Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Which scratchers do you play?

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 11 years ago by geminii.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Which scratchers do you play?

$1 [ 8 ]  [9.64%]
$2 [ 12 ]  [14.46%]
$3 [ 4 ]  [4.82%]
$5 [ 17 ]  [20.48%]
$10 [ 8 ]  [9.64%]
$20 [ 1 ]  [1.20%]
$30 [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
It can range. [ 14 ]  [16.87%]
I don't play scratchers [ 13 ]  [15.66%]
Depends on odds and prizes. [ 6 ]  [7.23%]
Total Valid Votes [ 83 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 19 ]  
bellyache's avatar - 64x64a9wg

United States
Member #12618
March 18, 2005
2060 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2005, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I rarely play anything costing less than $5.  The overall odds are too long.  The top prize needs to be at least $100,000 too.  If I'm not going to win, I might as well not win $500,000 instead of not winning $50,000 :)

There is a $20 game in Texas called the $2,000,000 Spectacular I usually play once a month.

As of July 9th there were 25 of 134 2nd tier $20,000 prizes left and 28 of 268 3rd tier $2,000 prizes left.

But 2 of the 3 $2,000,000 lump sum prizes are still out.  Have over 80% of the tickets been sold with 66% of the big prizes still out there?  If so, the odds of winning $2 million are better than 1 in 800,000.

Somehow, I have a feeling that someone lost a winning ticket.

It went to a certain auditor who suppressed uncomfortable information in his report.  Unfortunately, he's scared to cash it in now that the cameras are all pointed his way.

Jack

Can you, without placing yourself in any jeopardy, physical or otherwise, tell us how you know this?

I ask because I have seven (7) $2,000,000 Spectacular tickets, unscratched, in a bank safe deposit box in Austin.  They were purchased between February and June 2004.

Just wondering, but why do you have 7 unscratched tickets from 2004 in a safe-deposit box?

Dance like no one is watching.

powerplayer's avatar - Lottery-022.jpg

United States
    Member #17834
    June 28, 2005
    2083 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2005, 3:22 am - IP Logged

I like win for life here in CT which is $3 bucks and aces high is a $1.

Also mega money $2 ticket

You might want to rub those tickets. Scractch off tickets are retired after a year or when all tickets with grand prize are won they retire and sell out the last of the tickets and stop making them. Not sure if they do this in all states but, CT posts a message to people in stores to let them know this plus they have it on the web page for new arrivals and the one that are ending and the one that have ended

I believe you only have 1 year from the date end of the ticket sales to turn them in..not sure if same in all states?
    Powerplayer

Good luck to everyone!!!

Phoenix
      United States
      Member #28133
      December 11, 2005
      3 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2005, 3:36 am - IP Logged

IN AZ ON THE SCRATCHER TICKETS HAVE THE WINNING AMOUNT CODES IN THE SCRATCH AREA OF THE GAME EXAMPLES ARE FOR $2 WINNING TICKET IT WILL HAVE A SMALL T,W AND A O,FOR A 5 $ WINNER IT WILL HAVE A F,I, AND A V, TEN-T,E,&N AND FOR 304 T,R,Y( ?) FOR FOURTY ITS FTY FOR 50 ITS FFY AND A HUNDRED IS HUN. I MOSTLY PLAY 2.00 - 5.00 $ SCRATCHERS MYSELF, MY HUSBAND USUALLY BUYS 10.00 SCRATCHERS FOR US BUT I DON'T EVER WIN ON THOSE I ACTUALLY HAVE THE BEST LUCK ON THE $2.00 BINGO AND CROSSWORD. THE CROSSWORD AND BINGO WE HAVE NEVER STOP WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD THOSE GAMES ONCE IN A WHILE WE GET NEW SCRATCHERS BUT NOT OFTEN ENOUGH. I DO LIKE PLAYING THE POWERBALL THOUGH I HAVE NOT YET WON.

Phoenix
        United States
        Member #28133
        December 11, 2005
        3 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2005, 3:40 am - IP Logged

You might want to rub those tickets. Scractch off tickets are retired after a year or when all tickets with grand prize are won they retire and sell out the last of the tickets and stop making them. Not sure if they do this in all states but, CT posts a message to people in stores to let them know this plus they have it on the web page for new arrivals and the one that are ending and the one that have ended

I believe you only have 1 year from the date end of the ticket sales to turn them in..not sure if same in all states?
        Powerplayer

I THINK IN AZ WE HAVE 1 YEAR ON THE POWERBALL BUT ON OUR SCRATHERS ITS LIKE 90 DAYS OR SOMETHING EVEN IF THE GAME IS STILL A GAME WE PLAY EACH "GAME"GOES FOR 3-6 MONTHS THEN IT ENDS THE ISSUE A NEW "GAME" AFTER THAT NOW ON THE BACK THEY SAY TICKET #-GAME # AND PACK #.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2005, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Powerplayer

You like Lose for Life? Shame on you!

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2005, 4:33 pm - IP Logged

Powerplayer

You like Lose for Life? Shame on you!

In NY scratch tickets are valid for one year after the game ends as well.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: December 12, 2005, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

NY has Blazing 8's, which costs $5. The $888,888 top prize is paid in lump sum.

Coastal Georgia
                United States
                Member #2653
                October 30, 2003
                1866 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2005, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

My current favorite scratch off game is the  $ 200 Million spectacular here in GA.

I know the top prize is annuity, but heck, I would take it......

DD

austin
                  United States
                  Member #29096
                  December 28, 2005
                  5 Posts
                  Posted: December 29, 2005, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I look and see which scratch-off is returning the highest and play that.

I think the biggest mistake people make in playing is playing games where the top prizes are already claimed. 

The 2nd biggest mistake is playing multiple low-denomination tickets.  Return is almost always higher on a single high-denomination ticket.  There are very few scratch-offs under $5 that pay over 70% return and there are even a few $1 scratchoffs that are paying under 50%. 

My advice is based on Texas scratchoffs and is provided for entertainment value only.  please only gamble what you can afford to lose. 

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                    North Dakota
                    United States
                    Member #13397
                    April 5, 2005
                    1623 Posts
                    Posted: December 29, 2005, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

My current favorite scratch off game is the  $ 200 Million spectacular here in GA.

I know the top prize is annuity, but heck, I would take it......

DD

If you're going to play a $10 ticket go for the Jumbo Jumbo Bucks!  The odds of winning are 1:2.5 and top prize is $500,000 cash.  The odds to $200 Million Spec are 1:3.3.  I really love the Jumbo Jumbo tickets...  And Giant Jumbo for that matter. 

How are you going to win if you don't play?

inver grove ,mn
                      United States
                      Member #23392
                      October 12, 2005
                      3 Posts
                      Posted: January 7, 2006, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

i didnt know they had 30$ scratch offs out there.highest ive seen in mn is 15$iwas wondering if anyone knows where you can find out how many tickets there is in a certain game.ive looked for that info for minnesotas scratch offs<OR THERE REAL NAME TAXS OFFS>but i cant find any

United States
                        Member #30975
                        January 22, 2006
                        3 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2006, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

I hate to admit it but I love scratchers.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
                          North Dakota
                          United States
                          Member #13397
                          April 5, 2005
                          1623 Posts
                          Posted: January 24, 2006, 2:48 am - IP Logged

You shouldn't be ashamed of enjoying a scratch off or two.  You have a good shot of winning atleast a small prize.  Don't get me wrong I like PB and Pick 3 just as much as the next person...  But instant tickets are my favorite by far.  Nothing like matching a winning number and thinking for a split second that this could be the one...  (Then of course you find out you only won a ticket)

How are you going to win if you don't play?

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                            Member #4416
                            April 22, 2004
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2006, 9:40 am - IP Logged

I don't often play scratch-offs, but once in a while I play them on a whim. I don't care to throw a lot of money at them, but I do like to win, so I've found my best luck has been with the $2 tickets.

Most recently, I've played the Hoosier Lottery's Bonus Roulette game. It's a $2 game based on roulette numbers. The player gets ten numbers to try to match two winning numbers. There's also a bonus number that gives the player a shot at winning all ten prizes associated with his ten numbers if any of his numbers matches that bonus number. I did just that the very first time I played this game and I won $20. I've played one time since then and won $4 more.

The overall odds of Bonus Roulette are 1:4.57 and I've won back $24 on my $4 outlay, so I guess I'm a little ahead of the game. I might take another shot at it today when I cross the bridge for some Hoosier Lotto tickets.

I've also had a little luck with the Kentucky Lottery's Life in the Cash Lane $2 scratch-off game. Has anyone else had any experience with either of these two scratchers?

Good luck,

aye'

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                              Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: February 13, 2006, 8:31 am - IP Logged

tnplayer have you heard what the new scratch offs might be that are coming next?