Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

alpha state

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Gailfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Maine
United States
Member #12412
March 13, 2005
21 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2005, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Good morning everyone,

I tried one of my audio tapes for reaching alpha state and am not sure if I attained it.  I closed my eyes and focused on my forehead, the space between the eyebrows, where I thought the third eye may be located.  I did not feel any puckering,  Jack (darn it!!) but what I did experience was different or hopefully I had a glimpse of alpha.  Anyway here it is:  all I saw was purple waves slowly ebbing and flowing and I did lose the sense of time.  I don't think I fell asleep, though I could have been close.  Even so, I've never had a dream like this.  I also felt deeply rested after the session ended.

I downloaded the silva ultramind course to the computer but am having problems getting it to play.  (Do not have a CD burner) so I'm still working on that part.

I am curious to hear of any of your experiences in the alpha state.  Granted it was my first time,  so I didn't really expect anything profound.  There was one image that came through that was odd, and I have to smile as I type this, was that I saw a group of big birds, pelicans maybe, diving as a group into the water, one after the other, like if you threw a handful of pebbles, that is how it happened. 

Are there any physical sensations that occur in alpha? 

Thanks everyone. 

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31527 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2005, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

for a first time you did great. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Some say that in some or many cases all that you need to reach the alpha state is to tilt you head back some and close your eyes.

By they say that reaching (and staying in) the theta state is even better.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2005, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Hi Gailfan:

I'm feeling a bit puddin' headed this morning, but so loaded up with caffiene I can't sleep.... so I'm gonna try to type instead.

Seems to me you did awfully well.

To be honest, I don't think 'alpha' is a bio-feedback 'official' tag for the state the 'alpha static' puts you into, or that you'll drop into without it after you learn to recognize what it is.  The state you describe sounds, as lantern observed, more like a theta state (official signed sealed and deeeelivered label by the scienceguys).  I'm not certain I'm right about this.  I do know there's a difference in the alpha state I experience when I use the Silva methods, and the (what I believe is) theta state I am in when I experience the sorts of things that rhyme with what you describe.... usually arrived at through deep meditation with intent, or a particular other intention that requires me entering through that sort of state.

I don't know whether any of this is making any sense.

As for the third eye, I don't know how everyone uses it or how they open it, how they can know when it's opened.  I can feel it.  I can tell it to open and feel the puckering sensation I described to you.... and for me it has to be open to do the kinds of healing work I do.

You might just keep 'telling it to open' and listening to the feelings in your forehead for a while and see whether it begins to be something you can detect.  But I don't  use alpha or theta to open it.... there's another kind of thing I do that's difficult to describe.... sort of putting the mind into an out of phase place, either for an instant, or for as long as I want....fully alert, enhanced consciousness, deep listening, projecting.... but not remotely similar to alpha or theta....  I use that for dowsing and pain-killing work.... and I've found most people who are into such things don't understand what I'm talkikng about when I describe it.  I ain't got a clue what that one is all about.

Anyway, just throwing in my ramblings because I love this thread you've started and life's too durned short to be sleeping anyway.

Glad for you, glad for your 'alpha', glad for your post about all this..... genereallly, just glad, I is.

Jack

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #13253
          April 2, 2005
          40 Posts
          Posted: June 25, 2005, 1:34 am - IP Logged

I've been working with the Silva home study materials for about a month. When I'm at alpha, I feel totally relaxed, but clear-headed...I can direct my thoughts and concentrate, and outside noise doesn't usually interrupt this. I've never "seen" anything unless I was trying the mental video technique..creating a vision myself. I also am trying to feel something when I work with opening the third eye.. lately I feel buzzier than usual but not specifically something just in that area...more like my whole forehead and around my ears. I don't think what you feel is as important as the practise of telling yourself it's open and believing that it is...I seem to be having a bit more success with healing techniques lately since I've been using a combination of Silva methods and third eye and reiki focus. Without all that combined focus, I'd say my physical sensations during alpha are total numbness or at least a  disconnectedness to my body. It's interesting to hear what other people are experiencing. I'm going to a weekend Silva seminar soon and I'm really looking forward to it.

Maine
            United States
            Member #12412
            March 13, 2005
            21 Posts
            Posted: June 27, 2005, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I appreciate all the replies.  I find this subject fascinating and I really enjoy reading about all of your experiences.  The CD I listened to is "Brainwave Suite" by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson.  I will listen to the theta next and let you know if there  is any difference. 

Thanks again.