Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

170 million for Friday

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
IL
United States
Member #15146
May 10, 2005
103 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2005, 1:28 am - IP Logged

Seems like a small roll to me, but atleast it rolled.

IL
    United States
    Member #15146
    May 10, 2005
    103 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2005, 1:35 am - IP Logged

june 2004 the jackpot rolled from 150 to 177 million.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23259 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2005, 1:40 am - IP Logged

You need to keep in mind that although it probably did roll, just because the Illinois Lottery posted the new jackpot doesn't mean it WILL roll.

The Illinois Lottery posts the new jackpot before it is official, and it has been wrong before.  (The last time that I know for a fact that it was wrong was about 6 months ago.)  They just use the estimated number that it will be IF it rolls.

For accuracy, consult USA Mega.  As soon as the new jackpot and cash value are officially announced, they will appear there, and they will be accurate.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2005, 1:41 am - IP Logged

Speak of accuracy, it is now official.  The jackpot is $170M, and the cash option is $103M.

Source: USA Mega

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #2338
          September 17, 2003
          2063 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2005, 2:49 am - IP Logged

Overall the roll isn't bad. Looks like three more drawings to hit 300 million or four for the record. Hope the new matrix can finally generate some decent jackpots for a change.

danisiri's avatar - Avatar all_for_Jesus.jpg

United States
            Member #13684
            April 11, 2005
            77 Posts
            Posted: July 20, 2005, 3:25 am - IP Logged

Overall the roll isn't bad. Looks like three more drawings to hit 300 million or four for the record. Hope the new matrix can finally generate some decent jackpots for a change.

No offense, but $170 million is a pretty decent jackpot, especially for us Californians getting our first taste of MM.  The larget jackpot for CA SuperLotto Plus is $193 million, which is the largest I have ever had the opportunity to play for.

But, I also agree that hopefully the matrix change will produce a new JP record in this current run and that someone breaks the single ticket JP record too!

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: July 20, 2005, 3:35 am - IP Logged

170 for a game that has 175 million to one odds is only ok. You could have driven to Oregon like I did to get tickets for Powerball for both times it broke 300 million. That was before they added a bunch of new states though. The real test if the new matrix can produce record pots is in the next three drawings.

United States
                Member #13684
                April 11, 2005
                77 Posts
                Posted: July 20, 2005, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

170 for a game that has 175 million to one odds is only ok. You could have driven to Oregon like I did to get tickets for Powerball for both times it broke 300 million. That was before they added a bunch of new states though. The real test if the new matrix can produce record pots is in the next three drawings.

I see your point.    Hopefully, the odds will keep it growing and break some records.

A drive to Oregon though, for me in Southern CA is quite a drive.  I had considered driving to Arizona once or twice when Powerball was high, but with the cost of gas, I did not want to make the trip.  Of course, the thought did cross my mind that if I were to win, then it was worth the cost of gas, but in the end, I was just too lazy to go.  I only buy a $1 QP, so spending $50 on gas to get a $1 ticket did not make much sense to me especially since I felt I would not win it.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing how this current run goes.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: July 20, 2005, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Well go too crazy with the odds and the players who buy tickets when it's under 100 million slow down their sales. It's a double edge sword. I think the limit would be just under 190 million to one without affecting sales too dramatically. I think it would be nice if this run breaks 300 million but I'm not holding my breath. It's been almost three years since any lottery broke 300 and that jackpot was won by the infamous Jack Whittaker.

United States
                    Member #13684
                    April 11, 2005
                    77 Posts
                    Posted: July 20, 2005, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Well go too crazy with the odds and the players who buy tickets when it's under 100 million slow down their sales. It's a double edge sword. I think the limit would be just under 190 million to one without affecting sales too dramatically. I think it would be nice if this run breaks 300 million but I'm not holding my breath. It's been almost three years since any lottery broke 300 and that jackpot was won by the infamous Jack Whittaker.

Certainly this run has the potential to break 300, but after 200 (or even after 100), it seems that people who normally do not play will play at least a $1 just for the chance.  But, maybe the long odds will help offset the increase in players so that the JP keeps rolling. 

I would like to see it break 300 and someone win a single JP (especially if that someone is me), but I do not know if I would want the publicity of breaking the record, especially since you cannot be in an anonymous trust in CA.  But, for $300+ million, it may be worth the loss of privacy!

Well, at least I have my ticket.

United States
                      Member #16612
                      June 2, 2005
                      3493 Posts
                      Posted: July 21, 2005, 12:37 am - IP Logged

I want to see CA win a MM jackpot over $195+ million before winning a CA lawsuit that shuts their sales in MM down for good.