Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dealing with a win

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Australia
Member #17096
June 11, 2005
225 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2005, 6:41 am - IP Logged

Dealing with a win

Regardless of how you come into all this money, the big question what to do with it.

You may have spent the past 30 years building up a business, minding the pennies, and someone suddenly hands you a giant cheque. Or that pokey semi in a rundown part of town suddenly turns out to be the next property hotspot.

Looking after your new-found wealth can seem enormously challenging. What should you do next?

Here are the 10 rules to help you on your way. And by the way, you don’t need to be sitting on six noughts-worth of dosh to put them into practice!

http://money.msn.co.uk/MyMoney/Insight/MoneySpinner/ThisWeek/lottowinners/default.asp

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2005, 6:51 am - IP Logged

thanks for the info!

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2005, 8:34 am - IP Logged

"You would imagine, wouldn’t you, that with odds of 14 million to one against winning the National Lottery, I wouldn’t even be considering a weekly ticket.

At least with Premium Bonds you can cash them in and get your money back, albeit not inflation-proofed.

Sad to say, I do waste £2 every week, one of them a Lucky Dip. It just seems to me that if I’m going to give all this advice on what to do with vast riches, I might as well try to win some for myself…"

The guy's a player and he offers some sound advice in a subdued sort of way.  Probably wouldn't do anyone any harm to read through his words a few times.

Thanks for the link.

Jack