Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Irish Lottery played from the UK?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 11 years ago by SHTh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
Member #3002
December 11, 2003
477 Posts
Posted: July 16, 2005, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know if its possible/legal to play the Irish Lottery from the UK, I dont mean in the bookmakers, I mean for a chance at the jackpot?

thanks.

Australia
    Member #17096
    June 11, 2005
    225 Posts
    Posted: July 17, 2005, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

No, you can't play the Irish lottery, but you can buy Irish Prize Bonds.

Prize Bonds are a flexible, state guaranteed, risk-free investment. With Prize Bonds you are eligible to win not just once, but every week - for as long as you hold the bonds.

By Post
    Prize Bonds can by purchased by post by printing the application form and posting it with the correct payment to:

The Prize Bond Company Ltd.
    3B
    GPO
    O'Connell Street
    Dublin 1
    Ireland

https://www.prizebonds.ie/online/purchasing/buyoffline.html

SHTh's avatar - baby

United States
      Member #1959
      August 1, 2003
      42 Posts
      Posted: July 19, 2005, 11:03 am - IP Logged
      Hi Paul762

The definitive answer is YES.

It is legal to play the official Irish Lotto in the UK. You do not have to reside in the Republic of Ireland to legally play and claim a prize. In fact you can play anyway in the world but obviously you must comply with all laws governing your state and country.

The problem is that their ticket vendors only reside in the Irish Republic. So unless you're going take a ferry every Saturday you need to find a reputable and honest third-party postal or online agent company.

Please note that I do recommend or have any opinion on third-party postal or online agent companies. It's probably not something I would contemplate, I’d prefer to use a personal associate.

Best of Luck

SHTH

9 years hunter, 17 weeks trapper. While the pursuits of hunting and trapping may be contiguous activities the ideology and actions involved are easily distinguishable.