Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mega Millions Megaball Challenge 7/1/05

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by MADDOG10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Avatar

United States
Member #3291
January 8, 2004
71 Posts
Offline
Posted: June 30, 2005, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

This one's nice and simple

 

 

 


Guess your top 10 picks for the Mega Ball for this friday's Mega Millions Drawing

 

 

 

 

here are mine with what I think are the highest probability first:


35 = high
13 = high
16 = high
23 = high
27 = high
30 = high
33 = high
2  = lower
7  = lower
14 = lower

Normally, with 10 different guesses you have about a 22 % chance of getting it right.

 

 

Lets see how many different people, using different systems pick the same numbers.

 

 

We can check and see if those unanimous numbers have a higher chance of coming up.

 

 

I noticed this with the number 37, on the last drawing. It was somewhat interesting.

 

 

and no cheating on this one ! :)

<Shameless self promotion :)>. Want to get an Edge in Mega Millions ? Try Mega Lotto Assistant. Coded by yours truly. </Shameless self promotion>

    LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: June 30, 2005, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

    Why don't you make your program more like RJOH's good for all pick 5s and pick 6s and also with filters like his more or less, it would be much better, review his old posts do a search of them also maybe those of Jking, that would be good enough to start with.

    Make changes to your program, make it good enough that people will want to buy it, some programs people would not use even if they get them for free.

    Also get involved with the pick 3 and 4, learn them and make software for them also, people here can tell you what they want your programs to have.

    Good luck.

    BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

    "Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

      Avatar

      United States
      Member #3291
      January 8, 2004
      71 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: June 30, 2005, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

      Why don't you make your program more like RJOH's good for all pick 5s and pick 6s and also with filters like his more or less, it would be much better, review his old posts do a search of them also maybe those of Jking, that would be good enough to start with.

      Make changes to your program, make it good enough that people will want to buy it, some programs people would not use even if they get them for free.

      Also get involved with the pick 3 and 4, learn them and make software for them also, people here can tell you what they want your programs to have.

      Good luck.

      i wanted to gear my program just towards mega millions, but in a version i haven't released yet, i have it so you can choose, from pick One, to Pick as many as you want.... 
      i'm also playing with printing out on tickets.. so you dont have til fill in numbers yourself. that one is a lil harder than i originally thought.
      but anyhow, this post is about picking the Mega Ball for july 1st.
      ..
      you have any numbers ?
        atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
        Alaska
        United States
        Member #16217
        May 27, 2005
        287 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: June 30, 2005, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

        Here's my picks for the mega ball: 36, 24, 43, 46, 34, 03, 21, 12, 18, 13. -Bonnie

          Avatar

          United States
          Member #3291
          January 8, 2004
          71 Posts
          Offline
          Posted: June 30, 2005, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

          Here's my picks for the mega ball: 36, 24, 43, 46, 34, 03, 21, 12, 18, 13. -Bonnie

          i like the 13 :)  i was originally gonna give that a "highest probability" score.

            RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19894 Posts
            Online
            Posted: July 1, 2005, 4:49 pm - IP Logged

            LANTERN,

            Since my RNG has logic to pick combinations using previous drawings as a guide, the new matrix gives it some problems because 53,54 and 55 haven't come up yet.  I've had to use the option to manually force it to consider 53-56 in the 4th and 5th positions in some of the combinations. In another 30 drawings or so, all the numbers in the new matrix should have hit at least once and this will no longer be a problem.
             
            Since 68% of the possible combinations don't contain any of these 4 numbers, not using this option wouldn't make any different 70% of the time and my odds of picking a winner at those times would be improved by 30%. 

            The last drawing didn't contain any of those 4 numbers.  For tonight's drawing I have one of those four numbers in nine of my picks, so if none of these numbers come up, I will have wasted 9 chances to win the jackpot, but I guess that's what happens when you gamble with odds of 1:175M.

            I look forward to seeing what vbmx's RNG can do with some improvements.  Right now the free QP RNG at LP that will pick combinations for any game is a better deal.  Good luck to you.

            RJOh

             * you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 
               
                         Evil Looking       

              Avatar

              United States
              Member #3291
              January 8, 2004
              71 Posts
              Offline
              Posted: July 1, 2005, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

              LANTERN,

              Since my RNG has logic to pick combinations using previous drawings as a guide, the new matrix gives it some problems because 53,54 and 55 haven't come up yet.  I've had to use the option to manually force it to consider 53-56 in the 4th and 5th positions in some of the combinations. In another 30 drawings or so, all the numbers in the new matrix should have hit at least once and this will no longer be a problem.
               
              Since 68% of the possible combinations don't contain any of these 4 numbers, not using this option wouldn't make any different 70% of the time and my odds of picking a winner at those times would be improved by 30%. 

              The last drawing didn't contain any of those 4 numbers.  For tonight's drawing I have one of those four numbers in nine of my picks, so if none of these numbers come up, I will have wasted 9 chances to win the jackpot, but I guess that's what happens when you gamble with odds of 1:175M.

              I look forward to seeing what vbmx's RNG can do with some improvements.  Right now the free QP RNG at LP that will pick combinations for any game is a better deal.  Good luck to you.

              RJOh

              actually, i'm running into the same problem when working on a system that analyzes past draws and then tries and predicts the future based on the past.  i'm not sure how anyone can make a true analysis until  mega millions has been played for a good while under the new system.

               

               

              i am however working on something interesting simply based on random numbers drawn.

               

              thats what i'm going to test out on the Mega Ball this week and most likely for the next few weeks.

              if it has more than a 60 % positive test, i'll incorporate it.  here i'll post a lil screen shot for you on stuff that  deffinately is not finished.

               

              little by little i'm analyzing..  below is just for the Mega Ball using past winners.

               

               

              and below.. is the program creating 5000 Random sets.. and then analyzing the mega ball..

               



              once i get somewhere with this, i'll deffinately keep you posted ..

              <Shameless self promotion :)>. Want to get an Edge in Mega Millions ? Try Mega Lotto Assistant. Coded by yours truly. </Shameless self promotion>

                RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19894 Posts
                Online
                Posted: July 2, 2005, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

                Manually forcing my RNG to include 53-56 in its picks was a mistake this draw, I should have allowed it to stick with the logic that I programmed into it and pick up the extra numbers naturally after they have hit.  It picked 3 of the winning numbers but the best combination it picked was 2+0,  it might have been 3+0 or better if those 53-56 hadn't been forced into the mix.  Live and learn hopefully.

                RJOh

                 * you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 
                   
                             Evil Looking       

                  RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19894 Posts
                  Online
                  Posted: July 3, 2005, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

                  My RNG picked 25 lines for the MegaMillions 07/05/05 drawing using the logic programmed into it.  It only considers numbers that have hit in previous drawings so 53,54 and 55 was not in the mix.  I may not play its picks but this will give me a chance to see if its logic need to be revised.  I was going to back test it for Friday's drawing, but I think the results are more creditable if I don't know the results of the drawing ahead of time.  Good luck on your picks.

                  RJOh

                   * you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 
                     
                               Evil Looking       

                    MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                    Beautiful Florida
                    United States
                    Member #5709
                    July 18, 2004
                    20228 Posts
                    Offline
                    Posted: July 3, 2005, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

                     I'm still using myold spredsheets for 1-52. i also tried to include 53-56 and it just threw everything out of whack. I've talked to kbcherokee about the same thing. i'm just going to stay with my old spreadsheets until i see a different trend  begining to surface then i'll adjust...!

                                                                 

                                                                   " You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "