Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Ching Meg Mil #s

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2005, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

Just messing around here..... I used the yarrow stalk method.... asked the I Ching to provide the MM numbers for tonight by hexagram numbers:

9, 11, 26, 37, 45, 51

Not a clue which, if any, is red.

But a fun exercise.  Don't bet on these.

Jack

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2005, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

good luck

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: July 8, 2005, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Mike.... But in this instance luck is a moot point.  I don't play MM, and I'm not playing these numbers.  I recommend the same (about these numbers) to anyone else who might be tempted to play them.

Jack

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: July 11, 2005, 10:27 am - IP Logged

MM Tuesday Hexagram #s:

3, 7, 17, 19, 27, 50

Jack

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
          Alaska
          United States
          Member #16217
          May 27, 2005
          287 Posts
          Posted: July 11, 2005, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

I don't know how this works, but using my statistics I came up with a couple of these same numbers. Same for last time. -Bonnie

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: July 12, 2005, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Hi Bonnie:

Interesting, what you've said.  I hadn't looked back on them to see how they did.

The I Ching is an ancient Chinese oracle... maybe the oldest surviving, continuously used oracle in the world.  I Ching simply means, The Book of Changes....... it assumes a circular movement in life, human events.  Until 1150 BC it was merely a Taoist effort for determining a 'right' course of thinking within that context.  Then King Wen took it a step further and asked, "What am I to do?", after which it became commonly used as an auger.

Confucius discovered the I Ching during his later life and was so impressed by the wisdom, as well as the augery that he commented, "I could have been spared a lot of trouble in my youth if I'd found the I Ching then, instead of now."  But his (and his circle of scholars) studies, commentaries and refinements on the I Ching brought about far wider usage and further detail in the use.

Later, Carl Jung used it a lot, studied it, tried to explain it and tried to let it help him explain the concept of synchronicity.  The detailed answers the I Ching is prone to give about events that haven't happened yet gave Jung sufficient pause for thought to cause him to do a great deal of writing about it.

It consists of 64 numbered hexagrams, each having 6 'changing lines'.... each hexagram and each of the changing lines concerns a specific area of human activity, while the changing lines define the specific position of the person asking the question within the context of that area of human activity.

A mechanical process, an attempt at random distribution of yarrow stalks, toothpicks, straws, bamboo skewers is used to identify the proper hexagram to address the question.  It's a ritual, defined method of separating the stalks to produce the hexagram/changing line associated with the question.

It's amazingly accurate on most issues.  Accurate enough to cause a lot of leading edge physicists to study (and now use) it in conjunction with and as an addendum issue in chaos theory studies, and Quantum research.

But I'm not certain it's ever been used to try to predict lottery outcomes.

Jack

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: July 12, 2005, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Separating the yarrow stalks can be a time consuming process, so I sometimes use a computerized simulation of the method, which comes in handy for attempting to come up with six numbers.  The best I've found is from Visionary Networks on CD ROM.  The nice thing about it is that it gives you a text of all the version of the I Ching answer they used..... (I prefer to use the software to get the hexagrams and then refer to Welhelm/Baynes or another printed, more thoroughly documented translation.

But just for grins, I just asked the I Ching about using it to predict lottery numbers:

Consultation on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 at 10:56 AM.

Present: Hexagram 01 Creative Power

Question:  Enter your question here...What about using the I Ching to try to
              predict lottery results?

The air is ripe with imagination, inspiration and energy.  The dragon is an
              ancient symbol of an electrically charged, dynamic, arousing force that bodes
              well for creative initiative.  If your goals are in alignment with the greater
              good, your actions will meet with success, but this can only happen if you
              assert yourself in a positive way.  This is a good time to exercise leadership,
              because you can be strong now.  But be forewarned: success turns to failure when
              strength turns to arrogance.

Believe in your dreams and persevere, and everything around you will flourish. 
              Call upon creative power and let it work through you.  Stay focused on your
              goals; do not let yourself be distracted, or you may lose the power available to
              you now.  And remember that when taking action, success requires good timing.

You cast several changing lines, which indicates a number of changing
              possibilities in the situation.

The first changing line is Line 2:

Events are moving in the right direction.  You have entered the arena and are
              being noticed, but the game has not begun.  Take a wider perspective, and the
              best strategy will become clear.  You are not yet in position to make great
              changes, but aligning yourself with a strong ally would help lead to a
              breakthrough.

The second changing line is Line 3:

A sphere of influence is opening up.  Let yourself be active, but do not expect
              an immediate reward.  And don't let your energies become scattered.  Hold to
              your vision and your integrity, and you can make progress in a stable way.  Do
              not use your creative powers just to attract attention to yourself.  Remember,
              freedom is not always an invitation to dance; it may be a chance to step out on
              a ledge.  Be careful.

The third changing line is Line 4:

Your creative power is growing.  You have a clear choice in this situation - to
              lunge forward or to draw back.  It's natural to feel some anxiety in a situation
              like this.  But you have the freedom to act as the situation requires - to
              engage or to withdraw.  Do not be influenced by what happened in the past.  Be
              sure to consider the long term consequences of any action you might take.

Future: Hexagram # 42 Increase

This hexagram represents the quality of likely opportunities and challenges
              arising from changes that are in process now:

Substantial progress and increasing prosperity is exhilirating, as long as you
              go with the flow while it lasts and keep the interests of others in mind.  Like
              white water on a river, periods of increase are often of short duration; it
              furthers one, therefore, to shoot the rapids now, while the opportunity is
              there.

Leadership in times of opportunity involves commitment to the needs of one's
              cohorts or dependents.  Only by realizing that to lead is to serve, can a leader
              fortify his or her position to bring about a lasting increase in prosperity.  In
              a time of general increase, those who contribute most directly to the common
              good will achieve the greatest rewards.

When opportunities for increase arise, supreme good fortune comes to those who
              act swiftly and boldly, while avoiding the trap of letting their actions be
              merely self-serving.  If you aspire to a position of prominence, the most
              enduring strategy is to work to raise the tide of your entire community or
              company, rather than to try to swim upstream on your own.

When the times favor prosperity, and when leadership is in the hands of the
              broad-minded, supreme good fortune results.

Cute, thinks I.

Jack

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: July 12, 2005, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I figured I might as well ask it this, as well..... it will require me to do it 5 times, so if you want me to do it let me know and I'll either post the numbers here, or I'll PM them to you.  Whichever you prefer:

Consultation on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 at 11:22 AM.

Present: 58 Joy

Question:  How about giving Bonnie some good numbers for GA Fantasy 5?

A joy that is shared suggests a group of friends playing, or a carefree young
                girl singing to herself while engaged in her work.  Happiness is rising within,
                and spreading out into the world!

Joy comes into the world through gentle means, but springs from a solid inner
                base.  The power of pure joy should not be underestimated.  The enjoyment of
                learning and discovery, for example, has been the source of much material
                progress.  Accordingly, that which brings joy into the world is a source of
                considerable power.

If happiness is supported by personal stability, it will in time wear down the
                stiffest barrier and win over the hardest heart.  True joy is a beacon in the
                world, and though it is indeed rare, its presence is an indication of great good
                fortune, both now and in the future.  How could it be otherwise?

There are two changing lines.  Either one or the other or some combination of
                both of them will be relevant.

The first changing line is Line 1:

Living a life of quiet, self-contained joy is the height of good fortune.  Eat
                when you are hungry, sleep when you are sleepy, take your pleasures as you will
                - what could be better?

The second changing line is Line 2:

True joy is incompatible with any pleasure which cannot also be fully
                appreciated and relished the morning after.  Take this lesson to heart.

Future:45 Gathering Together

This hexagram represents the quality of likely opportunities and challenges
                arising from changes that are in process now:

The power of gathering together is represented by a rally, where each
                individual's strength is magnified by the power of the community as a whole. 
                History has shown that mass movements can bring about stable, ordered and
                durable conditions for the better.  This reading may be pointing to an
                auspicious time for large undertakings.  But the guiding force of a shared
                vision is essential to hold the forces of unity together, and keep them
                advancing toward a common goal.

Another image for this situation is that of a lake filling with water.  Just as
                the fullness of the lake can bring good fortune to all in its sphere, it can
                also overflow, leading to calamity.  Thus in a time of gathering together it is
                essential that precautions against unforeseen danger be considered along with
                efforts to advance along a clearly-charted course.  Much of human misfortune
                comes from unexpected events for which we are ill prepared; when gathered
                together with others, we are both more powerful and, in some ways, more
                vulnerable.

Any time of unity is a time of potential greatness.  But that greatness can be
                both positive and negative.  Everything is magnified when masses of people unite
                for a single purpose.  When many people unite behind a single goal or strong
                vision, it is wise to take personal precautions, and to protect your own
                reasonable self-interests, because these can easily be lost in the crowd.

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: July 12, 2005, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

Just went through the entire process for Powerball,  July 13.

36, (22), 39, (31), 43, 2, (24), 23, 7, (40)

The numbers in parens are secondary hexagrams, derived from the changing lines in the primaries.  I was about to disregard them, but figured I might as well put them up..... I don't know what a person's supposed to do with secondary hexagram numbers on a thing like this.  The numbers that went higher than the matrix, I tossed.... happened twice, both in the secondary hexagrams, one in the high 50s, one in  the low 60s.

If I were going to do this on any kind of routine basis I suppose it would need a thread for PB and one for MM.

Jack

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
                    Alaska
                    United States
                    Member #16217
                    May 27, 2005
                    287 Posts
                    Posted: July 12, 2005, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Oh my goodness! That is very frightening. -Bonnie

New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #12305
                      March 10, 2005
                      2984 Posts
                      Posted: July 12, 2005, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Frightening?  The I Ching?

Never mind, then.  I suppose I misread your post to mean you didn't understand (but found it interesting), as opposed to not understanding (but finding it frightening). 

Jack

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                        light on my feet
                        United States
                        Member #356
                        May 20, 2002
                        2744 Posts
                        Posted: July 12, 2005, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

qoute from RIP ;    "The I Ching is an ancient chinese oracle ... maybe the oldest surviving, continously used oracle in the world"

actually, the oldest surviving "oracle" in the world that i am aware of is the Old Testament writings which date as far back (if my memory serves me correctly) ...somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 years B.C.

that would trump the i ching by about 500 years +/-

as far as i know (but i don't mind being corrected)

Main Entry: or·a·cle
                        Pronunciation: 'or-&-k&l, 'är-
                        Function: noun
                        Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin oraculum, from orare to speak -- more at ORATION
                        Date: 15th century
                        1 a : a person (as a priestess of ancient Greece) through whom a deity is believed to speak b : a shrine in which a deity reveals hidden knowledge or the divine purpose through such a person c : an answer or decision given by an oracle
                        2 a : a person giving wise or authoritative decisions or opinions b : an authoritative or wise expression or answer

VISION

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: July 12, 2005, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

You're wrong, but I'm not going to debate the matter with you.  If it makes you feel better to believe the OT's an oracle, or that it predates the I Ching, by all means continue to believe it.  The I Ching is thought to go to 3000 BC, item one.  And the OT isn't an oracle, item two.

But other than that you're absolutely 100 percent correct.

If you'd care to discuss the I Ching, I'll be more than happy to discuss it with you.  But if you want to discuss the OT, I'd suggest you begin a separate thread on it.  This one's about the I Ching. 

Jack

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: July 12, 2005, 11:17 pm - IP Logged

I Ching:  3, 7, 17, 19, 27, 50

MM tonight 05-17-32-39-53, Mega Ball: 36

hard to see a lot of similarity between the two.  Might be interesting to see if those numbers pop up anywhere else, however.

It would have been more gratifying if the only number it hit had been 36.  I'd be tickled pea green with a method that would just give me the red balls but didn't require studying the guts of chickens or selling my soul to a Chinese fortune cookie company.

Jack

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: July 13, 2005, 10:46 am - IP Logged

It would have been more gratifying if the only number it hit had been 36.  I'd be tickled pea green with a method that would just give me the red balls but didn't require studying the guts of chickens or selling my soul to a Chinese fortune cookie company.

For you literal minded readers and certain others who spend your energies scrutinizing the lives, words and behaviors of others in search of evil: 

This was intended as light humor.  I don't examine chicken guts, haven't sold my soul to anyone, and (visiondude) don't consult 'entities', either looking for numbers, or just for the hell of it.

I do allow myself to laugh a lot, however.

Jack