Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Todd, aka CBW

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MollyG's avatar - happy
TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
United States
Member #9019
November 25, 2004
523 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2005, 8:27 am - IP Logged

I received an email from Greeneyes:

hey molly do me a farvorite and get pair king to email me at
<snip> HELL I TRY FOR OVER AN HOUR TO POST ON LOTTERY POST AND
THE DAM THING WILL NOT LET ME POST

I've not had any trouble posting (like Win D and others).  The only difference I've noticed is:  I have a scrolling mouse and I can't scroll in the message area anymore.  I have to put the mouse above that and then it will work, just not in the message areas.

Anyway, could you help Greeneyes?  I know in the past, it was a "cookie" thing or something like that.

Thanks,

MollyG

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23345 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2005, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I have edited out Greeneyes e-mail address from your message, as I'm sure Greeneyes wouldn't want it posted on the public forums.

If Greeneyes is seeing this message, then I need to know more information about what's happening on the offending computer if I am to give some advice.  There are literally 10,000 different things that could be wrong.

For example, are you able to login?  Do you get an error message?  What do you see on the screen?  Etc., etc., etc.

If the answer is "I can't login" or "there's an error message", that doesn't give enough detail to track down a problem. 

A good example of reporting a problem is:

"I can login just fine.  I go to the Pick 3 forum, click the New Topic button, the correct page opens, I type my message, and when I click the Submit button I get a popup box with an error message that says 'JavaScript error at line 3: access error'.  My message was just a simple line of text, so I don't believe I tried something complex.  I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, and I use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0."

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23345 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2005, 9:12 am - IP Logged

The Lottery Post Contact Us page can be used to report a problem if someone cannot login to post or send a private message.

MollyG's avatar - happy
        TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
        United States
        Member #9019
        November 25, 2004
        523 Posts
        Posted: July 12, 2005, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Thanks, Todd.  Hope she is reading your message.  I don't know any of her problems with LP.

Also, she has posted her email address numerous times, asking for different ones to email her, so I don't think it matters about her email address being posted.  If she, herself, hadn't done that, I would have NEVER posted it here.

Thanks,

MollyG

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23345 Posts
          Posted: July 12, 2005, 10:36 am - IP Logged

Sorry, I didn't know she was OK with her e-mail address being posted.  Personally, even though everyone knows my e-mail address, I would never post it on a forum, because that increases the number of spam messages you get.  (Spam robots automatically surf the internet continuously, seeking out new e-mail addresses to send spam to.)