat-Fri method gives me much fewer, but MORE consistent patterns I can follow.  So it's a toss up, and I'm going to follow both on paper until I build up about 500 dollars to enjoy a few weeks of testing my "own theories" for FUN. 

And thats the whole idea behind the lottery.  The thrill is the win, the fun is the chance to win and attempting to "beat the odds".  Sadly, some folks go way too far and feed the state's coffers more than their fair share.  Certainly my dear father has, and without ANY system whatsoever!  I am playing on paper right now, figuring out one system at a time and enjoying myself immensely.  And by all means, when the need arises and confusion sets in, ASK QUESTIONS here.  The majority of the people here have the same helpful mentality to get everyone on the same page--Winning!

Now on an inspiring note, had I played the Pick3 numbers my Excel sheet spit out for this week, I'd be 700 dollars richer as 209 came in straight and it was twice in the Union Jack calculations.  Just makes me more excited to keep working at it.

C.K.

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, let me see you without the shades drawn

What's a Hades Bunny?  Well let's just say you don't wanna be jumpin' over MY back fence.  But hey, you ain't afraid a lil white rabbit now are ya?

Amsterdam
            Netherlands
            Member #17942
            June 30, 2005
            25 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2005, 8:42 pm - IP Logged

Too bad we dont have 3 picks in Holland! I very much enjoy Lottery Post, nice people! What do you think of my "analytical approach" of the 2 lines above?

Kind regards,

Mouche