Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 8:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

For $2 a day I assure on 2/15/06 PK3 Win

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by MollyG.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wisconsin
United States
Member #15566
May 17, 2005
24 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2005, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Had alot of time today at my pathetically monotomous job to think and came up with this idea.  Instead of spending $2 a day on a pick 3 ticket, I just put said $2 everyday in a jar, I am guarenteed $500 by Feb 15 of '06.  So then I took this line of thinking a bit farther,  say at that point I still feel like playing Pick 3...  If I played my $2 a day but still put the money in my jar... choose my numbers based on my state lottory and if I win I pay myself.  Yes this would definately require some discipline.  But just think of the 51.2% I would NOT be paying to the state goverment.  I went with my caculations a bit further.  Say I did this for 25 years, everyday $2, If I win I pay myself, if I lose the money stays in the jar, or better yet a bank account.  I figured that in 25 years if I stayed close to the win/lose odds of 48.2%  after 25 years (based on 2% interest)  I would have a bit over $13,000!!!!    that is  money that I did not pay to play, but I still played!!!  Does anyone like my line of thinking or do ya think I am nuts???

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20238 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2005, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Acupuncture 

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2005, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Had alot of time today at my pathetically monotomous job to think and came up with this idea.  Instead of spending $2 a day on a pick 3 ticket, I just put said $2 everyday in a jar, I am guarenteed $500 by Feb 15 of '06.  So then I took this line of thinking a bit farther,  say at that point I still feel like playing Pick 3...  If I played my $2 a day but still put the money in my jar... choose my numbers based on my state lottory and if I win I pay myself.  Yes this would definately require some discipline.  But just think of the 51.2% I would NOT be paying to the state goverment.  I went with my caculations a bit further.  Say I did this for 25 years, everyday $2, If I win I pay myself, if I lose the money stays in the jar, or better yet a bank account.  I figured that in 25 years if I stayed close to the win/lose odds of 48.2%  after 25 years (based on 2% interest)  I would have a bit over $13,000!!!!    that is  money that I did not pay to play, but I still played!!!  Does anyone like my line of thinking or do ya think I am nuts???

wow.. what do you do for a living to do that much thinking?

I have cut way back on my playing and doing better too...

I think I will just match what I play.. that will keep cost down a bit and I will still have money in the end..

I already save all my winnings for vacations.. 

Poway CA (San Diego County)
        United States
        Member #3489
        January 25, 2004
        14120 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2005, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Just put 1 cent into a big water bottle and double it each day.  You can retire in one month.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2005, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

Just put 1 cent into a big water bottle and double it each day.  You can retire in one month.

I am not rich enough for that one..  The community would have to help out there..

FloridaGirl's avatar - Lottery-025.jpg
            Ft lauderdale , florida
            United States
            Member #4606
            May 7, 2004
            220 Posts
            Posted: June 11, 2005, 1:45 am - IP Logged

To dboz7

I don't smoke and I don't drink.  So the money that i am saving up in smoke , i enjoyed  using it  thinking that i might someday hit big.  So i do put my  $ 2 or    $ 5  a day in a chance to that dream. 

Florida Girl

gilla's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #566
              August 13, 2002
              2453 Posts
              Posted: June 11, 2005, 2:14 am - IP Logged

Acupuncture 

Green laugh

gilla

North Carolina
                United States
                Member #4313
                April 11, 2004
                2389 Posts
                Posted: June 11, 2005, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Thank you Florida Girl...you sumed it up for me too. Sounds like Dboz7 need to hunt around and find another forum of some kind. Maybe a piggy bank forum. 

Gentlespirit
                'Be Loving and Peaceful'Blue Angel

wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #15566
                  May 17, 2005
                  24 Posts
                  Posted: June 11, 2005, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

No dont take me too wrong.  I am taking my flyer tonight on WI megabucks (pick 6 with about 1.5M jack) and a PowerBall ticket, them are my "to dream on tickets"  what I was saying above is about the Pick 3 game, unless I can come up with a proven system, it seems like the only way to play it and come out ahead is how I outlined above.  I guess if I am going to risk my dollars, I want to reward ratio a bit higher than $500.

MollyG's avatar - happy
                    TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                    United States
                    Member #9019
                    November 25, 2004
                    523 Posts
                    Posted: June 12, 2005, 12:16 am - IP Logged

dboz7, I don't think you're nuts. I think your message should give us all something to think about. I, myself, have been contributing to the state for a long time. I am definately not ahead of the game, no where near being even.  This year, alone, I have won $40 and here it is....June 11....almost half a year gone.  Not very good....huh?

I like the first part of your message and if I can discipline myself, I may start putting the money aside and not play.  You know how it is, we always think "if I don't play, I can't win....maybe the next draw will be my numbers..."

Oh well, there's a lot of "die-hard players" here and I'm not trying to influence ANY of them....strickly speaking for myself.  As it stands, the Texas lottery is the pits...they are under investigation currently, by the Tx Attorney General,  for false advertisement of the Lotto jackpot.  So, therefore, it should be easy for me to heed your words and not contribute anymore.

Thanks

MollyG