Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 1:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PA scratches- get the itch!

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4575 Posts
Posted: June 18, 2005, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

As more of a small player on the scratch off games, I took the liberty to visit my near and dear neighbor states. I was completely shocked as I am used to max win values on tickets. Deleware, Maryland and New Jersey run more of the nickel and dime stradegy. More wins but at small jackpots. Not nearly as inticing as the PA scratch offs. On one of the Maryland scratch offs the top prize was $77. What is up with that? I don't begrudge states for wanting means to fund worthy state run programs, but gosh, where is the incintive to play.I'm glad to get the itch and keep scratchin in PA. I enjoy the variety of $1, $2, and $5 dollar games. Top Prizes are still *incintive* driven. Overall Im seeing a dwindling of Top prizes in favor of more nickel and dime style payoffs, Is this to be a trend of the future ? Is there a good side to this stradegy of smaller payoffs for more people?

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: June 18, 2005, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

That's one of my peeves about PA scratchers. Sure the top prize is enticing, but like I'm going to win it. Sure it could happen, but then again I could marry a supermodel, have a baby, and then raise that baby to be the best President/CEO ConAgra ever had. In other words, not that likely. I say, offer the big, offer the small, offer the whole gamut of options. Because big top prizes really hurt the overall odds.

(insert signature here)

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: June 19, 2005, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

PA Unlucky for Life should be changed to a scratch game, with a cash option.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2005, 1:52 am - IP Logged

granted MD has some scratch-offs with loewr prizes, tey also have scratch-offs with higher prizes.  sometimes people want more winning tickets.  other times people want higher prizes.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: July 28, 2005, 5:27 am - IP Logged

PA Unlucky for Life should be changed to a scratch game, with a cash option.

I Agree!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: July 28, 2005, 5:28 am - IP Logged

That's one of my peeves about PA scratchers. Sure the top prize is enticing, but like I'm going to win it. Sure it could happen, but then again I could marry a supermodel, have a baby, and then raise that baby to be the best President/CEO ConAgra ever had. In other words, not that likely. I say, offer the big, offer the small, offer the whole gamut of options. Because big top prizes really hurt the overall odds.

then i wouldn't play em....