Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

E-mail - please read if you're having trouble

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: July 17, 2005, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

I made a couple of changes to the e-mail delivery technology on the server, so please send me a PM if you're having trouble receiving e-mails.

This, of course, only applies if you have previously had no problem receiving e-mails, and now suddenly you're having trouble.

If you're an AOL user, you're probably going to have trouble getting e-mails from Lottery Post no matter what, because of their ridiculously aggressive e-mail filter.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8359 Posts
    Posted: July 18, 2005, 10:29 am - IP Logged
    yep your absolutely correct AOL seems to have stopped sending replies to my AOL email account again. Up and to the point in time when you wrote this post i was receiving all the emails to every topic i am tracking without any problems.

I haven't received any email replies since you changed whatever it was you did to improve your site. I cleaned my cache and logged off and back onto the site hoping to get the new changes you made to work for my account. I will try a couple other things before i start complaining to AOL's email help staff. I have clicked track this topic. For this post so if someone replies to it i should get an email notification as to such.

And or i will switch back to my yahoo email account which for all intensive purposes is as bad or worse than AOL as far as spam is concerned. I still say that this is happening because AOL peoples email accounts are being flooded with email from some people who reply to every single post to the tune of like 100 posts in a 24 hr period and the aol'ers must be clicking this is spam and causing AOL's e-mailer program to stop soliciting lottery post emails to AOL peoples mail boxes. 

If i can't straighten this out i will once again contact aol staff.
    I still cant figure out why when i typed this it had 4 paragraphs with a space between each and when it posted it was all tied together as if i didn't use a space between paragraphs so i have edit it to put line breaks between paragraphs to seperate the text.
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23259 Posts
      Posted: July 18, 2005, 10:59 am - IP Logged

You may want to tell the AOL staff that all messages sent to them are coming back with an error message of "Action: delayed, Status: 4.4.7" (whatever that means).

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8359 Posts
        Posted: July 18, 2005, 11:22 am - IP Logged
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23259 Posts
          Posted: July 18, 2005, 11:31 am - IP Logged

four4me,

It's something on AOL's side, because AOL is the only company returning those errors.  I'm sure there's some "magic bullet" that would fix it, but damn if I can figure it out.  I've used the Google search engine myself, and believe me, if it were something simple like those messages indicate, I would have done it.  If AOL gives you a fix, I'd love to hear it!

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8359 Posts
            Posted: July 19, 2005, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Todd did ya get the pm's i sent you?

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23259 Posts
              Posted: July 19, 2005, 7:36 am - IP Logged

Yes, thank you for sending all that detail.

I've actually tried a lot of that stuff, including the "feedback loop" thing that is supposed to send you e-mails when people mark a message as spam.  Unfortunately, after literally six different attempts to set it up, AOL outright refused, and would not provide a reason.

Remember that time when I said I had it with them?  That was around the time I tried to do that.  (Although I did try again -- unsuccessfully -- a week ago.)