Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Programs and day/night games

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by lchoro.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #5565
July 11, 2004
260 Posts
Posted: June 30, 2005, 11:47 am - IP Logged

I have a couple of lottery programs that I've been using for a couple of year to generating hot/cold numbers, etc. for the Virginia pick 4 and cach 5 games.  All of these lottery games operate twice a day and the software generates a separate analysis for the two sets of jackpot histories for the two games, one each for the day and night drawings.  I would've thought that these games would be using the same facilities, including the balls, to makes the twice-daily drawings.  Wouldn't it make more sense for the software to merge the histories of the two drawings for each game in order to produce the information?

rowdy117's avatar - image php?u=2413&dateline=1135265132
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #12466
    March 14, 2005
    29 Posts
    Posted: June 30, 2005, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Everyone will probably have a different opinion on this.  I believe that they should merge them.

Depending on what programs you are using, and how they operate, time can be a very important aspect.

You might consider opening both databases together in Excel and writing a spreadsheet program to merge them.

It isnt easy but it can be done.  Then you could compare and see if it makes a difference.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: June 30, 2005, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

I have a couple of lottery programs that I've been using for a couple of year to generating hot/cold numbers, etc. for the Virginia pick 4 and cach 5 games.  All of these lottery games operate twice a day and the software generates a separate analysis for the two sets of jackpot histories for the two games, one each for the day and night drawings.  I would've thought that these games would be using the same facilities, including the balls, to makes the twice-daily drawings.  Wouldn't it make more sense for the software to merge the histories of the two drawings for each game in order to produce the information?

The software Versabet34 allows you to merge the program files for mid day and evening. It is just for Pick 3 and Pick 4 however, not the jackpot (cash 5) type games.  I personally don't like merging files like that, but if you think you are interested, do a search on Versabet and check it out.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
        Member #5565
        July 11, 2004
        260 Posts
        Posted: June 30, 2005, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

I think you can merge the two spreadsheets into one, and then sort on the date column.  I think you have to be certain to open up the Day history first, and then import or append the Night history to the end of the spreadsheet before doing the sort.  I'll look at Versabet, thanks.

SirMetro's avatar - center
          East of Atlanta
          United States
          Member #6191
          August 11, 2004
          1389 Posts
          Posted: June 30, 2005, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

I have noticed that it varies between the day of the week as to which game set to use. I have observed at various times, that overall, the draws balance between each individual game and from the combined game set. So, from that, I personally, think it is best to use all three. Because typically, my odds of winning goes up when I see the same number set in all 3 of my sort set-up (midday, Evening and combined).

Sir Metro

ExpertLotto's avatar - appicon
            Trebic
            Czech Republic
            Member #8380
            November 3, 2004
            66 Posts
            Posted: July 1, 2005, 4:05 am - IP Logged

lchoro, you may want to have a look at expert lotto - you can choose if you want to work with night or daily draws only or with both at the same time.
            pick3 lotteries are not supported, only jackpot and keno games. the basic edition is for free.

Expert Lotto Team

United States
              Member #5565
              July 11, 2004
              260 Posts
              Posted: July 1, 2005, 10:07 am - IP Logged

lchoro, you may want to have a look at expert lotto - you can choose if you want to work with night or daily draws only or with both at the same time.
              pick3 lotteries are not supported, only jackpot and keno games. the basic edition is for free.

thanks, i'll give it a try.