Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Design A Game Contest: $4200 in Prizes

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
Member #4416
April 22, 2004
1075 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2005, 9:13 am - IP Logged

I was checking the Hoosier Lottery website for draw results on the Hoosier Lotto game when I noticed that they're having a "Design A Game" 2005 Contest. I did a topic search here and I'm quite surprised that there has been no mention of it on these boards.

It seems fairly simple. All you have to do is submit a graphic design for a new pull-tab or scratch-off game along with the name of your game and how it works. You don't necessarily have to be blessed with artistic ability because they're mainly looking for originality, game format, overall appeal, and appropriateness of the game.

The prize structure is $2000 for first place, $1000 for second place, $500 for third place, and $100 each for fourth through tenth places. The contest deadline is June 26th so you'll need to jump right on it if you plan to enter. Entries can be submitted electronically or in hard copy. Anybody of age 18 or older can enter. Complete details are available on the Hoosier Lottery website.

I've seen discussions here in the past where members came up with some very good ideas for instant games. Here's a chance to get paid for those ideas. It would be way cool to see Lottery Post's members represented among the winners of this contest. Let us know if you plan to enter, and be sure to brag if you win a prize. LOL

Good luck,

aye'

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
    Member #4416
    April 22, 2004
    1075 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2005, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

I really didn't think I'd be one to enter this contest, but I haven't been able to get it out of my head all day for some reason. Well, a good idea finally came to mind. I think I have a rather original concept for a scratch-off game that should have very broad appeal, so I'll definitely be entering. Maybe my idea will be good enough to land me a chunk of that prize money. That $2000 first prize would sure be nice. Now, all I have to do is muster my lackluster artistic abilities to come up with a picture of the scratch-off ticket for my winning idea. I've got the picture in my head. I just need to create it on my computer or draw it by hand.

Wish me luck, and good luck to any of the rest of you who might enter.

aye'

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: July 1, 2005, 6:42 am - IP Logged

good luck aye

United States
        Member #18266
        July 8, 2005
        4 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2005, 8:51 am - IP Logged

Aye

Do you happen to know how many people entered this contest?

Are you in the final 10?

Jam 

Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2005, 5:29 am - IP Logged

i was wondering that myself.....

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2005, 5:30 am - IP Logged

i just hope the contest isn't rigged like the other games in indy....