Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Permutation

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by dee man.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: July 21, 2005, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Is permutation the same as wheeling or slightly augmented?

I was surfing the net today and saw this.

Some person was selling cheap systems on this idea, yet closer examination

revealed to me that it was very similiar to wheeling.

There was something different about it though.

An example: 1389...1375...1364...1302...8975...8964...8902...7564...7502...6402...

2 of the numbers (according to him), From the above list is supposedly in every drawing.

He claims since now having covered the 2 numbers, starting with covering 50% of the

numbers is a good thing.

Checking back, won twice boxed in the last 60 days or so, if had played, at ten bucks

a pop.

still interesting though!!!

johnph77's avatar - avatar
    CA
    United States
    Member #2987
    December 10, 2003
    832 Posts
    Posted: July 21, 2005, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Seeing as how each number from 0 to 9 is listed twice in those numbers that's an easy assumption for him to make. Now if there was only a way to guarantee which four-number combination is going to come close - aye, there's the rub.....

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: July 21, 2005, 9:27 pm - IP Logged

johnph77 has it right pacattack.  I can give you a list of 50 Pick 3 combos off the top of my head and if you followed all of them for a month in all the Pick 3 games running out there, you'd be surprised how many would hit. (heck if you want to take the time for fun only, just pick 50 combos yourself and track them on paper against all the drawings in all the states for a month)

But the answer to winning isn't the "right" combination. THe answer is figuring out when the combination will fall and where (which game) That is what makes it tough.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: July 21, 2005, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

I can also give you a list of 50 combos that won't hit....

but then again,,,,,,,what do I know?????

Key numbers can have a related effect on outcomes.

Don't put contrived efforts aside.

The answer is having the right number?

No!!!!!!...................The answer is how you got it........

SirMetro's avatar - center
          East of Atlanta
          United States
          Member #6191
          August 11, 2004
          1389 Posts
          Posted: July 22, 2005, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Not exactly permutations, but figured if anyone is gonna toy with it, you would, so here it is.

A coworker explained an idea to me that he uses for selecting Cash4 numbers. First, he has assigned a number to all the letters in the alphabet. Next, he takes four letter words and converts various words to the associated number. He told me his biggest winners are commonly cuss words (most which I would not even use, much less post here). At first I thought he was kidding, but I got to checking and turns out, he doesn't use any form of tracking, just converts a few of his words each day over. Also, he wins on average of at least once a week, sometimes more with Cash4. Anyone who can win more then once a week on cash 4, I ain't making fun of (considering I have only hit cash4 twice in a year with all the tracking I do).

Anyway, just a note I thought I would drop for you folks to consider.

In regards to permutation, is that not nothing more then a slight reconfiguration of the same item in just a slightly different method of presentation. For example, a permutation of 1234 would be 4321 (I think would would say there is roughly 12 total permutations of 1234?). Maybe I have this confused with something else, but I always thought permutation was just a fancy word for "rearranging" whereas mutation was change caused by course of action. Example, 1234 mutates to 6789 via a mutation of looking at the VTrac application creating possible 144 (not sure of exact number) total possible mutated results between 1234 & 6789 (1239, 1289, etc...).

Sir Metro

Greenwich, CT
            United States
            Member #4793
            May 24, 2004
            1822 Posts
            Posted: July 22, 2005, 9:37 am - IP Logged

Sir Metro,

Yes, you're right, permutations are just reconfigurations...order matters.  So if you've got four digits, and each is distinct, 1-2-3-4....this can be arranged in 24 possible ways.  4! = 4x3x2x1 = 24.

1234, 1243, 1324, 1342, 1423, 1432 There are six possibilities, and just repeat with 2, 3, and 4 in the first spot.

It's interesting that only Pick 3 and Pick 4 games deal with permutations.  The Mega Millions odds would be 21,085,384,320:1 if draw order mattered on the 5/56 matrix.  Yes, that's 21 billion to 1.

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1389 Posts
              Posted: July 22, 2005, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

billion huh...heck and I was just happy counting to 21 (but only when completely disrobed...but that's another story for another site). Guess I will stick to little numbers like 0 thru 9 for the time being.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3103 Posts
                Posted: July 25, 2005, 12:50 am - IP Logged

As I understand it, permutations are by hand combination creation trying to cover various possibilities of how the numbers may fall.  It isn't wheeling, but could rise to the level of wheeling or at least open cover wheel design.  You often find it in systems where you're trying to predict by position and swap numbers in and out of those positions.  Sometimes system sellers use it as a fancy word to make it sound like they have something better then wheeling, like selling petrol in place of gas. In today's lotto world permutations may be substituted for wheeling, but if it is make sure you understand what you're actually getting for your money. 

BobP

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8360 Posts
                  Posted: July 25, 2005, 12:57 am - IP Logged

1389...1375...1364...1302...8975...8964...8902...7564...7502...6402...

Funny you have posted these because several of them are the numbers i use for all states which do very well over time. They hit a lot in their respective 24 way combinations and have hit multiple times in many states. 

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: July 25, 2005, 1:25 am - IP Logged

They just happen to be on his websit as "freebies". It is true .....2 of those numbers will be in there.

scott_one's avatar - abstract
                      Lapeer, MI
                      United States
                      Member #9977
                      December 29, 2004
                      31 Posts
                      Posted: July 30, 2005, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

2 of the numbers (according to him), From the above list is supposedly in every drawing.

He claims since now having covered the 2 numbers, starting with covering 50% of the

numbers is a good thing.
                      This would not be true if a number like 1111, 2222, 3333, etc. were to come up.

United States
                        Member #17555
                        June 22, 2005
                        5582 Posts
                        Posted: July 31, 2005, 1:23 am - IP Logged

numbers is a good thing.
                        This would not be true if a number like 1111, 2222, 3333, etc. were to come up.

True, but how often do quads come in?...Not too often.....

johnph77's avatar - avatar
                          CA
                          United States
                          Member #2987
                          December 10, 2003
                          832 Posts
                          Posted: August 4, 2005, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

Quads will come in just as often as the ten numbers he has posted will come in - in exact order.

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

Pair King's avatar - animaniacs37
                            Dallas Texas
                            United States
                            Member #18154
                            July 6, 2005
                            185 Posts
                            Posted: August 4, 2005, 3:06 pm - IP Logged

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/113476

It was talked about it here...look at the way Todd rearranged the chart.... 

First you get the money ...Than you get the power...The rest is all on you...

Anguilla
                              Member #16469
                              May 31, 2005
                              15 Posts
                              Posted: August 13, 2005, 8:21 am - IP Logged

Which website can we locate the freebies at?