Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

**New PB Game** - SSS

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #8747
November 16, 2004
213 Posts
Posted: June 28, 2005, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Powerball

06 - 29 - 05

Statistical Selection System

For those who like to analyze numbers like myself.

Attention! To participate in this game, you must have the basic tools, such as spreadsheet of numbers drawn plotted You must have an understanding of the Powerball number curve or bell curve You must have an understanding of what it means for a number to be: Hot, Cold, etc. You must monitor the Hot, Cold, repeats etc. Any other analysis is welcome. Visual clues are still the best form of analysis. Things to look for, ex. lets say a number ending in 3 has not been drawn in a while, you can decide to indicate your favorite x3 number you feel could be drawn, This is a collaboration effort. The game is to pick 3 numbers or LESS, depending on your confidence the numbers will be drawn, for the 5/53 White Balls. Only put your best foot forward. Do not feel obligated to post any numbers when you do not feel or have strong indication that the number would be drawn. Do not feel obligated to post any numbers especially if you do no analyze numbers. We do not want to dilute the sets. Make it more than a random guess. Do not post any numbers until you have analyzed the most recent numbers If you are a participant, you can indicate that you’ll not contribute (when you have any inkling about possible numbers) before the deadline for all numbers which will be at 6:00 p.m. of the drawing date(i.e. Four hours before the draw).

The objective is to have a minimum number as possible, from a variety of people that has potential to be a winning combination. This game is geared to improving our odds collectively. Comments why you picked a number are most welcomed. How do you know what numbers to include? People are really bad at picking likely numbers so here are some tips The number you base your other picks around is a strong indication of what is likely. If you were gonna play 5 numbers which one would you not do without Random still means random. Any number is possible. If you where asked to guess one number correctly out of the 5/53 White Balls in the up coming drawing for a prize of a one million dollars, that same intensity that you would use to deduce that one number is the same intensity that we want. Use indicators in you head to gauge the probability of a number to occur

Wheel away.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19830 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2005, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I'm already using a statistical selection system to pick my numbers for MegaMillions, however the amount of numbers are still too many to wheel in a few lines so I use a RNG to pick a few combinations from that pool of numbers using even more statistical data.  I watch the prediction statistics of each member to see if any of them are having any success and it appears that most are concentrating their efforts on the pick3 and pick4 games.  Good luck on your efforts to win a jackpot game.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #8747
      November 16, 2004
      213 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2005, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

That is apparently true, but I spend more on PB than I could win in pick 3. But I admire them for their lack of greed.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19830 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2005, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Getpaid,

You may have some misgivings about the greed of pick3 and pick4 posters, occasionally when I have posted a prediction for a pick5 or jackpot game that wins some money I've gotten PMs from fellow posters suggestion that it's stupid to post predictions for the games I play because that could effect my winning if I ever won the jackpot.  I think most posters just don't post any information about games that might effect their winnings.  By the way, I noticed you've never posted any predictions either.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #16612
          June 2, 2005
          3493 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2005, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

How did you start this topic about this new PB game?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: June 29, 2005, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

How did you start this topic about this new PB game?

Anyone can start a new thread by hitting the NEW TOPIC or NEW POLL button when posting their comments.  Just make sure your new thread is in the appropriate forum.

RJOh 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #8747
              November 16, 2004
              213 Posts
              Posted: June 29, 2005, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Getpaid,

You may have some misgivings about the greed of pick3 and pick4 posters, occasionally when I have posted a prediction for a pick5 or jackpot game that wins some money I've gotten PMs from fellow posters suggestion that it's stupid to post predictions for the games I play because that could effect my winning if I ever won the jackpot.  I think most posters just don't post any information about games that might effect their winnings.  By the way, I noticed you've never posted any predictions either.

RJOh

what I was saying is that pick pick prizes seem to small for me.

But I never looked at it the way you said about affecting other peoples winnings. I try to be realistic that out of everyone on this site only one person will win the jackpot. How posting some numbers to aid each other in making a few bucks effects someone elses winnings in a bad way is beyond me.

I read some guys post boosting that you will never see him post any numbers on this site. But I have a magically orb that says we will never win anything significant, so what difference does it make. If I post a number like 12 because I have a reson to believe that it is gonna be drawn and some guy picks it up and plays it and instead of winning 3 bucks, he gets four, how does that affect me. So what if he wins the jackpot, I will be happy for him. I just think that it is better to work together than selfishly.

I am really not worried about that. 170,000,000 to 1 odds still means that out of 170,000,000 of us that come to this site, 1 of us will win. How anyone could ruin your day with those odds is up to you to decide if it is worth it.

United States
                Member #16612
                June 2, 2005
                3493 Posts
                Posted: July 27, 2005, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

PB decided to have odds of winning the jackpot at 146 million to 1 because many people win small PB jackpots and sales are dropping. If the red PB had only 42, how many WB would it take in order to have odds of winning the jackpot is 176+ million to 1?

bigdaddy's avatar - aviator2 1.jpg
                  BETWEEN OAKRIDGE AND WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
                  United States
                  Member #1647
                  June 10, 2003
                  2329 Posts
                  Posted: August 8, 2005, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

i love the mm odds,i live in cal.the 4+0 ,4+1 and 5+0 prizes are nice...it is worth it for me to play a large wheel and to win multi-prizes...next draw i will play a 29# 151 line wheel.that will net me atleast a 4+0 prize $6000+ dollars.....

Relax,Bigdaddy has your number!!!!!

Pi is the way...

turning $30 or less into thousands everyday!!

here we go steelers ..here we go---------stairway to seven 

TIME FOR THE LOMBARDI TROPHY TO  COME  HOME..

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: August 13, 2005, 1:33 am - IP Logged

i love the mm odds,i live in cal.the 4+0 ,4+1 and 5+0 prizes are nice...it is worth it for me to play a large wheel and to win multi-prizes...next draw i will play a 29# 151 line wheel.that will net me atleast a 4+0 prize $6000+ dollars.....

i would much rather play mega millions than powerball but i live in tennessee and its a powerball state....

United States
                      Member #16612
                      June 2, 2005
                      3493 Posts
                      Posted: August 25, 2005, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

PB is going to have a 5/55+1/42 matrix on August 31, 2005. I know LOTTOMIKE, you live in TN [A powerball state] and you rather play MM. What state is the closest to TN if LOTTOMIKE played MM?